LiverCare Study

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was doing some research on general health type supplements, and came across an interesting study on Himalaya LiverCare (according to Himalaya, it is the US version of Liv.52 without the iron), so I figured I'd share it here. Sorry if it's already been mentioned before.

Seventy healthy male and female volunteers, aged between 18 and 40 years of age willing to participate in the clinical study and follow the study procedures were included in the study.

The subjects as per the randomization were advised to consume orally LiverCare or similar looking placebo at a dose of one capsule twice daily before meals for a period of 60 days.

The results from the clinical trial demonstrates that LiverCare decreased the fecal and urinary nitrogen excretion thereby maintaining positive nitrogen balance. Excretion of urinary urea was also reduced after LiverCare administration. No adverse effects were observed and the supplement was well tolerated. The synergistic actions exhibited by the ingredients of LiverCare might provide the beneficial effects in protein anabolism in healthy individuals. LiverCare thus acts as an anabolic supporter which promotes the functional capacity of the liver and supports cellular metabolic activity and normal regeneration. Thus, the results of the study support the “Protein anabolic property” of LiverCare.
http://himalayausa.com/files/livercare_protein_anabolism.pdf

Thoughts?

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
Interesting. Thanks for posting the info.

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
Oh look those amazing prop blends we all love!

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Underdosed nonsense.

CEL Cycle Assist. TUDCA. NAC. SAMe. R-ALA.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Underdosed nonsense.

CEL Cycle Assist. TUDCA. NAC. SAMe. R-ALA.
This... Cel ftw every time. Tudca for the strong stuff.

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
to expand on some of the positive nitrogen balance effects, thoughts on if there's really any REAL world merit to using liver supports for general "gains" in any fashion outside of the spectrum of "support" purposes for people on orals. i mean i know cycle assist is a good over all product, but taking in year long at 30 bucks a month or whatever it costs isnt practical to me.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
to expand on some of the positive nitrogen balance effects, thoughts on if there's really any REAL world merit to using liver supports for general "gains" in any fashion outside of the spectrum of "support" purposes for people on orals. i mean i know cycle assist is a good over all product, but taking in year long at 30 bucks a month or whatever it costs isnt practical to me.
I was also mentioning it here mostly in the context of positive nitrogen balance and as more of a "general health" type thing than a potent liver protector to use with cycles (such as TUDCA or even NAC). Of course, NAC is damn cheap, and is going to be something I include as a part of my "general health" stack. Anyone have any input on potential benefits of nitrogen balance?

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
I was also mentioning it here mostly in the context of positive nitrogen balance and as more of a "general health" type thing than a potent liver protector to use with cycles (such as TUDCA or even NAC). Of course, NAC is damn cheap, and is going to be something I include as a part of my "general health" stack. Anyone have any input on potential benefits of nitrogen balance?
problem with that is its not as marketable/main stream, someones going to need to have refined knowledge on the human body to even speculate on how this translates to tangible results in this fashion. most likely, the best answer will be something you take for general health purposes, but also MAY positively influence nitrogen balance that may or may not have a positive effect over time. id be interested to hear if anyone did have any input though thats for sure.

what you dosing nac at, ive been meaning to add it to my health stack myself, likely around a 500mg or lesser dose, i like to keep antioxidants at a minimally effective dose.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
problem with that is its not as marketable/main stream, someones going to need to have refined knowledge on the human body to even speculate on how this translates to tangible results in this fashion. most likely, the best answer will be something you take for general health purposes, but also MAY positively influence nitrogen balance that may or may not have a positive effect over time. id be interested to hear if anyone did have any input though thats for sure.

what you dosing nac at, ive been meaning to add it to my health stack myself, likely around a 500mg or lesser dose, i like to keep antioxidants at a minimally effective dose.
I was thinking 600-1200mg/day. It's 600mg caps, so 1 cap would be 600mg and 2 would be 1200mg. I'd just take the dose(s) (1 if 600mg, 2 if 1200mg) away from my workouts. It's dirt cheap even at 1200mg/day.

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking 600-1200mg/day. It's 600mg caps, so 1 cap would be 600mg and 2 would be 1200mg. I'd just take the dose(s) (1 if 600mg, 2 if 1200mg) away from my workouts. It's dirt cheap even at 1200mg/day.
my only concern with nac is that if its serving a specific/legitimate enough purpose for health in conjunction to what a lot of use want (lbm). i realize it serves multiple uses, boosting glutathione levels being one.ergo speculates that increased glutathione levels are part of what hampers muscle recovery. if thats even true, glutathione isnt necessarily boosted and disappearing over a short duration iirc (welcome to corrections). so even if nacs half life is relatively outside the window of concern, does it have other effects that are on going? this study for whatever its worth used it post workout granted, but my other concerns noted are really what im curious about. http://ergo-log.com/n-acetylcysteine-supplement-inhibits-post-workout-muscle-recovery.html

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
my only concern with nac is that if its serving a specific/legitimate enough purpose for health in conjunction to what a lot of use want (lbm). i realize it serves multiple uses, boosting glutathione levels being one.ergo speculates that increased glutathione levels are part of what hampers muscle recovery. if thats even true, glutathione isnt necessarily boosted and disappearing over a short duration iirc (welcome to corrections). so even if nacs half life is relatively outside the window of concern, does it have other effects that are on going? this study for whatever its worth used it post workout granted, but my other concerns noted are really what im curious about. http://ergo-log.com/n-acetylcysteine-supplement-inhibits-post-workout-muscle-recovery.html
I'd just stick to 600mg then. Cooper said a few things about NAC a while back on another forum:
NAC at doses of 500-600mg has been shown to improve workout performance. There are 2 studies with NAC done at ~1.5g periworkout that showed that it hindered hypertrophy and performance. All about the dose when taking antioxidants periworkout
If you're dosing NAC above 600mg daily for non-clinically-indicated reasons, you're doing it wrong anyway

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
I've never spent more than $24 for a bottle and I take 3 caps/day which lasts me 80 days. So ~$110/year...

