Hey guys I'm new to the work out game

drakeb

Awards
Just wandering what is a great mass gain stack for amazing results but won't break my bank?

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
If you are new, and simply want to bulk, eat lots of food. Here is a link to a homemade shake with 1000 calories. Trust me, you drink 2 to 3 of those a day, and you will be blow up. Just be careful, going to far above above maintenance can actually turn you into a bloob. Check your macros, figure out your maintenance, and test it at 500 calories above maintenance. If you don't put on fat, bump it a little higher. Also, if you are trying to build a foundation, 5x5 workout is a great start.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/bulking/282909-850-calorie-homemade.html

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hey man,
Being new to the game is all about your nutrition and training. You can stack X, Y, and Z products but that will not do anything if the biggest variables are not in check. Supplements are simply that, they supplement your diet and training. Before you look into the essentials you should first focus on a good routine and getting your caloric intake figured out.

Eat in a caloric surplus, meaning eating more kcals than you need to maintain in order to gain muscle, size, and strength.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/general-philosophies-of-muscle-mass-gain.html
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/macronutrient-intake-for-mass-gains-qa.html
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/training-frequency-for-mass-gains.html
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/cardio-and-mass-gains.html

Philosophies, Macro intake, training , and cardio articles for you to understand and help set up what you need to do before moving forward towards more supplements or advanced workout routines.

Then you could look into the basics:
Mutli vitamin (Orange Triad)
Fishoil (oximega)
3-5g of creatine for 30 days then on workout days
Whey Protein --> To help meet protein needs (pes, cellucor, man sports, purus labs, animal whey, finaflex)

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you are new to the workout game, then do the following:

1) Research about diet, find out how many calories you need to fulfill your goal (cutting, bulking, whatever), then eat said food.
2) Pick a training program that is popular and used by many, and believe in it and work hard. Don't program hop. If one program is doing well for you, stay on it until progress halts.
3) Don't waste your money on half the supplements people will suggest to you, because you aren't experienced enough to know whether they are working for you or not.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
I don't want to push products on you right away because you're new to the game. But what you do need is a good multi, fish oil, whey protein (APS Isomorph or Iforce Protean are great choices) and maybe a plain monohydrate creatine (you can get this for super cheap)

Before jumping into the supplement pool which is VAST, first trying to get a base down with eating, and hitting the gym, once you plateau then I would check out things like pre workouts, intra work supplements, test boosters, etc.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Just wandering what is a great mass gain stack for amazing results but won't break my bank?
Food, a good training plan that has progressions but suited for your level of experience and sleep. A lot of people recommend fish oils as a staple, but honestly IMO it's not worth it. A lot of fish oil is already oxidised, and therefore useless, by the time it hits the shelves.

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Eat protein. Get enough sleep. Stick to heavy compound exercises. Do squats and dedz. Work hard. Strict form but push the weights. You will get massive.

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
Eat protein. Get enough sleep. Stick to heavy compound exercises. Do squats and dedz. Work hard. Strict form but push the weights. You will get massive.
This pretty much covers it. Eat food, sleep well, lift heavy and consistently. You will make some gains.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Eat, eat and eat some more. A mass gainer can help when you're training to take in more calories. I like an ABE and a mass gainer stack.

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Hey bruh should prolly get your program and everything else in check before spending that $$$ on supps they don't do all the work lol keep getting it brother

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
SEAL: Sleep, Eat, and Lift. If you eat right, you almost don't need anything. Protein Powder can be more economical than Beef/Chicken/Eggs *depending on how much protein you need*. Nobody eats enough fish though - probably, so I'd say Fish Oil. After that, Creatine. 'Bout it, to start.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote