Amino IV Replacement?

KtchnChmst

Awards
  • Established
I've used Amino IV for the past 2yrs as part of my intra drink along with 2scoops of Modern BCAAs. Now I see the formula has changed!
I already own a 3-4month supply of Modern BCAAs.....Any suggestions on a good replacement for the original version of Amino IV to add to the intra drink? I thought about just grabbing a reuptable EAA powder but finding a cost effective one that actually tastes decent isnt an easy task!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Endur3 by OL has been my replacement for Amino IV since they've changed the formula. Good BCAA, decent flavor (nothing amazing but pretty good and I don't think about it much), lots of extras in the formula.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Endure or endure+ if you want the carbs. Nothing will beat it.

EAA/BCAA, Epicatichen, Agmantine, Hydromax, and more. Pina Colada is nice on a hellaciously hot summer day

sareea

Awards
I just came by a company with HICA in their vegan fermented bcaas, Impulse nutrition rehab BCAAs

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Some of my favorites in no order:

Intrabolic
Xtend Perform
Purple Wraath
Core BCAA
ErgoChain
Iso Aminos

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Some of my favorites in no order:

Intrabolic
Xtend Perform
Purple Wraath
Core BCAA
ErgoChain
Iso Aminos
Great list here. Xtend Perform has got nothing but great things being said about it on these boards. We also have 10 logs on the product for feedback within 7 days on endurance, recovery and performance.

I would also throw x2 Purple Wraath and Intrabolic which you can find for almost 15$ if you do some searching.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How would anyone know it has a good ratio when it's a proprietary blend?
HumaPro® is formulated with all of the essential amino acids in the exact ratio and sequenced delivery for what the human body requires to fully utilize them

NewAgeMayan

Awards

EAA/BCAA, Epicatichen, Agmantine, Hydromax, and more. Pina Colada is nice on a hellaciously hot summer day
Aye, best ingredient list:

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
HumaPro® is formulated with all of the essential amino acids in the exact ratio and sequenced delivery for what the human body requires to fully utilize them
How would anybody know it has all of the essential amino acids in the exact ratio the human body requires when they're in a proprietary blend?

Also, sequenced delivery you say? That's a new one on the list of Humapro claims, given that the blend is labeled as 'Immediate Release'.

I mean, I guess "all at once" is technically sequenced, but I guess that means almost every product on the market that doesn't have a delivery ingredient that delays absorption "sequenced delivery"!

--

OP, Just go with OL Endur3 or Xtend.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How would anybody know it has all of the essential amino acids in the exact ratio the human body requires when they're in a proprietary blend?

Also, sequenced delivery you say? That's a new one on the list of Humapro claims, given that the blend is labeled as 'Immediate Release'.

I mean, I guess "all at once" is technically sequenced, but I guess that means almost every product on the market that doesn't have a delivery ingredient that delays absorption "sequenced delivery"!

--

OP, Just go with OL Endur3 or Xtend.
why do anyone have prop blends? you try and stretch a lot of nonsense, but this one might be the best yet

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
why do anyone have prop blends? you try and stretch a lot of nonsense, but this one might be the best yet
ALRI are the ones that market humapro as literally wholly equivalent to 25g of protein from real food.

ALRI are the ones that market some nonsense about 'sequenced' delivery, even though I'd happily wager thousands of dollars that no such proprietary sequenced delivery technology of any merit exists in the product.

ALRI are the ones that continuously refer to "amino sequence" in their free form amino acid product write-up. Again, a fictitious creation of the marketing team.

I mean, look at this ****:

"How? Say you are currently having 4 scoops of a whey protein supplement per day and each scoop has 25g of whey protein in it. That would be 100g of whey protein or 400-600 calories (depending on brand, flavor, etc.). To match this you would need just 4 scoops of HumaPro® (the equivalent of 100g whole protein). At just 0.02 calories per serving, the 4 scoops of HumaPro® would yield less than ONE calorie.

That is a difference of up to approximately 599 calories. Putting yourself in a 599 calorie deficit, all the while getting all the valuable muscle building nutrition you need that sets you up for losing body fat!"
Yep, lemme just take 20g of free form EAAs and sub out 100g of protein from my diet and see how that goes.

--

Sorry not sorry for being anti-bull**** and pro-science.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ALRI are the ones that market humapro as literally wholly equivalent to 25g of protein from real food.

ALRI are the ones that market some nonsense about 'sequenced' delivery, even though I'd happily wager thousands of dollars that no such proprietary sequenced delivery technology of any merit exists in the product.

ALRI are the ones that continuously refer to "amino sequence" in their free form amino acid product write-up. Again, a fictitious creation of the marketing team.

I mean, look at this ****:

Yep, lemme just take 20g of free form EAAs and sub out 100g of protein from my diet and see how that goes.

--

Sorry not sorry for being anti-bull**** and pro-science.
They actually had ppl do this in logs recently....ppl have been replacing their protein with humapro for years....but that's none of my business

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They actually had ppl do this in logs recently....ppl have been replacing their protein with humapro for years....but that's none of my business
So tell me. What is an 'amino sequence' as it regards to free form amino acids?

What is this proprietary 'sequenced delivery' they market?

Any company that quite literally makes up entirely fictitious concepts in their write-ups is not worth a single consumers money.

