Timing SlinMax with AbE

jathan_howe

Awards
So I know AbE has GDA/Nutrient partitioning qualities, especially since they included Cistanche in the formula. I plan on running SlinMax on my next bulk to help shuttle more nutrients to muscle rather than fat. I'm not extremely worried about the berberine in SlinMax cancelling out the forskolin in AbE (mainly running if for the Anacyclus, Cistanche, and Lodhra) but minimizing that effect by offsetting the dose timing would also be nice. Here's my problem: I go eat lunch (pre workout meal) about 10:50 and finish by around 11:30 and I workout around 12:40. My lunch is my most carb heavy meal of the day, at about ~130g of carbs, ~50g protein, and about 8g of fat (from Tr1umph). Should I just dose my SlinMax about 15 minutes or so before my meal, not take my first AbE dose with my preworkout meal, and maybe relocate it to directly pre-workout and then have my second AbE dose with my post-workout meal? Or should I just throw the first AbE dose somewhere in the morning around waking? If it means anything else, I'll also be running this with X-Gels

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you're going to use both F95 and Berberine, you should have about a 4 hour gap between the dosing of the two.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No need to worry about the Berberine and Forskolin issue if using during a bulk. Only going to play a role during a cutting phase

jathan_howe

Awards
No need to worry about the Berberine and Forskolin issue if using during a bulk. Only going to play a role during a cutting phase
Woo! I thought I had heard something like that before. Is muscle catabolism (reported from berberine), overly-exaggerated? I assumed that if it's even an issue, it would only be a minor issue on a cut but wanted to make sure. I'm not worried about catabolism per se, since I'm on a bulk, but could it inhibit growth to a degree?

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Woo! I thought I had heard something like that before. Is muscle catabolism (reported from berberine), overly-exaggerated? I assumed that if it's even an issue, it would only be a minor issue on a cut but wanted to make sure. I'm not worried about catabolism per se, since I'm on a bulk, but could it inhibit growth to a degree?
it could, but it would be marginal and nothing dramatic

jathan_howe

Awards
Lastly, with Na-R-Ala being a potent antioxidant, would it need to be dosed away from X-Gels? I know fish oil is supposed to be dosed away from arachidonic acid due to it's anti-inflammatory properties and was wondering if there would be a concern with Na-R-Ala as well

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its ability to increase AMPK can inhibit muscle hypertrophy to a certain degree, but with heavy resistance training, practically a non-issue. So to answer your question, yes, it is over exaggerated IMO.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lastly, with Na-R-Ala being a potent antioxidant, would it need to be dosed away from X-Gels? I know fish oil is supposed to be dosed away from arachidonic acid due to it's anti-inflammatory properties and was wondering if there would be a concern with Na-R-Ala as well
If you want to maximize ArA effects, yes, dose Na-R-Ala away from ArA.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
yes it should, along with away from a workout ideally. Omega-3 and omega-6 fight for uptake so that's another reason not to take the two together

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you're going to use both F95 and Berberine, you should have about a 4 hour gap between the dosing of the two.
Somebody aware me on why these need to be taken apart. Ive never heard of this

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Somebody aware me on why these need to be taken apart. Ive never heard of this
It's nothing major, but studies show that berberine can temporarily decrease cAMP levels, while forskolin is taken to increase cAMP levels.

So by using Slinmax you're able to control blood sugar and stabilize blood glucose, which is great for higher carb meals. Berberine is a powerful ingredient in making this happen. But since it can decrease cAMP levels, its best to take it away from ABE, or any products containing forskolin, to avoid diminishing the effects of increased cAMP levels, which can help aid in fat oxidation

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's nothing major, but studies show that berberine can temporarily decrease cAMP levels, while forskolin is taken to increase cAMP levels.

So by using Slinmax you're able to control blood sugar and stabilize blood glucose, which is great for higher carb meals. Berberine is a powerful ingredient in making this happen. But since it can decrease cAMP levels, its best to take it away from ABE, or any products containing forskolin, to avoid diminishing the effects of increased cAMP levels, which can help aid in fat oxidation
Preciate the info

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Punkrocker Anabolics 1
drejb Supplements 13
RiverRat75 IGF-1/GH 20
Supplements 10
drejb Anabolics 1