Advanced stacks

Abel84

Awards
Hi Guys,

I have my basic supplementation down pat, taking creatine, multi (vitamin D), fish oil, protien and greens. I want to try something extra, focusing my priorities on strength first then size. I am looking at trying some preworkout and see alot of them contain carnosyn, what is more beneficial for strength gains carnosyn or betaine and would you reccomend carnosyn? And what advanced supplements/stacks would you reccomend purely for strength, not to concerned about the price. Thanks in advance!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Carnosyn is a patented form of beta-alanine, which is a non essential amino acid. Beta-alanine is found in almost all preworkout powders - its what gives some users that 'tingling' feeling. Beta-alanine raises carnosine levels in the muscle, which can help increase muscular anaerobic performance and exercise performance overall. Betaine works by helping to hydrate the muscle cell and increase muscle protein synthesis which will increase strength and improve recovery.

So to answer your question, if your focus is purely strength gain, I would say betaine would be the best choice. But also keep in mind that you don't need to choose one over the other, both can be taken safely and you can benefit from both at the same time.

With that being said, I would recommend Powermax XT as a good supplement to start with. Powermax XT contains a full serving of creatine and betaine to improve strength, power, and recovery. It also contains glycerol and potassium to improve hydration, along with an electrolyte blend and amentoflavone. Amentoflavone is another ingredient you should read up on - it can help improve muscle contractions and can increase fat burning, which are both great benefits for anyone who trains hard.

Powermax XT is a great foundation supplement for any stack. You have the ability to add a preworkout in with it to get your caffeine and beta-alanine, and you can also stack it with natural hormone products. Its a great staple that lays the groundwork for any stack you choose to go with. Have you looked into any other more advanced products?

Abel84

Awards
Thanks for the reply John!

Yes from all the studies i was under the understanding that beta-alanine was the more popular ingredient. But then i started reading this forum and i see a lot more people recommending Betaine. I guess the problem i see with a lot of pre-workouts combining the two is one of the two will always be under dosed, i have been supplementing with 3.2g of carnosyn for about 4 weeks and i am guessing taking a supplement with a lower dose would be fine for maintenance and aim to keep the betaine around the 2.5g a day mark.

I am not to sure about the more advanced products, i was originally looking at Magnitropin but after reading a lot on this forum i see heaps of recommendations for X-gels and AnaBeta Elite. I really have no idea where to start when it comes to these types of products.

I have mainly read Mike Matthews muscle for life and followed his workouts for around a year just using the basic supplements.

Also i am in Australia so coming across some of the more advanced supplements is more difficult but mainly just more costly (i guess you can get anything if you are willing to pay for it lol). I have used bodybuilding.com but their international service is really average as they have to have all the supplements in the one warehouse and even though there website says in stock they will not ship it if it is not available at the one warehouse so sometimes orders can take two weeks to ship plus a good week for delivery.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Many good natty sups out there that you don't need to worry about hormonal effects with. Epicat (Epicurus by Sparta, Epi Plex by CEL, Ep1c by OL) laxogenin: Androcrine by BPS & Str3ngth Unleashed by OL are both transdermals which is supposed to have better absorption. XGels by SNS are an ARA supp meaning they allow for better muscle microtears during workouts so you can do more damage on your workouts to grow back stronger (hopefully I worked that right). Tr1umph by OL has great ingredient profile for muscle growth and repair.

BLS has Follidrone 2.0 (myo inhibitor) I hear good things but have never used.

Chaos and Pain have a well dosed oral Epicat-Laxo blend product called Legendary.

Hmm, all I can think of at moment anyone else?

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
John's got you covered with the explanations of what beta-alanine and betaine are. In short, both are good ingredients, but I'd categorize beta-alanine as more beneficial for endurance, and betaine as better for strength and mps--working similar to, and synergistically with, creatine. There's no reason not to take both, but I'm a far bigger fan of betaine, personally.

