Peak APT vs PEak 02...your experiences and which one you prefer...

CT21

Awards
What are your experiences with either one or both and which one do you prefer...

Peak ATP or PEak 02...

For myself iv only tried Peak ATP, more specificly Promeras powdered version. I like it alot and think pre workout specificly, it works great. I like it even more then creatine (which i do take post) in that scenario. Iv always found it odd that it never really took off or became a viable stable for many, but the past year Iv seen alot of formulations come out with a similar compound Peak 02 and many like it. I wonder if those same people have tried Peak ATP and if so...did it work for them...???

As always thanks for your replies in advance fellas...

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What are your experiences with either one or both and which one do you prefer...

Peak ATP or PEak 02...

For myself iv only tried Peak ATP, more specificly Promeras powdered version. I like it alot and think pre workout specificly, it works great. I like it even more then creatine (which i do take post) in that scenario. Iv always found it odd that it never really took off or became a viable stable for many, but the past year Iv seen alot of formulations come out with a similar compound Peak 02 and many like it. I wonder if those same people have tried Peak ATP and if so...did it work for them...???

As always thanks for your replies in advance fellas...
They're not really similar to be honest. If you like peak ATP, stick with it, but imo it hasn't taken off because a) it's expensive, b) the science behind it is rather shady. PeakO2 is a mixture of things including cordyceps (which themselves have mixed results). If I was to choose one of the two, it would be peako2.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They're not really similar to be honest. If you like peak ATP, stick with it, but imo it hasn't taken off because a) it's expensive, b) the science behind it is rather shady. PeakO2 is a mixture of things including cordyceps (which themselves have mixed results). If I was to choose one of the two, it would be peako2.
I only really ever buy Peak ATP when it's BOGO. I think it's normally $20/month, but sometimes you can find it for $10/month. I've just started taking Xtend Perform with PeakO2, but the reviews have been great so far.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
I prefer the Peak ATP but I've only tried the PeakO2 a couple times.

If the Peak ATP did what its supposed to, then I wouldn't even consider Peak O2 due to it being the primary energy source in cells.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Here's an old post of mine regarding Peak ATP:

"I wasn't sold on it at first, but I've seen a handful of studies on it showing benefits:
Oral ATP administration can increase post-exercise blood flow, and may be particularly effective during exercise recovery.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25006331
Supplementation with 400 mg ATP/d for 15 days tended to reduce muscle fatigue and improved a participant’s ability to maintain a higher force output at the end of an exhaustive exercise bout.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3483284/
Our results suggest oral ATP supplementation may enhance muscular adaptations following 12-weeks of resistance training, and prevent decrements in performance following overreaching.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3849389/"

Then there's also ElevATP:
Supplementation with a combination of extended-release caffeine and ancient peat and apple extracts may enhance resistance training-induced skeletal muscle hypertrophy without adversely affecting blood chemistry.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4901467/
Supplementing with ancient peat and apple extract while participating in periodized resistance training may enhance performance adaptations.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4950767/
Supplementation with a proprietary blend of ancient peat and apple extracts may enhance resistance training-induced skeletal muscle hypertrophy without affecting fat mass or blood chemistry in healthy males.
http://www.nrcresearchpress.com/doi/abs/10.1139/apnm-2015-0241

Run all 3, haha.

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
We will have Peak02 in bulk via primaforce in 7-10 days, you can try for yourself. We played around with peak atp for awhile and never saw much from it in testing. We tested lots of people at VERY high doses and were not impressed at all.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
We will have Peak02 in bulk via primaforce in 7-10 days, you can try for yourself. We played around with peak atp for awhile and never saw much from it in testing. We tested lots of people at VERY high doses and were not impressed at all.
Thats surprising. Maybe ATP isn't orally active in the ways we were hoping. But I'll be trying out the PeakO2 again.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Sound interesting, please let me/us know when it's released and where to get it :)

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Awesome. I wonder what the price is going to be like.

Also, I know PeakO2 is more than just Cordyceps Militaris, but what is your opinion on Nammex Cordyceps Militaris Extraxct (whole fruiting body) with 30% β-Glucan and 0.3% Cordycepin HPLC? It lists the recommended dose at 1g/day, and that's ~$15/month.