Humapro has been a joke for years too...but that's none of my business.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So tell me. What is an 'amino sequence' as it regards to free form amino acids?

What is this proprietary 'sequenced delivery' they market?

Any company that quite literally makes up entirely fictitious concepts in their write-ups is not worth a single consumers money.
I don't know...let an alri rep tell you....but literally every company does it

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't know...let an alri rep tell you....but literally every company does it
Spoiler: No ALRI rep can tell you or me because sequenced free form amino acids aren't a thing.

If you'd like to point out something that is literally completely fictitiously made up in an SNS write-up, I'll be happy to make sure it goes away and is replaced with something that actually exists.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Spoiler: No ALRI rep can tell you or me because sequenced free form amino acids aren't a thing.

If you'd like to point out something that is literally completely fictitiously made up in an SNS write-up, I'll be happy to make sure it goes away and is replaced with something that actually exists.
Check out your new bottle of agmatine....pumps around the clock? I like agamayine as much as the next guy but never have experienced 24 hour pumps

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Aye, best ingredient list:

X3 here for Endur3 or Endur3+:). Dragonfruit tastes okay, kinda generic. The Pina Colada however is amazing. Absolutely nailed it and the profile of added ergogens alongside the BCAA/EAA's is outstanding.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Check out your new bottle of agmatine....pumps around the clock? I like agamayine as much as the next guy but never have experienced 24 hour pumps
If you go with morning dosing and preworkout dosing option per the instructions, you could indeed expect some amount of NO boost all throughout the day.

Because that's something agmatine actually does.

Maybe we should step up the marketing though and talk about how our free form agmatine has special sequencing that doesn't exist, and uh, does things that don't exist because we really want it to.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you go with morning dosing and preworkout dosing option per the instructions, you could indeed expect some amount of NO boost all throughout the day.

Because that's something agmatine actually does.

Maybe we should step up the marketing though and talk about how our free form agmatine has special sequencing that doesn't exist, and uh, does things that don't exist because we really want it to.
Agmatine in the morning and pre workout gives 24 hour 2pumps....ok that's new to me

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Another vote for Endur3 here.

Arguably biased, but still. The profile speaks for itself. I'm honestly not the biggest fan of the Dragon Fruit flavor, but I did down 3 tubs of it in a row so maybe my palate is just tired of it. Pina Coloda gets my vote for flavoring.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well we both learned something new today
Except one of these things is actually at least somewhat based in reality, Agmatine is a relatively high half-life NO booster.

The other is literally an oxymoronic impossibility. Because free form amino acids are by definition not arranged in any sort of sequence.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Except one of these things is actually at least somewhat based in reality, Agmatine is a relatively high half-life NO booster.

The other is literally an oxymoronic impossibility. Because free form amino acids are by definition not arranged in any sort of sequence.
One is relatively true when put against whey protein like in the description....the other gives a pump for maybe an hour

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
One is relatively true when put against whey protein like in the description....the other gives a pump for maybe an hour
Except, amino acids in whey are actually sequenced by definition, and amino acids as free form amino acids are by definition not sequenced.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We both can quabble about a write up....but it goes back to all companies over market their stuff......I still would recommend humapro added to an intraworkout regime, years of reviews across multiple platforms and personal use shows its a good supplement regardless of anyone nit picking a write up

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
OP, XTEND is a good replacement. Why not stick with Amino IV?

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
OP doesn't like the formula change...

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Votes for:

Endur3
Purple Wraath
Xtend Perform

All three good profiles depending on what you want and PW was tasty. Haven't personally tried the other 2

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
OP doesn't like the formula change...
Didn't see him say anything besides the formula changed. It's still a good formula, and more than covers for a general EAA product

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Didn't see him say anything besides the formula changed. It's still a good formula, and more than covers for a general EAA product
He said the formula changed, that would mean he doesn't like the change if he WANTS a replacement. I wholly agree that if he liked it, try a tub of the new formula and see how it treats him

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Votes for:

Endur3
Purple Wraath
Xtend Perform

All three good profiles depending on what you want and PW was tasty. Haven't personally tried the other 2
Hey bud
Do you live in the US?
Never tried perform? Shoot me a PM with all your mailing info and I will get you taken care of if you want to share your thoughts on anabolic minds
1Fast400 and I are always looking for honest and detailed feedback

slggtstrength

slggtstrength

Awards
Votes for:

Endur3
Purple Wraath
Xtend Perform

I second this. But I haven't tried the new Xtend either. Looks good though, and I've always enjoyed the brand.

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
Add BCAAs to Ergonine or if you are looking for HICA and Sustamine you can get Labrada's HICA chews and Metabolic Nutritions T.A.G. which I think is the same as Sustamine someone correct me if I'm wrong. I don't think that the OP is just looking for a straight BCAA/EAA supplement since they are disappointed with the formula change to Amino IV which is the exclusion of everything except the amino acids.

eddiesr123

eddiesr123

Awards
PES cutting the formula in half and charging the same price was insane smh they have to have lost soooo many customers. Amino IV was my fav bcaa/eaa supp and there is no way I'd buy the current formula gonna look into the ones mentioned on this thread the OL Endur looks awsome

Fat2Strong

Awards
Amino Beyond, hands down! Best intra workout drink I have ever used and I am a supplement whore.