As someone relatively new to designer supplements, I'd suggest starting with what many refer to as "staple" or "core" supplements: anabolic aids that have been largely proven to elicit beneficial effects on strength and muscle building. These would include ingredients such as creatine and betaine. Perhaps the most exciting recent addition to that category is Phosphatidic Acid, or "PA" for short. Found in Soy Lecithin, PA activates a crucial pathway that causes muscle cells to increase protein synthesis. PA has been shown to increase strength and lean mass gains, and as a result, it's become a wildly popular ingredient in the community.

For an all-in-one product that covers 16 staple ingredients such as Creatine, Betaine, L-Carnitine L-Tartrate, and of course, PA, I'd look at Olympus Labs Tr1umph. It covers all your bases and is a great, convenient starting point to advanced supplementation. I believe it's available at Massive Joes and other Australian stores. If I were you, I'd start with these cost-effective staples first, and then begin researching more specifically targeted supplements like ARA (X-Gels), Epicatechin, and others.

jathan_howe

Awards
I'm about to run X-Gels, AnaBeta Elite, SlinMax, and Tr1umph starting Monday. I'm excited to see how great ArA, Anacyclus, Lodhra, Cistanche, Phosphatidic Acid, an improved insulin sensitivity and all the staples work together

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
John mentioned Powermax XT which is a great daily ergogenic. I just wanted to add that Performax Labs has begun shipping to an AU distributor, so you should start seeing products like Powermax XT and Alphamax XT showing up locally very soon!

jathan_howe

Awards
ArA and Tr1umph is an awesome stack of just two

Abel84

Awards
WOW!! Thanks for the support guys. You have defiantly given me some good points/categories to start reading up on. I did try Phospha Muscle some months back and broke through some plateaus, must have got carried away and then injured myself so took a break for a bit. But i really appreciate the support. I did try mixing my own supplements at one stage but it got rather difficult as i work away from home a lot and had to carry multiple bottles of supplements also was hard to acheive the same taste, so i would much prefer the products that cover multiple bases and will definitely look into Powermax XT and Tr1umph.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
FOr a more advanced and versatile supplement, I would suggest looking at AlphaMax XT. It can be used for either a bulking, cutting or recomping phase. Cortisol will be controlled through multiple pathways, with an adaptogen and an AI. Ashwasgandha, the adaptogen, helps alleviate stress and anxiety. Depending on how lean you are, the AI will increase vascularity and help give you a harder look. The Ashwagandha will also increase testosterone which will help with adding lean mass.

http://www.ergo-log.com/ashwagandha-strength-lean-body-mass-fat-percentage.html
http://www.ergo-log.com/human-study-ashwagandha-boosts-testosterone-level.html

Testosterone will also be increased with the full dose of 3,4 dinavil and boron. Forskolin will help achieve that as well. The forskolin is what makes AlphaMax XT so versatile. It is great when cutting or recomping, but can be used during a bulk as well. This ingredient will elevate cAMP levels which in turn helps users increase lean mass and increase fat loss

https://www.t-nation.com/supplements/burn-fat-pile-on-muscle-with-forskolin

Forskolin increases metabolism, burns fat, breaks down triglycerides, and increases lean-body mass
The thyroid stimulating strength of forskolin has been compared to TSH (thyrotropin). Thyroid hormone levels are important for leanness.
Forskolin has increased total testosterone by 16% in male subjects during a 12-week trial.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
For either strenght or mass, there's no better stack than Xgels and Anabeta elite.

For cheap singel ingredients, throw in some SNS COP. dirt cheap, and great for strength.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm about to run X-Gels, AnaBeta Elite, SlinMax, and Tr1umph starting Monday. I'm excited to see how great ArA, Anacyclus, Lodhra, Cistanche, Phosphatidic Acid, an improved insulin sensitivity and all the staples work together
I know for strength and size X gels and Anabeta elite is hard to beat. I will be running something like this in mid September.