I'm using Xtend Perform now (a few days so far), and the black cherry tastes very good. I enjoy drinking it.

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
I don't recall exact pricing, but 120g, would be around 19.99 to consumers. The study on peak02 used 4g per day. More studies are being done now at lower dosing. There are more questions than answers on mushrooms as there are many unknown factors. I prefer blends due to BG content. I use it often and hardly ever get sick with my travels. Just recently was on 4 continents in 4 weeks, traveled 35k miles and never got sick. Until my first meal back in the USA at DC airport, got bad fish and lost 7lbs in a day sitting on a toilet lol

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Never tried PeakO2 but I have used PeakATP many times. Honestly,I really like it

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
PeakATP and PeakO2 are both A-OK in my book. Used both (PeakO2 via Xtend Perform for 8 weeks, and PeakATP for 2 8 week runs) with nice results. PeakATP is a steal when they have BOGO sales.

CT21

Awards
thanks for the input fellas...for some reason I was assuming that the Peak02 was similar to ElevATP, but Sciavation was throwing a twist on it, like how some companies use Testofen fenugrek, but will throw there own name on it like testosurge or some ****...now knowing that Peak 02 is actually cordyceps I can see the benefits one has over the other when compared to Peak ATP.

Also when it comes to Peak ATP i believe the best way to take it is pre workout w/stimulates like caffeine and such as i feel they have a synergistic effect. While the opposite is seen when caffeine and creatine are co-ingested. My theory being that your body will use the energy source produced from the caffeine as its more readily available instead of using more energy to make ATP from the creatine ingested. Where as Peak ATP needs to conversion through the kreps cycle...what do you fellas think?

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
I don't recall exact pricing, but 120g, would be around 19.99 to consumers. The study on peak02 used 4g per day. More studies are being done now at lower dosing. There are more questions than answers on mushrooms as there are many unknown factors. I prefer blends due to BG content. I use it often and hardly ever get sick with my travels. Just recently was on 4 continents in 4 weeks, traveled 35k miles and never got sick. Until my first meal back in the USA at DC airport, got bad fish and lost 7lbs in a day sitting on a toilet lol
How much for a kilo, unflavored? :D

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
PeakO2 is good stuff.

I prefer elevATP to peakATP.

compan

compan

Awards
Never tried PeakO2 but I have used PeakATP many times. Honestly,I really like it
This right here. I've read a lot of people not liking Peak ATP or complaining about problems with possible availability and it working as claimed. I honestly noticed a difference. Years ago I did a Promera log with their Peak ATP product and I felt a noticeable difference.

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
I should clarify my comments on Peak ATP. Given the cost, we didn't see it as worth the cost. Not that it had zero value, but against the cost, didn't make it commercially viable. Which is why companies have struggled to implement it into products. It has been around for over a decade. I sat with them back in 03-04ish when they were trying to push it. Epic had it out for a bit around 06, didn't work out.

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not sure why people are acting like cordyceps is something new. I notice more from Cordygen5 from MST than I did Xtend Perform. Been taking it for going on 8 years. HATE cardio without it

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
Not sure why people are acting like cordyceps is something new. I notice more from Cordygen5 from MST than I did Xtend Perform. Been taking it for going on 8 years. HATE cardio without it
Cordyceps isn't new, you're right. CS-4 has data showing none of it is actually cordyceps. The question with mushrooms is what are the drivers for the results. Peak02 has data on it, specific to that formula.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Interestingly, some of those for the oral ATP are not placebo controlled (Oral adenosine-5?-triphosphate (ATP) administration increases blood flow following exercise in animals and humans | Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition | Full Text), and the ones that were, the results may have reached statistical significance, but i'd question clinical significance as the % change was not substantial.

For what that's worth, looking at the actual results vs. conclusion drawn will give you the best insight.

This study was pretty interesting to read: Effects of oral adenosine-5 and was very well controlled and conducted, a crossover would have been nice just to eliminate that variable, but the results are compelling.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What effects do you notice?
Not sure to which ingredient you're referring so I'll give you my thoughts on both. Admittedly they will be anecdotal, n=1, but I'm pretty attuned to my body and supplementation after 8 years.

