What is the most comprehensive joints supplement ?

hamdysayed

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
title say it yall, it's for knee arthritis so whatever you guys can think that might help and preferably something include joint lubrication ingredients?

thank u

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Cissus XT and Joint Support XT.

Others also like Flexatril by Scivation.

I've used both, and each are very good.

hamdysayed

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

yeah thats what i was thinking about is joint xt and cissus xt, but wanted to know if thereis better or more preferable options out there for knee arthritis !

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So, I haven't seen these ingredients in ANY product but I've been researching and they kept coming up for arthritis so I just started my dad on some:

Niacinamide
Acetl-L-Carnitine
N-Acetyl Cysteine
Agmatine

I'm curious to see if it does anything for his arthritic knee pain. He ha tried everything ...it may be a waste but it looks like it is worth trying and is good for your overall health if it doesn't.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So, I haven't seen these ingredients in ANY product but I've been researching and they kept coming up for arthritis so I just started my dad on some:

Niacinamide
Acetl-L-Carnitine
N-Acetyl Cysteine
Agmatine

I'm curious to see if it does anything for his arthritic knee pain. He ha tried everything ...it may be a waste but it looks like it is worth trying and is good for your overall health if it doesn't.
Agmatine has some potential for nerve pain, and I find it may help my lower back pain at times, but that's not arthritis.

I haven't heard anything about ALCAR for arthritis, as it is typically used as a nootropic and/or to reduce mental fatigue.

NAC is generally healthy and has nice benefits, but I haven't heard anything saying it's good for arthritis.

Here's some good ingredients:
-Boswellia (standardized for AKBA)
-Microlactin
-Bromelain
-Spirulina (mostly animal studies, but promising)
-Cissus
-Andrographis
-Nigella Sativa
-Terminalia Chebula (only seen it in Flexatril)

hamdysayed

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Agmatine has some potential for nerve pain, and I find it may help my lower back pain at times, but that's not arthritis.

I haven't heard anything about ALCAR for arthritis, as it is typically used as a nootropic and/or to reduce mental fatigue.

NAC is generally healthy and has nice benefits, but I haven't heard anything saying it's good for arthritis.

Here's some good ingredients:
-Boswellia (standardized for AKBA)
-Microlactin
-Bromelain
-Spirulina (mostly animal studies, but promising)
-Cissus
-Andrographis
-Nigella Sativa
-Terminalia Chebula (only seen it in Flexatril)
what you think about sns joint support xt +cissus xt or anything you can add to it or replace it with ?
it is for my mother I don't think she can do bulk ingredint.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
what you think about sns joint support xt +cissus xt or anything you can add to it or replace it with ?
it is for my mother I don't think she can do bulk ingredint.
It's a quality product, with Boswellia, Andrographis, NEM, and glucosamine (which goes well with Boswellia).

That's a good start for sure, and you could always add some of the following:

-Additional Boswellia (Joint Support has 30mg AKBA, 75mg is the high-end dose)
-Bromelain
-Nigella Sativa

PM me for more info if you want.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I like joint xt + cissus. It should be a great combo. Fish oil too.

I was trying to think if things that I've never seen mentioned that I thought would help.

Niacinamide would be a good addition to those formulas in doses of 1.5-3 grams/day.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Also, Joint Force by Epharm is the one product for acute pain that works with almost everyone. It is like a miracle in my dad's words.

hamdysayed

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
agree on joint force.
thanks yall.
anymore suggestions are welcomed

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Appreciate the kind words man.
Flexatril gets a ton of support on these boards. We have had some stellar feedback on the product:

Some previous logs:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/280306-scivation-flexatril-jdybya.html
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/280398-bwdill-restoring-his.html

and some good feedback:

Flexatril has my joints singing, RC is holding out longer and longer on chest day (I had a serious forward pull from years of bad benching) and I can actually keep them locked to the bench while I finally get chest pumps.

Hips, knees, and ankle are staying strong AND mobility is great with Flexatril, even hitting 300+ on squat feels like nothing. You could argue it's good form but even with perfect form your knees and hips will take a hit training that heavy, this product keeps all the hinges and sockets swimming along beautifully.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/280817-saved-scivation-2.html#post5362352

Scivation Flexatril has had a direct and positive impact on my quality of life. For many years, joint pain and limited mobility in my fingers, elbows and shoulders, has slowed down and limited my workouts and training. Since using Flexatril, I have been able to train more frequently and intensely with much less, and in some instances zero, joint pain or discomfort!

