Phenibut

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone tried or even heard of Phenibut, wanna give it a shot for its anti stress/anxiety properties at low dose

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
I find it relaxes at a dose of 1g, and i have gone up to 2 grams had great vivid dreams but no more relaxation / anti anxiety than the lower dose, also had a real nasty hangover effect the next day after 2 grams and was dizzy for most of the morning until around 2pm, i required around 300-400mg caffeine to snap out of the groggy hangover / dizzy feeling.

I would start low at 2 500mg caps, 1 gram to assess tolerance and see how you respond.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Also it is said to have withdrawal symptoms is used on a daily basis so i would not try to use it too much, an anti anxiety mood calming supp i have used has been Prolactrone by black lion research which contains a high quality form of L-Dopa extracted from velvet beans.

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
Yeah ok thanks, I'm only on a get some because I have a couple of days of tests next week, I hate stuff like that and can't relax atall during them! I was gonna start at 500mg, just to asses but I'll raise as needed! Thanks, I've only ever used l-dopa on cycles with possible prolactin sides, may give it a shot next time thanks

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The few times that I have used it I got a nasty hangover the next morning. It wore off after about 5-6 hours but was annoying as fukk. I dosed at 1 gram both times. This is one of those ingredients that seem to effect everyone different as I know buddies who dose 1g all the time and never have a issue the next day

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
The few times that I have used it I got a nasty hangover the next morning. It wore off after about 5-6 hours but was annoying as fukk. I dosed at 1 gram both times. This is one of those ingredients that seem to effect everyone different as I know buddies who dose 1g all the time and never have a issue the next day
What effects did you get off it? That's why I'm reluctant to do 1g straight up haha

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What effects did you get off it? That's why I'm reluctant to do 1g straight up haha
I would try it out on the weekend or whenever you have a free day first just to access your individual response to it. The couple times I tried it was on a Friday or Saturday just at home watching movies with the gf or whatnot but I noticed a nice relaxing feeling and I slept like a baby that night with some awesome dreams.
I know alot of people comment on how it helps them converse and reduce anxiety in social environments but I have not used it in those types of situations

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Has anyone tried or even heard of Phenibut, wanna give it a shot for its anti stress/anxiety properties at low dose
IF you decide to use this, be carful. Tolerance is quick on this and if you use for 2 days, take 5 off. No matter if you tell yourself, im good I'll continue a few more days, DONT. For Phen- days on should be x 2 for days off.

some are going to come in here and say they use it all the time and no issues- good for them. I am not sure of the potency of this product now versus 10 years ago, but you couldn't pay me any amount of money to take this again.

if you are that stressed out, go to the gym and squat till you puke and then squat some more. Youll feel better after that.

Bro, this is one supplement I seriously wish they would pull from the market.

Your choice though, so as I said its not worth it IMHO and just becareful

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
smith_69 can you elaborate a bit more on your experience and why you dislike it so much? just curious because I was planning on giving this a shot as well

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
IF you decide to use this, be carful. Tolerance is quick on this and if you use for 2 days, take 5 off. No matter if you tell yourself, im good I'll continue a few more days, DONT. For Phen- days on should be x 2 for days off.

some are going to come in here and say they use it all the time and no issues- good for them. I am not sure of the potency of this product now versus 10 years ago, but you couldn't pay me any amount of money to take this again.

if you are that stressed out, go to the gym and squat till you puke and then squat some more. Youll feel better after that.

Bro, this is one supplement I seriously wish they would pull from the market.

Your choice though, so as I said its not worth it IMHO and just becareful
Can you relay you're experience? I'm not stressed out per say, I am literally going to take it for some tests, so twice, I can't handle sitting in a room doing an exam on a computer basically! I've tried going to the gym before an exam, no help. Could you suggest anything else as a calmer? Most mood/brain enhancers have caffeine in and that seriously wouldn't help my already elevated state haha

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
smith_69 can you elaborate a bit more on your experience and why you dislike it so much? just curious because I was planning on giving this a shot as well
honestly, I didn't adhere to taking time off, not as much as I should have. Which led me to increase the amounts and in a short time your dependent. It is one of the easiest sup/drug to get hooked on. I was buying in straight bulk powder, not pill form.

don't get me wrong, it was pretty dam good. extremely great mood, happy and chilled. However, with everything you do, the great feeling you have comes with the down feeling. just as good as you feel on, coming off feels worse.

after you take it, youll start to feel it within 30 min or so, but again, too much you will get sick, worse then a drinking all night sick. Feel absolutely like sh1t the next day.

Its a compound that you have to play to much with- x amount will work for him and me, you might want xyz. One of the other reasons I don't like this sup anymore. taking a sup that was designed to aid with psychophrenia and bi-polar disorder should not be taken lightly.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Look into Focus XT by SNS, and you could potentially add some Noopept.