You can also do 4 caps which lasts 60 days, and is recommended for people not on cycle. So that's $12/month, even at $15/month that's $180/year for a bunch of health promoting ingredients.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but spending $180/year on a supplement that contains studied ingredients promoting better health seems extremely practical to me.

If it helps keep you out of the doctors office twice, that's practically the same cost depending on your copay, taking sick days, and prescriptions.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Liv52 has been around forever. I get the double strentgh tabs online from himalaya company, not the liver care, i get liv52ds. Being that they are so cheap why not keep them in your arsenal?

The absolute best liver protectant is synthetek synthergine. Tudca and nac as mentioned above as well.

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
I've never spent more than $24 for a bottle and I take 3 caps/day which lasts me 80 days. So ~$110/year...

You can also do 4 caps which lasts 60 days, and is recommended for people not on cycle. So that's $12/month, even at $15/month that's $180/year for a bunch of health promoting ingredients.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but spending $180/year on a supplement that contains studied ingredients promoting better health seems extremely practical to me.

If it helps keep you out of the doctors office twice, that's practically the same cost depending on your copay, taking sick days, and prescriptions.
valid point, i can appreciate a logical breakdown like that. its one of those og type products imo. was even more pleased to find out the association between ya'll. you should get some more SNS fellas in here chiming in about your tudca, regarding thoughts itt, liver health and nitrogen balance, id love to hear some further thoughts. although i realize it has merit outside of that.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Liv52 has been around forever. I get the double strentgh tabs online from himalaya company, not the liver care, i get liv52ds. Being that they are so cheap why not keep them in your arsenal?

The absolute best liver protectant is synthetek synthergine. Tudca and nac as mentioned above as well.
Their website says LiverCare is the same as Liv52 but without iron. The Liv52ds (international) is dirt cheap though, so I may pick some of that up. That plus NAC seems like a nice, cheap combo (for general liver support/health; I'm not cycling).

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Their website says LiverCare is the same as Liv52 but without iron. The Liv52ds (international) is dirt cheap though, so I may pick some of that up. That plus NAC seems like a nice, cheap combo (for general liver support/health; I'm not cycling).
Yea its great for anyone, well maybe the iron may be an issue for some... I have heard they give it to patients who are being treated for scirosis of the liver(not sure if i spelt that correctly). I just used cycling as an example because thats where most people use it. I take as a general health supplement. Two times a day. Milk thistle and nac as well. Too cheap not to.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yea its great for anyone, well maybe the iron may be an issue for some... I have heard they give it to patients who are being treated for scirosis of the liver(not sure if i spelt that correctly). I just used cycling as an example because thats where most people use it. I take as a general health supplement. Two times a day. Milk thistle and nac as well. Too cheap not to.
I've read a handful of nice studies using Liv52. The one in this thread was the first one I've seen for LiverCare.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can get Liv52ds and 600mg/day NAC for $5-6 a month total. That's insanely cheap.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You can get Liv52ds and 600mg/day NAC for $5-6 a month total. That's insanely cheap.
^^Exactly. Ive been getting 10 bottles of the ds from india for like 30 bucks shipped. Take it twice as day each bottle lasts 30 days lol

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
The absolute best liver protectant is synthetek synthergine.
INGREDIENTS: Arginine Hydrochloride, Sodium Glucuronate, Di-isopropylamine Dichloroacetate, Lysine Hydrochloride, Methionine Hydrochloride – 100ml bottle.

For anyone interested.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
INGREDIENTS: Arginine Hydrochloride, Sodium Glucuronate, Di-isopropylamine Dichloroacetate, Lysine Hydrochloride, Methionine Hydrochloride – 100ml bottle.

For anyone interested.
1 ml per 55lbs of bodyweight. Sterile for injection but shown to be just as effective orally

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I don't take Jack for the Liver unless I'm doing a cycle - and even then, It's usually just Liver Assist -XT and maybe some Glutathione. I've never done Methylated or Alpha Alkylated compounds. I know TUDCA isn't needed for what I do, but I use that too because I'm scared and old with extra money :D But for general health? The Liver is designed to take a licking and keep on ticking (name the 70's commercial) :)

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't take Jack for the Liver unless I'm doing a cycle - and even then, It's usually just Liver Assist -XT and maybe some Glutathione. I've never done Methylated or Alpha Alkylated compounds. I know TUDCA isn't needed for what I do, but I use that too because I'm scared and old with extra money :D But for general health? The Liver is designed to take a licking and keep on ticking (name the 70's commercial) :)
This is a good point. Just for general health i think something like chron mentioned makes sense. Even maybe some milk thistle. But the rest is unnessary. On cycle though... Different story.