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/280306-scivation-flexatril-jdybya-2.html#post5359905

My shoulder, elbow, and finger injuries and mobility issues, which have been on and off for years, were worse than usual towards the end of my training cycle. Some bordered on severe after the trip. Based on previous past experiences, without Flexatril, it would have taken me at least six months of greatly reduced training volume and intensity to recover to the point where I am now - only 20 days later! And importantly, my training picked right back up where it left off, so I didn't need to stress about losing strength or skills from what is usually a long post-climbing-trip-layoff. Instead, I've been able to focus on improvement, and am planning my next trip for the fall!

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/280306-scivation-flexatril-jdybya-2.html#post5367878

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/279797-time-buy-another-4.html#post5375879

Joint XT is great, but Flexatril is the only product that has left my forearm totally pain free (bad elbow tendonitis). That says a lot, as my training consists of snatches, cleans, presses, etc

However, I can say that while being on Flexatril, it is the first time I have ever actually not had any pain or irritation whatsoever. Took it all away bros.

I do a style of training that includes heavy loading, rest pause, and a decent amount of training to failure, combined with maintaining an unnecessarily lean physique year round. Kind of the perfect storm for joint and connective tissue issues. So the fact that this has taken away that pain, given those conditions, Id say its a damn good product.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Some studies just to start:

Niacinamide:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8841834

ALCAR

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Acetl-l-carnitine+osteoarthritis

In addition, bot Agmatine and ALCAR have been studied to treat neuropathic pain which, as muscleupcrohn pointed out, is not arthritis - but they are both good for cognitive health and depression and I believe that has a big impact on the perception of pain sometimes. Pain can really depress you, which makes you focus on it more, avoid things more, become more depressed, etc.

If she is taking pain killers, ALCAR and Agmatine can increase the pain killing effects of many opiods, acetaminophen, etc.

I have a father and a grandmother with these issues. My grandmother is on coumadin so ALCAR, niacinamide and Agmatine may have conflicts and require doctors supervision.

NAC is good for inflammation and protects against oxidative stress. It has some RA studies somewhere...

All of these items age good general health compounds that help with cardiovascular disease, dementia, etc.

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
Feedback wise, Flexatril speaks for itself. Consumers have been VERY happy with the product. None of the other products on the market work the way this one does. Can be used on its own or with other products on the market. Run the loading phase for 10 days and you'll see improvements.

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Flexatril has worked great for my shoulder and elbow. Love it. Big up for Scivation on that! It's a permanent fixture in my cabinet from now on.

I also like fish oil, cissus, glucosamine and curcumin stacked for extra inflammation control.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
I really love Flexible from Formutech..

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
so flexatril is superior to sns joint help xt?
Everyone responds different to any supplement ever made. You just have to consider possibly getting both and seeing what works best for you.

We have had some more feedback that would compare other products and this is what they had to say:

"Yea, it's a staple for me now. And I'm not a rep, nor have I received any discounts, free bottles, etc., for Flexatril. I bought tried it based on the hype (after running three bottles of Joint XT with good results) and it delivered as promised.
However, as long I have the funds, I don't plan on testing the waters without Flexatril, as I'm experimenting with DC training now, in addition to doing heavy Oly lift work (snatches, cleans, jerks).
"

Have tried Genoflex, Joint Support XT and now using Flexatril. Based on my experiences if I had to rank them on effectiveness I would say:
1. Flexatril 2. Genoflex 3. Joint Support XT.
Flexatril has been awesome, I actually couldn't believe how well it worked. This pretty much cleared up the issues I have been having with my shoulder that had been going on for about 4 months prior to this.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/279797-time-buy-another-5.html#post5396529

"Overall, my body is feeling GREAT. Last night I was noticing just how easy it is for me to walk up the stairs now. Usually I'd approach each step (when stepping with my right knee) with a bit of caution, and I'd engage my glutes and hams a little more to help minimize the pain of each step. But last night I was walking up the stairs like a normal person, not thinking twice about the osteoarthritic knee. Felt great. No pain at all.

