300mg epicatechin

coltonwalker

coltonwalker

Awards
Was browsing the ol' amazon and came across element nutraceuticals epicatechin product. 60 capsules 300mg epicatechin per capsules, 200mg green tea, and 100mg capsorb. Anyone ever tried this? Never seen a product with 300mg in 1 cap at 98%

nick76

nick76

Awards
They also offer ARA capsules fairly priced with 350 mg as opposed to the 250 found in x-gels. I wonder how their source is.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would make sure it is a reliable company. I know many people who got crap off of amazon thinking it was a good product.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
They also offer ARA capsules fairly priced with 350 mg as opposed to the 250 found in x-gels. I wonder how their source is.
Its not 350mg Arachidonic acid. It is 350 of powder, of which 5% is Ara. So it's not a good deal at all.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would make sure it is a reliable company. I know many people who got crap off of amazon thinking it was a good product.
This. If it sounds too good to be true or out of the ordinary it's probably not the best quality. I would stick with OL or BLR or Vital Labs if you're looking for an epicatechin product.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
The gods have spoken and SNS will remain king
It's unfortunate that they do not disclose the amount of Arachidonic Acid it is standardised for. We have 625mg of Ara oil per capsule, and so if we just stated that number without the standardization, it would look like an amazing amount per capsule. But ours is at 40% Ara, and we licence the ingredient as well. You can be sure these guys do not.

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Its not 350mg Arachidonic acid. It is 350 of powder, of which 5% is Ara. So it's not a good deal at all.
Not saying that you are wrong, but how do you know it is powder and 5%? There is no information on the label. Reviews seem to be alright

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Was browsing the ol' amazon and came across element nutraceuticals epicatechin product. 60 capsules 300mg epicatechin per capsules, 200mg green tea, and 100mg capsorb. Anyone ever tried this? Never seen a product with 300mg in 1 cap at 98%
nutra innovations- not what you mentioned sells epicatechin at 300 mgs per cap- and NutraChem can vouch for our quality tallguy34 as well

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
It's unfortunate that they do not disclose the amount of Arachidonic Acid it is standardised for. We have 625mg of Ara oil per capsule, and so if we just stated that number without the standardization, it would look like an amazing amount per capsule. But ours is at 40% Ara, and we licence the ingredient as well. You can be sure these guys do not.
bam

sorry felt the need for that lol

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Not saying that you are wrong, but how do you know it is powder and 5%? There is no information on the label. Reviews seem to be alright
Because I'm a genius.

Plus the "other" ingredients tells me the same. Could be wrong, butbif its not a soft gel, it wont be an oil. And powder is generally 5%

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
There are reviews for a lot of things that legimately do nothing. Obviously this will do something, but reviews are highly susceptible to placebo.

By all means go ahead and buy, but just dont think it is 350mg of Ara per cap. Even more skeptical is non disclosure

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
With Serious Nutrition Solutions products, you know how many mgs of a specific ingredient you are getting. No prop blends and the popularity and support of many members hear speaks volumes to the quality of the products.

With that said, look into CEL (sister company to SNS) epi-plex. No prop blend for epi so you know how much epicatechin you are getting.

coltonwalker

coltonwalker

Awards
Hmm.. although I agree with you all, I ordered before I made this thread lol so I will let you guys know.

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There are reviews for a lot of things that legimately do nothing. Obviously this will do something, but reviews are highly susceptible to placebo.

By all means go ahead and buy, but just dont think it is 350mg of Ara per cap. Even more skeptical is non disclosure
I won't buy it as there is no disclosure, was just wondering how you could know the numbers. I can't even find whether it is a softgel or not and for instance, there was a reputable UK supplier in the past that offered a 10% powder and not 5%.

You call it genius, I call it pure speculation if you have not actually seen or tested the product. It could be worse or better, no way to actually know.

And about the reviews I agree, especially since I joined this message board.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I won't buy it as there is no disclosure, was just wondering how you could know the numbers. I can't even find whether it is a softgel or not and for instance, there was a reputable UK supplier in the past that offered a 10% powder and not 5%.

You call it genius, I call it pure speculation if you have not actually seen or tested the product. It could be worse or better, no way to actually know.

And about the reviews I agree, especially since I joined this message board.
Even at 10% of 350mg, you're looking at 35mg of Ara per cap. Considering results are best seen at near a gram, it's a long way to go to get there.

It seems to fit the paradigm for capsule/ powder and not for an oil, given the extras. When the person who bought it receives it, I'm sure they can let us know

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Even at 10% of 350mg, you're looking at 35mg of Ara per cap. Considering results are best seen at near a gram, it's a long way to go to get there.

It seems to fit the paradigm for capsule/ powder and not for an oil, given the extras. When the person who bought it receives it, I'm sure they can let us know
I agree with all of this and I would never buy it, but as there is no way to know it is still difficult to judge. In theory, there could be about 1,7g per cap standardized at 20% leading to 350mg ArA, but could also be 350 of non standardized powder.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do not buy this!

jathan_howe

Awards
Early next year, I plan on running Magnitropin with MyoE so if all goes as planned and I run it, it'll be 300mg of epi with a bunch of other goodies.

Polly1

Awards

There is a guy with videos on youtube that sells some products including ARA,is that one crap too?

jathan_howe

Awards
There is a guy with videos on youtube that sells some products including ARA,is that one crap too?
If it's not SNS X-Gels or Molecular Nutrition X-Factor, then most likely

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I contacted them a while back, and they confirmed that it was either 5 or 10% ara. Their rationale for doing this is that if you pay attention to the oil based products "there is no way that you are getting 250mg per cap." I was then warned not to dose enough to get 250 mg of the powder (7-8 caps).

