Bcaa or HMB???

khall1974

khall1974

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you had a choice which one would give you more bang for your buck. Bcaa or HMB

pulsefit

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If you had a choice which one would give you more bang for your buck. Bcaa or HMB
Hmb problem is Hmb tastes soooo bad to me. I need something to drown out that flavor. Tastes like dirty sweaty underwear. Bleh.

Piledahlaren

Piledahlaren

Awards
  • Established
neither of them, well some tasty bcaa if you cant down straight water maybe

NewAgeMayan

Awards
HMB bulk powder is cheap as sh1t man, get on it.

I use bcaa for fasted AM training. I dont bother with a pre wo, just scull some ENDUR3 and then into it.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
HMB, did a 36 hour fast and dosed 2 grams pre workout and 2 grams post and felt like a champ in gym.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Depends entirely on training regimen. If you are approaching an overreaching phase, hmb could be beneficial. Bcaas intra workout is pretty standard regardless, but eaas are much better.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
HMB for sure. BCAAs are great but unless i'm doing fasted cardio or don't get enough aminos from my diet then I usually don't take them.

jazztastic

Awards
I got in on the HMB kick over 20 years ago and loved it...great recovery. Recently bought some bulk HMB and I agree with pulsefit, having trouble choking it down. Also, give me a strange feeling almost like artificial sweeteners do to me...does it affect anyone else like that?

Hmb problem is Hmb tastes soooo bad to me. I need something to drown out that flavor. Tastes like dirty sweaty underwear. Bleh.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
I got in on the HMB kick over 20 years ago and loved it...great recovery. Recently bought some bulk HMB and I agree with pulsefit, having trouble choking it down. Also, give me a strange feeling almost like artificial sweeteners do to me...does it affect anyone else like that?
Yeah, definitely noticed that, I mix it with lemon-lime glutamine.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
HMB helps me get the strength increases I have programmed to occur every 5 weeks and deem mandatory for hypertrophy. Why do I see them as mandatory? I only grow when increase my lifts by more than 10% which, of course, takes months. The rest of the time I am building up to those new weights I have never handled before.

BCAA I sometimes takes when training fasted, mostly out of superstition :D

For 90 cents day, HMB-FA has been working fine and not given me a reason to switch. I guess if they did not discontinue Bodystrong HMB, I could have tried the 360 cap bottle for a low price. I have no desire to go the bulk powder route :)

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
I would personally go with BCAA. 15g of BCAA intra-workout makes a huge difference for me.

I do keto diet and then do lean bulk 3 to 4 months and back to keto. So my strength goes up and down and I don't really care much for it. I mean as soon as I start putting carbs back into my body (even 100g a day) my strength jumps up a lot.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
After a year, I literally don't taste HMB anymore.

Todd Garner

Todd Garner

Awards
  • Established
you can find Clear Muscle hmb cheap sometimes, one of the few supps that I can really tell a difference when I take it and when I don't.