I think regarding the osteoarthritis, that's been the biggest benefit I've noticed. The reduction in knee pain. I'm moving with much greater ease since starting Flexatril, and it's nice to move about without always having to mentally calculate my weight distribution each time I step with my right leg.
"

"I have some other health things going on... BUT as far as me knees (shattered patella in 2009 and two other structural knee surgeries before that) and a constantly sore elbow... it's been a huge help. Get's a ringing endorsement from me."

I felt my legs, particularly in the shins were already alot better, like almost 100%. I was quite happy, because GenoFlex did help, but Flexatril had a better noticeable effect.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/282006-xtend-perform-cordycep-2.html#post5404674

This is where Flexatril shined for me today, I felt ALOT less pain in my left wrist when I pulled the bar up to my lower ribs. Usually, by the 3rd set, the pain in my left wrist is painful that I have to lower the weight and the last few reps of the 3rd set are in bad form. However, I did these with good form, and with good confidence. I was really happy, my left wrist has less pain, after 4 days on Flexatril. The pain hasn't completely gone, but it's a lot less painful.

hamdysayed

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
thanks for suggestions , as i said it's for knee arthritis and actually it's for my elderly mother as we tried alot of things that didn't work , which doctors tend to give sh!t that mask the pain or tons of side effects.
can you stack joint help xt and flexatril?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
There's an absolute myriad of options out there nowadays. None of them are going to be "specifically" for knees, as none are "targeted".

That said, joint support xt and cissus xt helped my knees tremendously a couple months back.

Went from not being able to squat body weight, back to 300+lb in 3 weeks. Pretty solid results for me

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am still a firm believer of hyaluronic acid. It takes a month or two to kick in, but it definitely works. My mum and grandma also swear by it. You should dose it at 300mg minimum

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Joint Support XT has been getting great feedback and has a ton of human researched back doses to support it. Most importantly, it works very well for pain and inflammation relief.

Flexatril has been getting good feedback as well across the board.

What country are you located?

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Joint Support XT has been getting great feedback and has a ton of human researched back doses to support it. Most importantly, it works very well for pain and inflammation relief.

?
This^^^^^ and without all Bob's spam

pulsefit

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I know when I worked at that nasty 3 letter store, I had a regular customer who would come in for turmeric. Genoflex would be a good all in one pill I have not tried flexatril.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I know when I worked at that nasty 3 letter store, I had a regular customer who would come in for turmeric. Genoflex would be a good all in one pill I have not tried flexatril.
Curcumin is good all round ingredient, but needs assistance to become bio-available. Piperine is a good adjunct, but there are other forms as well that are better.

hamdysayed

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Flexatril has been getting good feedback as well across the board.

What country are you located?
texas usa but my mother lives in Egypt and they don't have access to any of these goodies.

hamdysayed

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
so what yall say about stacking sns joint support and flexatril?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
so what yall say about stacking sns joint support and flexatril?
Too much man, they are both good on their own. You wont need to stack them :)

hamdysayed

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Too much man, they are both good on their own. You wont need to stack them :)
both have different ingredients though ?
what you mean by too much like can cause side effects ?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
both have different ingredients though ?
what you mean by too much like can cause side effects ?
They do, but both are very effective anti inflammatories. It's not cost effective to use both, when both solo are very complete products.

Could they both be run? Sure. But do they both need to be run concurrently? Naw. No need to do so until you try them both out solo. Why spend double the cash when half is effective?

hamdysayed

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They do, but both are very effective anti inflammatories. It's not cost effective to use both, when both solo are very complete products.

Could they both be run? Sure. But do they both need to be run concurrently? Naw. No need to do so until you try them both out solo. Why spend double the cash when half is effective?
Very valid pointtt
agreed

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
As previously stated, SNS JOINT SUPPORT XT and CISSUS XT is a very comprehensive joint supplement with great feedback from respected members here on this forum!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If this were me, I'd tend to agree with Jiigz. My initial reaction was, using both would be really good and would cover all of your basis. But at the end of the day there are 100 ingredients that are "supposed" to help joint pain. Those are two of the best. While you won't have "all" of the potentially useful ingredients, you will have a bunch and your bases will be covered.

I think a better plan would be to try each on their own and judge their effectiveness. Maybe one works better for your mom than the other, and then she only has to buy that one bottle every month once she knows. Buy a bottle of each and keep some Joint Force on hand for the times when she needs to deal with pain short term.

PJLFit

Awards
Helios by Chaos & Pain. Best I've used so far. Only need 1 scoop per day. The flavor is nasty though.