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
honestly, I didn't adhere to taking time off, not as much as I should have. Which led me to increase the amounts and in a short time your dependent. It is one of the easiest sup/drug to get hooked on. I was buying in straight bulk powder, not pill form.

don't get me wrong, it was pretty dam good. extremely great mood, happy and chilled. However, with everything you do, the great feeling you have comes with the down feeling. just as good as you feel on, coming off feels worse.

after you take it, youll start to feel it within 30 min or so, but again, too much you will get sick, worse then a drinking all night sick. Feel absolutely like sh1t the next day.

Its a compound that you have to play to much with- x amount will work for him and me, you might want xyz. One of the other reasons I don't like this sup anymore. taking a sup that was designed to aid with psychophrenia and bi-polar disorder should not be taken lightly.
Ok well no I can understand your dismissal! I've beaten a bad addiction and know what it entails so I understand but like I said I want to use this twice only, I've failed this exam twice just because I needed out, not because I'm stupid and it's stopping me progressing in my career! Unless you can suggest a different route?

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Ok well no I can understand your dismissal! I've beaten a bad addiction and know what it entails so I understand but like I said I want to use this twice only, I've failed this exam twice just because I needed out, not because I'm stupid and it's stopping me progressing in my career! Unless you can suggest a different route?
if you have an addictive personality, don't use this

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
if you have an addictive personality, don't use this
I somehow knew that was coming, I'll take your advice for someone who's had real experience! still though short of popping a Valium, I don't know if there's anything else out there just to do this one thing!

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
I somehow knew that was coming, I'll take your advice for someone who's had real experience! still though short of popping a Valium, I don't know if there's anything else out there just to do this one thing!
the older forum brother in me says- no excuses, don't find an excuse, just do it

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
the older forum brother in me says- no excuses, don't find an excuse, just do it
F it! Haha looks like I'll be sucking up and just giving it another shot! Thought it was just an option to play about with but isn't worth the risk, thanks! Oh and if I fail, you'll be sure to get the blame

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
F it! Haha looks like I'll be sucking up and just giving it another shot! Thought it was just an option to play about with but isn't worth the risk, thanks! Oh and if I fail, you'll be sure to get the blame
lol-

I have faith that you can do it bro- ill help you study if you need it

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
lol-

I have faith that you can do it bro- ill help you study if you need it
Honestly I really appreciate it but I will recline the offer! Like I said its not my ability it's just anxiety! I'll just have to tell myself to stop being an idiot and take my time, trying to relax haha

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Phenibut is a strong, dopaminergic, gaba agonist. For those with any hint of chemical imbalances/depression/anxiety/ addictive personalities...heed Smith's advice and tread carefully.

I'd look into more natural anxiolytics. Some can have fairly potent calming effects in my experience. A simple google search will set you on your way.

Brutus99

Awards
I have used it and i havent had any problems. As long as its not abused i think the stuff can work wonders.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think Smith_69 may be coming on a little strong (due to his personal bad experience, which is understandable) but his warning should be considered. His stance is the stance of most people who have been bitten by phenibut withdrawals. Having said that, it has its place and most of the horror stories are overblown.

As Smith_69 pointed out, escalation is the big issue and it can happen quickly. For anxiety, you may be fine at 250 mg/day and if you stick to that or even every other day, you won't have a huge risk. Almost all of the horror stories involve people going over 2 grams of the stuff. If you are disciplined and aware of the escalation issues and try to use it only when needed with days off, and keep it below 1-2 grams, you will most likely be fine. As with all substances, try to take the minimum dose necessary to get the job done.

And, having said that, there may be better regular use options for anxiety. Try taking 1-3 grams of agmatine and see how that effects your anxiety, I would bet it's mild but noticeable. Ashwagandha - KSM 66 especially - will also help.

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
True I agree he did but sometimes scare tactics are needed! Like I said I had a bad addiction to tranqs so I have an addictive personality, so to true if I liked it too much I'd probably end up abusing it! That's all I was going to dose but then again I don't really wanna risk it haha I've done a ton of researching, I'm just gonna try ride it out! It's only one thing I've gotta do, I just worry to much! I take 2g of agmantine in my homemade pwo but seeing astound I have plenty on hand I might try it, thanks :)

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
True I agree he did but sometimes scare tactics are needed! Like I said I had a bad addiction to tranqs so I have an addictive personality, so to true if I liked it too much I'd probably end up abusing it! That's all I was going to dose but then again I don't really wanna risk it haha I've done a ton of researching, I'm just gonna try ride it out! It's only one thing I've gotta do, I just worry to much! I take 2g of agmantine in my homemade pwo but seeing astound I have plenty on hand I might try it, thanks :)
think that's the better way to go-

smith_69

smith_69

Awards

keep us posted on how you are doing

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, yeah I will do my test is next Friday and then the last on Monday!

smith_69

smith_69

Awards

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
Maybe for another thread but is DMAA the same as in ups and downs? Always hear how good it is/makes you feel for lifting, is the crash anything to consider?

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Maybe for another thread but is DMAA the same as in ups and downs? Always hear how good it is/makes you feel for lifting, is the crash anything to consider?
i think any crash sucks, but i havent used it so to be honest, i dont know- very good question, might want to post that in the supp section

dmaa and crashing

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I haven't ever experienced a DMAA crash, so no ups and downs IMO.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Doses of 25-75mg you should be okay.

