Vitamin D oral va topical?

619sss

Awards
So I read about topic about transdermal vitamin d is better than oral form of vitamin D, who uses transdermal Vitamin D? Patches, creams?

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
oral D3 works just fine for me. cheap and easy to take

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
For the benefits and the cost go with oral. Cheap easy and works

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
id say old fashioned sun at the right time and right place is the best otherwise either one of those

jimmyjusa

jimmyjusa

Awards
  • Established
I know it wasn't asked, but I did see a liquid the other day that +may+ have been listed as sub lingual. I can't remember since I had just bought my 5000 iu pills a week prior

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Why is td "better" than caps/gels for vit d?

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, it's the absorbing to the blood
Why is td "better" than caps/gels for vit d?
Apparently it mimic more accurately of how the body naturally synthesize vit D. Can't remember who, but a very well respected doctor that's on this board said that. I've also read that as well. However, I'm not sure if I'm sold on that theory yet.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Apparently it mimic more accurately of how the body naturally synthesize vit D. Can't remember who, but a very well respected doctor that's on this board said that. I've also read that as well. However, I'm not sure if I'm sold on that theory yet.
But its already "synthesized", as in in its biologically usable/effective form, as a compound within the td (or oral) product? Or does the td app involve some sort of vit d "precursor" that more closely mimics what the sun provides our skin?

Sounds a bit suss, lol

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Well, it's the absorbing to the blood
Hmm, I honestly didnt think oral bioavailability was an issue. Well, never come across anything reputable (academic) to suggest otherwise.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
But its already "synthesized", as in in its biologically usable/effective form, as a compound within the td (or oral) product? Or does the td app involve some sort of vit d "precursor" that more closely mimics what the sun provides our skin?

Sounds a bit suss, lol
Wish I knew more but I don't.

619sss

Awards
I take Vitamin D 2000iu everyday sometimes more at 5,000iu and got my D levels at 32?

jimmyjusa

jimmyjusa

Awards
  • Established
I take Vitamin D 2000iu everyday sometimes more at 5,000iu and got my D levels at 32?
30 is the bottom of the "normal" range, when I first got tested, before I took any supplementation, I was at 11. Most reports I've read say that 50 is the ideal minimum. D3 has a half life of 2 weeks vs d2 which is what is normally prescribed to boost levels, which only has a 1 week half life. I personally take about 30k every few days to get and keep my levels high.

619sss

Awards
30 is the bottom of the "normal" range, when I first got tested, before I took any supplementation, I was at 11. Most reports I've read say that 50 is the ideal minimum. D3 has a half life of 2 weeks vs d2 which is what is normally prescribed to boost levels, which only has a 1 week half life. I personally take about 30k every few days to get and keep my levels high.
How many times did you take the 30k ui til u got them high? U took a test after right?

jimmyjusa

jimmyjusa

Awards
  • Established
It took about a month or six weeks (sorry, I first found out about my major deficiency about 5 years ago so I don't remember the exact time frame), and got me up to a reading of around 60 or so. I mainly did the high doses because I wasn't taking anything else at the time and would forget to take them daily. A somewhat recent video I watched is where I got the half life information about the two types, and the guy giving the information was saying due to this you could take all yours pills for the week at once. I personally just prefer to split it into a few doses and since I work inside I still take bigger doses vs daily