PeakO2 didn't do much for strength, but the added endurance is significant. My time-to-exhaustion was dramatically reduced with cardio, and nicely reduced with resistance-training. I caught my breath faster and my heart-rate was lower than normal.

ElevATP had nearly creatine-like increases in strength for me. I did a little experiment where I stopped taking creatine for 4 weeks, (to see if it would slow my hair shedding), then began a 4-week run of ElevATP. While I cannot discount placebo, towards the end of the 4-weeks off creatine, several of my lifts went down 5-10lbs. After a week on ElevATP, they went back up to where they were. I also notice somewhat better endurance on ElevATP. Placebo or not, I really like the ingredient. I did not give PeakATP the same level of scrutiny, but I did not notice much of a benefit when I used it for 4 weeks.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not sure to which ingredient you're referring so I'll give you my thoughts on both. Admittedly they will be anecdotal, n=1, but I'm pretty attuned to my body and supplementation after 8 years.

PeakO2 didn't do much for strength, but the added endurance is significant. My time-to-exhaustion was dramatically reduced with cardio, and nicely reduced with resistance-training. I caught my breath faster and my heart-rate was lower than normal.

ElevATP had nearly creatine-like increases in strength for me. I did a little experiment where I stopped taking creatine for 4 weeks, (to see if it would slow my hair shedding), then began a 4-week run of ElevATP. While I cannot discount placebo, towards the end of the 4-weeks off creatine, several of my lifts went down 5-10lbs. After a week on ElevATP, they went back up to where they were. I also notice somewhat better endurance on ElevATP. Placebo or not, I really like the ingredient. I did not give PeakATP the same level of scrutiny, but I did not notice much of a benefit when I used it for 4 weeks.
Was curious about your feedback on ATP, thanks

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Is this ElevATP solo?

CT21

Awards
funny you brought up Cordygen5, I literally came across it the other day while lookint at MST's PeakATP product...could possibly run them together in the future...if i do ill post some feed back up on the results/experience.

CT21

Awards

Thanks for the input Lynks8. I need to give ElevATP a run soon where I can clearly distinguish its effects. On a side note, I myself have experienced that same particular side effect from supplementing w/creatine over the past 8 years. Like yourself my experience is anecdotal, but coincidentally 3 months after I started my journey into lifting, when I was 18, I started supplementing my diet with WPI, fish oil, and creatine and soon after that is when I started experiencing a lot of hair shedding for the 1st time. It continued and I never made the correlation until a couple years later when i had stopped taking creatine, for some odd reason, and I noticed my hair shedding wasn't as bad. Soon after I started supplementing with creatine again the shedding got worse. Thats when I started learning about creatine's effects on DHT and while most experts will argue its minuet I think it can be substantial in some...

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Is this ElevATP solo?
Essentially.

I had switched from Conqu3r Demigod + bulk AMP to Conqu3r Unleashed. Not an absolutely perfect comparison, of course, but the only major addition was ElevATP and my diet was unchanged, so I attribute my lift increases primarily to that. Or placebo maybe, lol...no way to know for sure, but my money is on ElevATP. This was also back when amento was thought to have acute strength benefits, so I was worried about losing that. Imagine my surprise when my lifts started going up. :thumbsup:

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks for the input Lynks8. I need to give ElevATP a run soon where I can clearly distinguish its effects. On a side note, I myself have experienced that same particular side effect from supplementing w/creatine over the past 8 years. Like yourself my experience is anecdotal, but coincidentally 3 months after I started my journey into lifting, when I was 18, I started supplementing my diet with WPI, fish oil, and creatine and soon after that is when I started experiencing a lot of hair shedding for the 1st time. It continued and I never made the correlation until a couple years later when i had stopped taking creatine, for some odd reason, and I noticed my hair shedding wasn't as bad. Soon after I started supplementing with creatine again the shedding got worse. Thats when I started learning about creatine's effects on DHT and while most experts will argue its minuet I think it can be substantial in some...
Wow, we've had almost exactly the same experience. I'm predisposed to hair-loss thanks to my almost entirely bald family on both sides, so maybe it's a coincidence, but when I started supplementing with whey, fish oil, and creatine in college...that's when I first noticed significant shedding. I figured it was just my inevitable MPB kicking off and thought nothing of it. A few years later I saw the study showing creatine potentially causing raised DHT so I stopped taking it and what do you know? My shedding slowed significantly. Thankfully, with betaine and elevatp, I feel like I get an equivalent ergogenic boost compared to creatine, and I'm holding on to most of my hair (thanks also in part to several anti-hair-loss products I use). I have, of course, experimented with creatine since, like running a couple bottles of Tr1umph during a bulk, which I loved, but sure enough, shedding got demonstrably worse.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Essentially.

