joint pain- mostly wrist and shoulders

Zariph

Awards
hello

would love some help here!

my joints hurt especially my wrists and shoulders...will any joint supp help with this? if so which would you recommend?
Also i dont use wristwraps and never ever used things to support joints..should I invest in some? also any brand you could recommend?

Currently Im uaing fish oil, which I know should help with the joint problem

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
It could be a good idea to. Personally I've never found fish oil much use for achey joints, and now there are a few joint supplements that really help get rid of pain and decrease underlying inflammation.

Joint Support XT is one with human backed ingredients that work to control inflammation and pain. It's also quite a cost effective option.

Flexitril is another with good board feedback. Slightly more expensive as you use at a loading dose first, but then you drop down, so any subsequent bottles last a few weeks.

I've never tried Joint Support XT at a higher dose than we recommend, and pain is generally gone within 10 days.

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
1. Stop doing barbell work for a while.
2. Grab yourself some Joint Support XT and some cissus powder.

Zariph

Awards
thx for reply, so are barbell harder on joints than dumbell? i mean isnt it even worse for your joints with dumbells, since you have to stabilize them a lot more than a barbell

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
thx for reply, so are barbell harder on joints than dumbell? i mean isnt it even worse for your joints with dumbells, since you have to stabilize them a lot more than a barbell
No, this is a common misconception. Dumbbells allow your joints to move as they should, barbell movements lock your joints into position because both hands are on an object that doesn't flex or move with your joints.
This is why so many people have shoulder issues and wrist issues...barbell bench press

Zariph

Awards
No, this is a common misconception. Dumbbells allow your joints to move as they should, barbell movements lock your joints into position because both hands are on an object that doesn't flex or move with your joints.
This is why so many people have shoulder issues and wrist issues...barbell bench press
man thats probably why...im benching twice a week both barbell, switchibg between incline and flat...also doing barbell ohp

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
man thats probably why...im benching twice a week both barbell, switchibg between incline and flat...also doing barbell ohp
That will definitely be the reason brother. Switch to light weight Dumbbells until the pain gets better man

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
BPS Androcrine, has made my bad joints feel amazing!

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
thx a lot!

would you recommend any wristwraps maybe?
Yes I would but not while you are already hurting. Save their use for heavy lifts. You want your wrists to be strong and if you use wraps all the time they won't develop like you need

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
BPS Androcrine, has made my bad joints feel amazing!
Not to hijack the thread (but to hijack the thread), how long have you ran Androcrine and what's your overall impression of it...

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It could be a good idea to. Personally I've never found fish oil much use for achey joints, and now there are a few joint supplements that really help get rid of pain and decrease underlying inflammation.

Joint Support XT is one with human backed ingredients that work to control inflammation and pain. It's also quite a cost effective option.

Flexitril is another with good board feedback. Slightly more expensive as you use at a loading dose first, but then you drop down, so any subsequent bottles last a few weeks.

I've never tried Joint Support XT at a higher dose than we recommend, and pain is generally gone within 10 days.
Echo both of these
Personally I limit barbell use and then throw it back in as I change mesocycle during training

Far less pain with DB's and far less injuries. I see a lot of people bench with their wrists cocked back which gives a lot of pain over time to the wrist due to extra pressure. Think about that. If you **** your wrist back it is only applying more pressure to your wrists which can cause long term damage. The wear and tear will build up very fast if you are not careful.

Form could be a huge issue which needs addressed first before using something like a supplement
Once you fix your form and training great ideas are

Flexatril
Usp labs super cissus
Bull cissus
Bulk elastamine

Hell even orange triad has joint protection but not a significant amount
Get some film of your lifts with how you set up and execute the movement
Same with squatting and knee pain people buckle their knees and overtime it provides a lot of wear and tear

slggtstrength

slggtstrength

Awards
As many have said... Joint Support XT and some Cissus XT.

I've never felt better in my joints than with my current staple stack, which is Joint Support XT and Cissus XT by SNS and then Orange Triad + Greens and Oximega Orange fish oil both by Controlled Labs.