As for Phenibut, I don't suggest it as a long term solution but I keep a bottle of hand for those really long days. I hardly go to 1g and stay at 500mg most of the time. We (SNS) offer it capped and I wouldn't suggest exceeding 1g as that should be plenty

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think Smith_69 may be coming on a little strong (due to his personal bad experience, which is understandable) but his warning should be considered. His stance is the stance of most people who have been bitten by phenibut withdrawals. Having said that, it has its place and most of the horror stories are overblown.

As Smith_69 pointed out, escalation is the big issue and it can happen quickly. For anxiety, you may be fine at 250 mg/day and if you stick to that or even every other day, you won't have a huge risk. Almost all of the horror stories involve people going over 2 grams of the stuff. If you are disciplined and aware of the escalation issues and try to use it only when needed with days off, and keep it below 1-2 grams, you will most likely be fine. As with all substances, try to take the minimum dose necessary to get the job done.

And, having said that, there may be better regular use options for anxiety. Try taking 1-3 grams of agmatine and see how that effects your anxiety, I would bet it's mild but noticeable. Ashwagandha - KSM 66 especially - will also help.
Completely agree with this. I recently took 250 mg of phenibut every day for almost 2 months. I never increased the dose and it continued to provide great relief from anxiety (no change in mood). The amounts some people use are just ridiculous. I stopped taking it almost a week ago (decided to try tianeptine sulfate instead) and haven't had any withdrawals.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Completely agree with this. I recently took 250 mg of phenibut every day for almost 2 months. I never increased the dose and it continued to provide great relief from anxiety (no change in mood). The amounts some people use are just ridiculous. I stopped taking it almost a week ago (decided to try tianeptine sulfate instead) and haven't had any withdrawals.
not sure what amount you are taking of Tia- but are you using for antidepressant or opioid effects? Staying at a low dose from what I have read seems to be "key" however there are those who built a tolerance to this and went into full opioid withdrawal. Again, those who have an addictive personality should use extreme caution. Any using any type of nootro should just be careful-

said it before, it is your choice, but just use caution.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
not sure what amount you are taking of Tia- but are you using for antidepressant or opioid effects? Staying at a low dose from what I have read seems to be "key" however there are those who built a tolerance to this and went into full opioid withdrawal. Again, those who have an addictive personality should use extreme caution. Any using any type of nootro should just be careful-

I'm just taking tianeptine sulfate for antidepressant effects. I just started it yesterday and am only taking 25 mg in the morning. Just to be clear, I'm taking the sulfate version, not sodium. My understanding is that the sulfate form has less tianeptine than the sodium form (thus the larger single dose) but it has a much longer half-life. So, it only has to be taken once or twice each day. Depending on the effects after a few weeks, I may increase to 50 mg/day but that's the highest recommended amount (for those not looking to abuse it).

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
I'm just taking tianeptine sulfate for antidepressant effects. I just started it yesterday and am only taking 25 mg in the morning. Just to be clear, I'm taking the sulfate version, not sodium. My understanding is that the sulfate form has less tianeptine than the sodium form (thus the larger single dose) but it has a much longer half-life. So, it only has to be taken once or twice each day. Depending on the effects after a few weeks, I may increase to 50 mg/day but that's the highest recommended amount (for those not looking to abuse it).
ok, good info

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

If this has appeared like effects agmatine will probably prevent escalation. Or at least help prevent it.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
If this has appeared like effects agmatine will probably prevent escalation. Or at least help prevent it.
agree with that

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
Try looking into niacin, natural anti depressant at high levels, that and 5-hpt helped through a real rough patch man! I said screw the docs and went my own route, I no take nothing and am a relatively happy person bar the anxiety at the weirdest things haha Opioids and barbiturates aren't the route to helping because inevitably they make it worse :)

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
phenibut can be pretty euphoric feeling at the right dose but what goes up must come down

smith_69

smith_69

Awards

Dmj8379

Awards
At first Phenibut I'd very euphoric, but after a few days tolerance sets in.. believe me this stuff you don't to use everyday.. I went through withdrawal on this stuff
. Took me a week of no sleep and no eating before I got better

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
At first Phenibut I'd very euphoric, but after a few days tolerance sets in.. believe me this stuff you don't to use everyday.. I went through withdrawal on this stuff
. Took me a week of no sleep and no eating before I got better
sh1t is no joke

Dmj8379

Awards
Exactly and the sad part is I only used the phenibut for 10 days... that's all it took to get 7 days of no eating or sleeping...

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
smith_69 just to let you know mate, had an anxiety attack but smashed the test haha so it all worked out I guess in life's weird way!

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
smith_69 just to let you know mate, had an anxiety attack but smashed the test haha so it all worked out I guess in life's weird way!
excellent brotha, excellent and thanks for letting me know

have a good one

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Yeah its pretty great stuff. I prefer it in the 500mg-1.0g range. The hangover effect after that isn't worth it for me..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 56
tyga tyga Supplements 16
RIPDanDuchaine Supplements 18
brofessorx Supplements 9
Supplements 7