I had switched from Conqu3r Demigod + bulk AMP to Conqu3r Unleashed. Not an absolutely perfect comparison, of course, but the only major addition was ElevATP and my diet was unchanged, so I attribute my lift increases primarily to that. Or placebo maybe, lol...no way to know for sure, but my money is on ElevATP. This was also back when amento was thought to have acute strength benefits, so I was worried about losing that. Imagine my surprise when my lifts started going up. :thumbsup:
I've never tried the old Conqu3r, but does it contain Alpha-GPC? Using Alpha-GPC at a certain dosage (I believe 300mg?) everyday for about a week has been known to increase strength quite decently, so I wonder if you are feeling the Alpha-GPC benefits moreso than the ElevATP benefits. I've used PeakATP (solo and stacked) before so I assume ElevATP has similar benefits, but I'm not sure if increased strength is one of them.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've never tried the old Conqu3r, but does it contain Alpha-GPC? Using Alpha-GPC at a certain dosage (I believe 300mg?) everyday for about a week has been known to increase strength quite decently, so I wonder if you are feeling the Alpha-GPC benefits moreso than the ElevATP benefits. I've used PeakATP (solo and stacked) before so I assume ElevATP has similar benefits, but I'm not sure if increased strength is one of them.
Valid observations/questions.

Demigod had Alpha-GPC.

PeakATP is Adenosine 5′-Triphosphate Disodium (or a "form" thereof), which has conflicting data on it. A Jacob Wilson study had promising results, but...Wilson. Then there's this one showing poor bio-availability: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3441280/

ElevATP is an Ancient Peat and apple extract that acts a precursor to ATP generation. It seems to have somewhat more compelling results thus far, including strength benefits. http://bmccomplementalternmed.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12906-016-1222-x

That said, 1. I don't pretend to have anything close to a full understanding of this stuff. 2. The data thus far doesn't seem to show ElevATP having quite the significant, acute strength benefits I observed, so some of it may be placebo. As such, I don't want to think about it too much more, lest i scrutinize my gains away. :tragedy: :biglaugh:

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Valid observations/questions.

Demigod had Alpha-GPC.

PeakATP is Adenosine 5′-Triphosphate Disodium (or a "form" thereof), which has conflicting data on it. A Jacob Wilson study had promising results, but...Wilson. Then there's this one showing poor bio-availability: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3441280/

ElevATP is an Ancient Peat and apple extract that acts a precursor to ATP generation. It seems to have somewhat more compelling results thus far, including strength benefits. http://bmccomplementalternmed.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12906-016-1222-x

That said, 1. I don't pretend to have anything close to a full understanding of this stuff. 2. The data thus far doesn't seem to show ElevATP having quite the significant, acute strength benefits I observed, so some of it may be placebo. As such, I don't want to think about it too much more, lest i scrutinize my gains away. :tragedy: :biglaugh:
Anecdotally, PeakATP has treated me well (multiple solo runs). If it is placebo, it is the good kind of placebo that I am fine with. Studies are important, but of course, for me personally, personal experience is as well. I've never tried ElevATP solo and I've also seen the studies as well, but I've also noticed benefits from Alpha-GPC solo (300mg and 600mg pwo) so it's hard for me to tell if it's the ElevATP that is helping (but again, it might be helping in a different way), but I'm not against it by any means.

CU is a great pre-workout though, for sure. It's the only one I'll be using for quite awhile. I'm very picky with my ingredients and dosages.

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
AGPC is a good ingredient, just very expensive. Patent holders love their margin