Personally, unless you're powerlifting and barbell work has to be included, switch to dumbbells. At least for awhile. Definitely a good thing to switch things in and out. However, I am a proponent of using wrist wraps and knee/elbow sleeves just for light support and warmth in the joints - I stand by Iron Rebel Power Gear; awesome stuff. Just do not use them as a band-aid. You have a problem and it needs to be addressed. Be sure you always do mobility work as well. I suffered a torn labrum in my left shoulder a few years ago, and tried to get by with minimum mobility work but as I switched to low bar squats, it caused major shoulder pain which I ignored then it led to crippling elbow tendonitis. So definitely do mobility & prehab work. I know it's boring but it keeps the gains coming longer.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Antaeus Achilles, joint support xt, and flexatril are all top notch. I have used all 3 and would give the edge to Achilles but not by much. Achilles fixed shoulder pain I had for over a year and it never came back.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
^^^This. Achilles is my go to joint supp. I also will use orange triad since it's a multi with joint support in it. I wouldn't expect a joint supp to cure your probably but it will definitely help and prevent the problem from reoccurring.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
I am a big fan of two different joint products

Iforces Joint Help has REALLY helped me out

Formutech Flexible is my favorite at the moment, I just feel great on it!!!

Both of those are two top notch options that I would look into .

"The key in Joint Help is the ingredient, ParActin. This astounding natural compound supports the activation of PPAR gamma (Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptor gamma or PPARγ). By supplementing the body’s ability to naturally activate PPAR gamma, ParActin® helps promote a healthy inflammation to exercise response while supporting normal cellular structure and activity in the joints, bones, and throughout the body."

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
OP, once I get above a certain poundage on BB Bench, I need wrist wraps. It's not chronic joint pain at all, as the wrists are fine until really heavy weights. I'm no Physio, but I don't think the wrists are meant to do some of the stuff we ask of them when going really heavy. I'd echo above: let them heal up, then use wraps for anything in the 1-3 rep range. I got a pair off Amazon for like $10. Black and Yellow stretchy fabric with thumb loop and velcro.

JP10

JP10

Awards
I started to have wrist pain when benching/pressing heavy weight, as well as BB curls and straight bar press downs. I used wrist wraps for a few months and they got rid of the pain, and now I don't use them at all and I have no pain what so ever. So for me I think they helped a lot(almost like a rehab), and for the some saying that if you use them to much they will weaken the wrist, I do not feel that that is true. I think if they are used for an extensive amount of time(years) it will eventually weaken the area, but for a short period of time it will be fine. Also fish oil, fish oil, and fish oil. Just my opinion.

Zariph

Awards
guys thank you so much for all your inputs! really happy that you wanna help! think i wil do somre more dumbells for a while, and grab me a pair of wristwraps

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
find a joint support with MSM. I'd suggest over 1g/day.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not to hijack the thread (but to hijack the thread), how long have you ran Androcrine and what's your overall impression of it...
Not to answer for BEAST73 but its truly amazing. You knownthe saying you never realize what you had until its gone? Well, Ive been without it for a couple of weeks, and I know and feel it. While I was doing my log, there was an immediate boost in energy, and ALL of my joints found relief, including my torn rotator cuff. That relief allowed me more movement, and allowed me to push higher weights. Now that Im without, Im starting to feel it again, so, I will be stocking up!

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hello

would love some help here!

my joints hurt especially my wrists and shoulders...will any joint supp help with this? if so which would you recommend?
Also i dont use wristwraps and never ever used things to support joints..should I invest in some? also any brand you could recommend?

Currently Im uaing fish oil, which I know should help with the joint problem
BPS Androcrine buddy! Im 38 with a torn rotator cuff and it eased that and so many more joint issues. And if you look under the company promotions thread, there is an opportunity to log it right now. Put your name in the hat!

Zariph

Awards
BPS Androcrine buddy! Im 38 with a torn rotator cuff and it eased that and so many more joint issues. And if you look under the company promotions thread, there is an opportunity to log it right now. Put your name in the hat!
thx man! tried other laxo products, which really didnt do anything for me..maybe i should give andocrine a try!, im from eu so dont think that i can be a logger tho

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Flexatril is incredible! Expensive but so effective. Can't wait until they come out with the powder version

Got a few bottles of joint support xt that I haven't tried but looks good on paper

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Flexatril is incredible! Expensive but so effective. Can't wait until they come out with the powder version

Got a few bottles of joint support xt that I haven't tried but looks good on paper
Should be about 8 weeks
20% off Flexatril at Nutraplanet with code Flexatril20

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed.. that is what I had to do for my wrist. Def look into wraps also. And another solid option would be joint help with the inclusion of paractin for immediate pain relief and cissus for long term relief. Tons and tons of solid reviews all over.

Mike