Stretching out ArA run?

J

jathan_howe

Awards
So I'm laying in bed thinking about whatever crosses my mind, and I'm about to purchase 3 bottles of X-Gels (trying 1.5g this time around) when I get my paycheck tomorrow. I was thinking, I workout 5 days a week, so if I take ArA only on workout days only (I did this last time with two bottles, all 5 days), the 50 workout days amount to roughly 2.5 months on ArA, plus the two week period it usually takes to leave your system making it closer to three months. One of my five workout days, I do power cleans. If I dropped that day's dose and dosed them 4 days a week, it would stretch my 50 doses out to 3 months, 3.5 months after the two weeks to leave my body.

My question is, would there be more benefit in the "extra" two weeks on than there would be if I just took a dose on my power clean days as well? Two more weeks sounds good on paper and in my head.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I'm laying in bed thinking about whatever crosses my mind, and I'm about to purchase 3 bottles of X-Gels (trying 1.5g this time around) when I get my paycheck tomorrow. I was thinking, I workout 5 days a week, so if I take ArA only on workout days only (I did this last time with two bottles, all 5 days), the 50 workout days amount to roughly 2.5 months on ArA, plus the two week period it usually takes to leave your system making it closer to three months. One of my five workout days, I do power cleans. If I dropped that day's dose and dosed them 4 days a week, it would stretch my 50 doses out to 3 months, 3.5 months after the two weeks to leave my body.

My question is, would there be more benefit in the "extra" two weeks on than there would be if I just took a dose on my power clean days as well? Two more weeks sounds good on paper and in my head.
What's your main goal?

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I take it on workout days that involve only weightlifting. I think it's a good route that you are thinking.

J

jathan_howe

Awards
What's your main goal?
An even split between strength and hypertrophy since they have mutually inclusive benefits. More muscle, stronger lifts. Stronger lifts, heavier overall volume for more muscle. I train heavy 3x3 for my main compound movement (bench, squat, deads) and then higher volume accessory work the rest of the workout

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hard to say which would be more effective. Both are going to end up being great runs though so I say go for your experiment!

C

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't think it will make much of an overall difference how you do it bro

UNCnate

UNCnate

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Probably neither way will show tangible results over the other. If you want to mix it up a bit and push it farther out, I'd definitely take it on days where volume is higher than others.

J

jathan_howe

Awards
Probably neither way will show tangible results over the other. If you want to mix it up a bit and push it farther out, I'd definitely take it on days where volume is higher than others.
3x3 on all my main lifts for pure strength gain, then high volume accessory work after.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think I might try this on my next run as the protocol sounds promising.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established