Insulin Supplements

FloydB

FloydB

Awards
Anyone experience using insulin Supplements? Would that be considered more of an advanced supplement to use? What's its benefits?

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Please define insulin supplements? Are you talking GNC/Vitamin World OTC or prescription?

FloydB

FloydB

Awards
Only 1 I have seen is BSL' s Glycolog. Haven't read much on it, just wondering if anyone has been using insulin as part of a Bulk, or added to their Supps.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Only 1 I have seen is BSL' s Glycolog. Haven't read much on it, just wondering if anyone has been using insulin as part of a Bulk, or added to their Supps.
ok, that is whole different balpark tahn insulin... what you;re talking about are glucose disposal agents (GDA's) and nutritent partitioners... BSL is a terrible company that most dont trust, so here are a few of the other supps that fit that category:

SNS Glycophase
UspLabs AP
Permformax Labs Slinmax
Evomuse Slintensity
EBF Recompadrol (no longer made though, but may have been the best ever)

theres a few more I can't think of atm but these are some of the best around.

R

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ok, that is whole different balpark tahn insulin... what you;re talking about are glucose disposal agents (GDA's) and nutritent partitioners... BSL is a terrible company that most dont trust, so here are a few of the other supps that fit that category:

SNS Glycophase
UspLabs AP
Permformax Labs Slinmax
Evomuse Slintensity

Second this, and would also add to the list:

Hi-Tech Glucozene-Rx™
Blue Star GlycoDrive
Magnum Mimic

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
Slinmax is amazing my man, i recommend giving it a shot you will definitely be satisfied everyone i have had utilize has made great improvements in body composition. It has proven ingredients at proper doses. john.patterson Quads_of_Steel AntM1564

http://www.tgbsupplements.com/product/performax-labs-slin-max/

FloydB

FloydB

Awards
What is its purpose? Is it used for Bulking? Give me some info.

B

Bourd9258

Awards
Yes. I took Vanadyl sulfate and Alpha Lipoic acid and had really good results.

R

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When you're bulking you'll be taking in a lot of extra carbs. GDAs help shuttle the extra carbs into the muscle cells rather than going to fat stores, additionally they also help mitigate huge spikes in insulin, thus avoiding the "carb coma" you'll feel sometimes.

Fuller looking muscles, less "fluffy" feeling, etc.

FloydB

FloydB

Awards
I haven't figured Carb intake. Calories will be around 3000-3500, Protein will be 250-300.
Currently weigh 205

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
This will allow more of the carbohydrates you utilize to be shuttled into the muscle cells and to be used for growth and recovery and not spilling over and stored as fat.

FloydB

FloydB

Awards
What's an ideal # for Carbs considering the Calorie and Protein intake values I provided?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
What's an ideal # for Carbs considering the Calorie and Protein intake values I provided?
Depends. I thrive off little carbs, so generally <100g, with it commonly sitting at 75ish.

You just need to play around with what works

R

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's entirely dependent on each individual.

Start with 1g/lb of bodyweight for protein and 0.5g/lb of bodyweight for fat as minimums. After that, fill in the remainder with carbs to meet your caloric needs.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Anyone compare the effects of Glycolog to the original now discontinued Recompadrol, i still have 3 sealed tubs of recompadrol and 40 caps in my current tub but am saving it for when i go back on carbs due to being low carb and low fat at the moment.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
That's entirely dependent on each individual.

Start with 1g/lb of bodyweight for protein and 0.5g/lb of bodyweight for fat as minimums. After that, fill in the remainder with carbs to meet your caloric needs.
Why only minimum fat? Curious.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Benefits would be little to no bloating after a carb heavy meal, better utilization of nutrients, a better pump, fuller muscle, improved body composition and a reduction in blood sugar. All of those are dependent on the ingredients in the supplement. I actually took a serving with my last meal and I still feel pretty hungry despite it being a carb/calorie heavy meal.

There have been a lot of good suggestions in here so far. SlinMax is one of the more comprehensive supplements in this category, along with Recompadrol. SlinMax contains individual ingredients that most people will use to make their own GDA type product which is one reason why I enjoy it.

Na-R-ALA also reduces blood sugar and improves glycogen storage thanks to its actions with GLUT-4 (an important glucose transporter in the body). The dose in SlinMax is a full dose.

Agmatine improves glucose uptake and insulin sensitivity of skeletal muscles.and glucose uptake in skeletal muscle tissue. Agmatine stimulates the release of beta-endorphin that helps move glucose out of the bloodstream and into muscle tissue. Agmatine also helps with a muscle pump. Agmatine also helps with muscle fullness. People often say SlinMax gives them a "food pump", Think of your post workout pump, but just from eating!

Berberine is effective at controlling insulin levels and glucose disposal.

These are the most important ingredients in SlinMax, in my opinion and will help improve body composition, even from those that do not tolerate carbs very well.

I would also suggest using some natural remedies, like adding cinnamon to all meals. Cinnamon tastes great on pretty much everything.

You macro breakdown is highly dependent on the person. Some can function and perform off little carbs while others will fall flat on their face. It is one of those things you need to try and see how your body responds. You could also carb cycle too, which has many benefits. A good ratio of macros people use is a 40/40/20 split of carbs/protein/fat.

H

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Anyone compare the effects of Glycolog to the original now discontinued Recompadrol, i still have 3 sealed tubs of recompadrol and 40 caps in my current tub but am saving it for when i go back on carbs due to being low carb and low fat at the moment.
I have not tried glycolog, but when you compare the ingredient profile of glycolog to recompadrol, there is really no competition. Recompadrol wins. I still have been unable to find a product that worked as well as recompadrol, although slintensity is a good runner-up.

J

jathan_howe

Awards
I have not tried glycolog, but when you compare the ingredient profile of glycolog to recompadrol, there is really no competition. Recompadrol wins. I still have been unable to find a product that worked as well as recompadrol, although slintensity is a good runner-up.
Have you tried SlinMax? I haven't tried any GDA's but out of what's on the market, SlinMax and Slintensity seem like the best

C

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
GDAs are very valuable for some, and not so much for others. If you gain fat easy, they can be a great tool. Glucozene actually tested really well for me based on glucometer readings and is one of the cheaper ones. Slintensity and anabolic pump also. Some popular ones that people rave about didn't do all that great on glucometer measurements.

Agmatine and ala are also good and dirt cheap in bulk and stack great with Glucozene.

J

jathan_howe

Awards
GDAs are very valuable for some, and not so much for others. If you gain fat easy, they can be a great tool. Glucozene actually tested really well for me based on glucometer readings and is one of the cheaper ones. Slintensity and anabolic pump also. Some popular ones that people rave about didn't do all that great on glucometer measurements.

Agmatine and ala are also good and dirt cheap in bulk and stack great with Glucozene.
I barely upped my calories for a bulk and blew up and bloated and look 10lbs fatter, when in reality I'm just 3lbs heavier from water and bloat. A GDA sounds good to me lol

H

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried SlinMax? I haven't tried any GDA's but out of what's on the market, SlinMax and Slintensity seem like the best
I can't use anything with bioperene aka piperine. This rules out a lot of supplements for me.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Although it is not touted as one, Defuse by Evomuse has some gda properties to it.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

SNS Glycophase
UspLabs AP
Permformax Labs Slinmax
Evomuse Slintensity

These are the ones I have seen work best.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

SNS Glycophase
UspLabs AP
Permformax Labs Slinmax
Evomuse Slintensity

Welp booneman pretty much covered it all. Glycophase and Recompadrol are my 2 favorite GDAs.