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I contacted them a while back, and they confirmed that it was either 5 or 10% ara. Their rationale for doing this is that if you pay attention to the oil based products "there is no way that you are getting 250mg per cap." I was then warned not to dose enough to get 250 mg of the powder (7-8 caps).
They confirmed it was either 5% or 10%? So, they confirmed nothing?

Sketchy, still. Lol

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
"no way" except for the fact that MN and SNS use the same source for the ArA aka the patent holder.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
We have 250mg per cap. That I promise you. We source it from the patent holder.

jathan_howe

Awards
Back to the title question, if any of you have taken 300mg of epicatechin before, what did you get from it. I've never taken it all but when I run MyoE and Mag, I'll have 300mg at once and I may even toss in ABE to bump up the Cistanche dose in combination with the Mag

doogans

doogans

Awards
  • Established
Back to the title question, if any of you have taken 300mg of epicatechin before, what did you get from it. I've never taken it all but when I run MyoE and Mag, I'll have 300mg at once and I may even toss in ABE to bump up the Cistanche dose in combination with the Mag
I believe the original olympus labs Ep1c was dosed at 300mg epicatechin per capsule. Of course it had no absorption enhancers because it was a first generation product. None the less, I've ran a few bottles of the OG version when it first came out and enjoyed it. Noticed endurance benefits and energy when taken before a workout.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
No endurance or anything? I was never onboard with myostatin inhibition from an OTC supp, but it seemed to have other nice benefits
Nope. I do 45 min of MISS cardio every other day - going on 2.5 years now... what's a bottle of -(-)epi going to do? :D It's healthy, but I'd consider it like eating Broccoli or something - not acute/ergogenic (unless your endurance sucks normally I guess).

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
and why 300mgs, its a dose that wasn't even studied.

Todd Garner

Todd Garner

Awards
  • Established
The more I read the harder its getting to drop money on epi,

Bartmac36

Bartmac36

Awards
  • Established
The more I read the harder its getting to drop money on epi,
Ive run it twice, two different reliable companies and have not noticed much of anything. I suppose it gave me a bit of a bump in terms of endurance but ive been focusing on purely strength lifting for nearly 2 years now so it doesnt do me much good in that regard

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
The original "I'm going to look like a Belgian Blue Bull (Not)" study that started it all:

https://examine.com/nutrition/does-dark-chocolates-epicatechin-content-promote-muscle-growth/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24314870/

And a later one showing that 200mg was better than 100 and 50 as far as BPL's go - the dose/response curve could lead one to believe that "more is better", but yup...couldn't find anything higher than 200mg. IMO, this thing didn't pan out for anything other than general health, as Sarcopenia is big business.

Attachments

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The original "I'm going to look like a Belgian Blue Bull (Not)" study that started it all:

https://examine.com/nutrition/does-dark-chocolates-epicatechin-content-promote-muscle-growth/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24314870/

And a later one showing that 200mg was better than 100 and 50 as far as BPL's go - the dose/response curve could lead one to believe that "more is better", but yup...couldn't find anything higher than 200mg. IMO, this thing didn't pan out for anything other than general health, as Sarcopenia is big business.
that is acute dosing to test concentration, did they study 200mgs over time? if I remember, could be wrong, the study lasted 7-14 days? I guess I should click and read..

dynamo

Banned
Awards
that is acute dosing to test concentration, did they study 200mgs over time? if I remember, could be wrong, the study lasted 7-14 days? I guess I should click and read..
5 days iirc. 50 mg twice a day and 50 mg once a day.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
No idea. I took a few months worth of 150mg, then 150mg x 2 and didn't see Jack. After that, quit looking into it. The people that sell it though, would post any new research - and the last one was that chart.... then crickets. See what you can find, it's not on my "re-purchase list" :D

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
. Human subjects were treated for 7 days with 25 mg of pure Epi (Sigma-Aldrich) provided in capsules BID (~1 mg/kg/day). Muscle strength was assessed by hand grip dynamometry (thrice with each hand, alternating hands between trials and resting for 10 seconds in order to prevent fatigue). Maximum strength attained was used for analysis. Blood (plasma) samples were collected before and after treatment and immediately frozen. Studies in human subjects were approved by the Instituto Politecnico Nacional IRB board and conform to all international regulations.

dynamo

Banned
Awards
. Human subjects were treated for 7 days with 25 mg of pure Epi (Sigma-Aldrich) provided in capsules BID (~1 mg/kg/day). Muscle strength was assessed by hand grip dynamometry (thrice with each hand, alternating hands between trials and resting for 10 seconds in order to prevent fatigue). Maximum strength attained was used for analysis. Blood (plasma) samples were collected before and after treatment and immediately frozen. Studies in human subjects were approved by the Instituto Politecnico Nacional IRB board and conform to all international regulations.
Ah, I remembered it wrong then as 50 mg per dose once a day vs twice a day.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
5 days iirc. 50 mg twice a day and 50 mg once a day.
I also need to look back, these compounds may have the ability to shift muscle fiber type from fast to slow twitch, hence the endurance and grip strength increasing....

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ah, I remembered it wrong then as 50 mg per dose once a day vs twice a day.
I think that guy that pushes boron to everyone convinced the supplement world that more is needed..

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
coltonwalker

coltonwalker

Awards
Well I personally have had good results with epicat products. Both times at 200. 90% was all strength but I'll take it. So figured I'd try it for 300. During a PCT. That can't hurt