Bulk

buntznastyfit

Awards
I'm doing powerlifting and I'm starting a bulk to go from 185lbs to 205lbs and wondering what supplements you guys would recommend taking to add muscle mass. Test boosters or anything like that but it has to be legal because I lift in a tested federation. I'm 22 years old 6'1 been lifting for around 5 years now but taking it seriously for about 2. Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
At 22 test boosters aren't going to benefit you at all. You need some more food.

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
Id recommend Powermax XT (covers Creatine, Betaine, and others) and/or Tr1umph (Phosphatadic Acid, ergogenics etc.) or straight soy lecithin granules (phosphatadic acid).

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hate to say it but eat more and throw in a high quality, high calorie protein shake..

2 scoops of a good protein powder, banana, milk source and PB. Creatine as well (already stated)

buntznastyfit

Awards
Only reason I ask is a couple years ago I was going through a depression and was put on antidepressants and it cause my testosterone to drop to borderline low T

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
TR1UMPH by Olympus Labs, X-Gels by SNS, AnaBeta Elite by PES to name a few

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would check with your federation to see what is banned and what is allowed. If it is a natural anabolic, it should be okay to use, but check first. I would just stick with something basic right now. Look into an ergogenic aid such as PowerMax XT. PowerMax XT provides you with a full dose of creatine, which any gym goer or athlete should be using. Creatine will help strength output.

I think you would benefit greatly from the betaine in at as well. It contains 2.5 grams, which is the amount used in most studies. In these studies, betaine was shown to increase the anabolic effect that training has on our body and that lean mass can be increased and possibly reduce fat. Being a powerlifter, you want to get stronger, but at the same time, you want the weight you can train with to correlate well with your body weight. I think betaine will help you with that.

http://www.ergo-log.com/the-anabolic-effect-of-betaine.html

http://www.ergo-log.com/betaine-gives-bodybuilders-more-muscle-and-less-fat.html

Also, being a powerlifter, you want your recovery to be top notch. I train heavy deadlifts two days after heavy squats. Sometimes it can be difficult to do that and I can only imagine how taxing it could be to do all three big lifts in the same session. L-Alanyl-L-Glutamine is dosed at 2.5 grams and will aid in recovery. Alanyl attached to glutamine helps the absorption and bioavailability of the glutamine.

This is a simple product which the ingredients work together to help aid you strength, performance, and recovery.

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
This is a topic that is interesting to me as well and I don't mean to hijack. I was planning my fall and was looking at purchasing to coincide with my goals and nutrition. I also have decided to compete in a USAPL meet in November in Michigan. I have checked the USADA lists on the USAPL website and was hoping for some help double checking some things before purchasing.

Things I already have:
PES High Volume
OL Conquer Unleashed

Considering:
PES ErgoNine, OL Triumph, or PowerMax XT
PES Anabeta Elite
Any other suggestions...

After reading the list I do not see anything that would conflict, but in looking around I've seen places say that glycerol is a no-no... what about the stims for CU?

Thank you in advance, and I appreciate responses.

Matt

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
Only reason I ask is a couple years ago I was going through a depression and was put on antidepressants and it cause my testosterone to drop to borderline low T
The doctors should help you out with your testosterone levels, especially since it was induced from medication. Low Test is more of a health risk then elevated testosterone.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Something to really focus on is your diet. Add good calories and lots of them. If your looking at supps. I would start with PA at your age. Test boosters will do nothing at PA being more of a natural can help. Combined with creatine would be killer.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is a topic that is interesting to me as well and I don't mean to hijack. I was planning my fall and was looking at purchasing to coincide with my goals and nutrition. I also have decided to compete in a USAPL meet in November in Michigan. I have checked the USADA lists on the USAPL website and was hoping for some help double checking some things before purchasing.

Things I already have:
PES High Volume
OL Conquer Unleashed

Considering:
PES ErgoNine, OL Triumph, or PowerMax XT
PES Anabeta Elite
Any other suggestions...

After reading the list I do not see anything that would conflict, but in looking around I've seen places say that glycerol is a no-no... what about the stims for CU?

Thank you in advance, and I appreciate responses.

Matt
If you going to use Conquer and High Volume, PowerMax XT would be great since it comes unflavored. You could easily add it to either one of those. It also comes flavored, and it is very tasty, but I would opt for to unflavored in your case.

buntznastyfit

Awards
Just finished my first bottle of alphamax xt and had some good results I think and I'm wondering if I should do another bottle of that or try Olympus labs or1gn?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just finished my first bottle of alphamax xt and had some good results I think and I'm wondering if I should do another bottle of that or try Olympus labs or1gn?
Def get a second bottle. This isn't just for AlphaMax XT but for most supplements. 8 week cycles tend to give better results. How do you like AlphaMax XT so far? What have you seen from it?

buntznastyfit

Awards
I'm liked it felt like I was getting some good muscle on and getting a little leaner as well!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm liked it felt like I was getting some good muscle on and getting a little leaner as well!
Then no reason to stop the gains! Take another bottle then take 4 weeks off and try something else or take something that compliments AlphaMax XT well. Like anabeta Elite or ArA