UGH... sleep.. UGH... need sleep

Toff

Awards
  • Established
whats a good, safe, cheap supplement to get me the rest I need?

Im beginning to realise, the lack of sleep is the worst thing for my training, working and eating habits.

I have blacked out the bedroom, but keep waking up in the night. Im a zombie today yet got over 8 hours.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
I like melatonin and valerian root stacked together. I take timed released and regular and valerian all together.

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
5-HTP, ZMA, melatonin, GABA, MK-677 (best sleep I've had in a long time) valerian, kava..... Just to name a few :) I'd start off with ZMA and a glass of milk, that has been boiled then left to cool, before bed. Then start adding in other supps if needed, you don't want to become dependant on anything to get good sleep if you can help it

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards

Im beginning to realise, the lack of sleep is the worst thing for my training, working and eating habits.

I have blacked out the bedroom, but keep waking up in the night. Im a zombie today yet got over 8 hours.
Seriously REM 8.0 by Formutech. I only need one teaspoon to sleep like a rock. I've been on the same tub for 4 months.

Sss23

Awards
  • Established
GABA, ltheanine, l-trytophan, melatonin, magnesium

JSTR808

Banned
Awards
MK677 with melatonin and vitamin D 1 hour before bed.

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn't take GABA or melatonin too often but both would help.
l-theanine 500mg or even up to 1g. Or use with valerian root, both 500mg.
I would recommend GABA and melatonin once a week, different days. When you relly want a good sleep. And other days use more natural stuff like l-theanine/valerian/lemon balm.
I can say from experience that using too much melatonin too often will make it harder to fall asleep naturally.

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For bulks, try L-theanine, 5-HTP, melatonin, or gaba.

If you're looking for an all-inclusive product, look into:

iForce Out Cold
Formutech REM 8.0

TBJ9000

TBJ9000

Awards

Have you tried kratom? Works like a charm. I work crazy hours and go to school. I use it daily. (I use more than some)

TBJ9000

TBJ9000

Awards
Phenibut on the weekend only.

Dude get a nice red strain kratom and you'll be sleeping like a baby

Sss23

Awards
  • Established
Don't use vitamin d, it has an inverse relationship with melatonin

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
melatonin is cheap and good. I like phenibut xt by sns and dream n grow as well.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You got 8 hours and that's not enough?

Try getting up early and working out in the AM instead of the PM (I assume you're working out in the PM). Working out late gives me extra energy and working out early makes me tired in the evenings.

Otherwise, melatonin, fewer evening carbs and caffeine.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Phenibut or kratom?

Uhhhhh, I don't know if it's board rules so PM me. I'll give you an unbiased answer
There is a Kratom sponsor here under Mile High.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would say the few I have liked are
Phenibut Xt by sns
Out cold by IFORCE
Rem 8.0 by formutech
Sleep gh by prime

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
G8 if you can find it, otherwise REM 8.0 works great as well.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have SERIOUS sleep issues. Partially due to being a firefighter. Im Used to sleeping with my ears open. But when Im home, I use either Melatonin or ZZZ quil. Both are dirt cheap and knock me out like no tomorrow. Great sleep. Another thing that seems to help me A LOT, get you some lavender oil. Put a few drops on your pillow, or on your jawline. It relaxes you and helps you snooze

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
Subbed! I've had the same problem for my entire life. The first time I ran Ultimate T, I had AMAZING sleep and felt refreshed. Had no idea what that was like! Unfortunately, the effect is no longer there, even with a long break in between. I've also tried most of the suggestions in here with no effect. The only thing that I've been told that would probably work best is meditation. But I am honestly just so busy, I can't find the time without feeling like I'm pissing time away that I need for something else. MK-677 looks intriguing...

Looking forward to seeing some new suggestions in here hopefully!

JSTR808

Banned
Awards
Mk677 really is the most beneficial for the deep sleep feeling in the AM.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Relora
Glycine
Valerian
5htp
Chamomile
Holy Basil
Magnesium

TBJ9000

TBJ9000

Awards
There is a Kratom sponsor here under Mile High.
I didn't know mile high was here haha. I use them and another sponsor, motarkbest. MHK has superior quality for price and motark has pretty decent kratom for super cheap.

My two go to's.

dbenj7

Awards
I've seen guys recommending REM 8.0 etc, but is it wise to take phenibut daily? Love phenibut but always conscious about getting a tolerance so rarely use it

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Melatonin,5bro, valerian root

But I like the looks of I force out cold...basically anything without gaba for me

Underrated and really cheap is simple chamomile tea

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've seen guys recommending REM 8.0 etc, but is it wise to take phenibut daily? Love phenibut but always conscious about getting a tolerance so rarely use it
Phenibut can cause addiction and/or withrawal when you stop taking. How much/long you can take without adverse effects will depend on the person.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just caught the 8 hour statement in the OP. I would actually see a doctor if you're getting 8 hours and are still tired

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
1. I wouldn't recommend phenibut, done a ton of research and found out it's pretty much like a barbiturate and can cast addiction/withdrawal symptoms with excessive use! That and take to much, people say the come down is worse than a hangover by 10 fold!
2. If you're getting a solid 8 hours and still tired, you should go to the docs, you're probably anaemic or have an underlying issue

ikeNball

ikeNball

Awards
  • Established
Seriously REM 8.0 by Formutech. I only need one teaspoon to sleep like a rock. I've been on the same tub for 4 months.
Best deal on it? Internet yields some interesting results; feel free to PM me

TBJ9000

TBJ9000

Awards
Lol.. Melatonin doesn't do **** for me. Don't know how guys love that stuff

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You might try taking a 20min nap about 8h after waking. Gives extra rest, better than sleeping 9+ hours.
But if sleep quality is the problem then :
there is some evidence that taking TMG in the afternoon (because it's stimulating) improves sleep.
Ashwagandha taken with CBD (not the high kind) before bed.
Magnesium if you might be deficient. Glycinate is one of the best to take before bed because it relaxes too. But other form should be OK too.
Glycine.
You can try if any of these help.

Also:
huperzine-a before bed. 50-100 mcg (micro). Do not use constantly! This can improve time in REM sleep, shorten sleep time.

tstak

Awards
I've tried multiple sleeping supplements but xii-vt by iron legion has given me some of the best sleep i've had in a long time. I take it along with a melatonin blend i found at costco.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Totally serious here, but have you ever had a sleep study done? I recently started back on my CPAP machine, and it is a (no pun intended) night and day difference in my sleep quality. Even 6-7 hours make me feel well rested. You may have sleep apnea and not even realize it.

You don't have to be overweight to have it, but that is a contributing factor.

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd buy some diphenhydramine, sold as a sleep aid product for cheap at the pharmacy. 50-75 mg does the job, sometimes leaves one groggy in the AM so plan for 8 hrs of sleep if possible.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Totally serious here, but have you ever had a sleep study done? I recently started back on my CPAP machine, and it is a (no pun intended) night and day difference in my sleep quality. Even 6-7 hours make me feel well rested. You may have sleep apnea and not even realize it.

You don't have to be overweight to have it, but that is a contributing factor.
Sound advise. Too many people on here jump to supplements to help issues that may have an underlying cause.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
SNS ZMA or SNS Growth Factor XT.

Also evaluate areas of stress in your life, try reading for 20 mins prior to bed, and incorporating meditation into your daily schedule.

Gnarkill

Awards
Kava Kava root I good and helps with anxiety as well it's a natural muscle relaxer not sure on its affect on the liver though but I'd recommend it

Toff

Awards
  • Established
yeah what I mean by 8 hours isnt enough is that it SHOULD be enough but Im still so sleepy - like the quality of sleep is terrible - grumpy all day, tired.

Ill try melotinin then kratom

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah what I mean by 8 hours isnt enough is that it SHOULD be enough but Im still so sleepy - like the quality of sleep is terrible - grumpy all day, tired.

Do you snore?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

See a doctor and/or find a sleep study.

Toff

Awards
  • Established
Going to check my routine before bed, maybe retire earlier and wind down.
Ordered some ZMA which Ive tried previously and it was great

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like melatonin and valerian root stacked together. I take timed released and regular and valerian all together.
Do you use valerian root extract or tea? Tried the tea for the last couple nights and while I slept better, I woke with a splitting headache both times.

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you use valerian root extract or tea? Tried the tea for the last couple nights and while I slept better, I woke with a splitting headache both times.
I've had a skight headache a couple of times taking extract when I took over 600mg

doogans

doogans

Awards
  • Established
Night Rest by Source Naturals. Add in a little 5-Htp and thank me later