Protein that mixes well with fruit

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
I'm tired of the same ol chocolate pb banana. Is there a flavored protein that goes well with frozen and or fresh fruit?

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Typically I use a good vanilla protein as it goes with most fruit. I'd be able to pinpoint certain flavors though if you tell me which fruits you plan on using

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Myofusion in vanilla. Dat der creaminess.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
Strawberries mangoes peaches blueberry. Was kinda leaning towards more of a juice type consistency

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm tired of the same ol chocolate pb banana. Is there a flavored protein that goes well with frozen and or fresh fruit?
You switch up the fruit and flavors. I like cherries with chocolate and blueberries, peaches, or strawberries (with or without a banana) with vanilla. Of course I prefer the PES Select flavors, but that should give you some additional options.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
Is there such thing as an unflavored protein?
Was thinkn maybe add some fresh fruit juice to it?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Is there such thing as an unflavored protein?
Was thinkn maybe add some fresh fruit juice to it?
Pretty sure there's an unflavored myprotein whey mix, but not sure just how neutral the flavor is.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
pes select is great and a lot of isolate proteins mix easily with fruit.

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
I blend up IQF fruit and whole fresh fruits into Protein ALLLL the time

Tend to use Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry proteins as well XF's Arctic Lemonade which is sour/tart and citrus and blends up stupid good with IQF fruits.

Many many flavors of protein will blend up nice with fruit tho do NOT limit yourself O.O I have blended up ****ing Mocha/Coffee flavored proteins with fruits even :D there is a lot of possibilities so if you have something on hand just ****in try it see if you like it try a couple dif fruits.

IQF fruits are prob my fav since it will make it a chilled slush making it very refreshing :) Also I LOVE to make Protein-Lassi's which is a yogurt based drink utilizing strained yogurts if unfamiliar heavily consumed in middle eastern cuisines/turkish etc

Birthday Cake & Glazed Doughnut protons with IQF blueberries was real gud real real good! Like blueberry frosting drink :D haha srsly

Try IQF blueberries & Strawberries with vanilla protein and some peanut butter :p PB&J smoothie <3

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
While not really a juice type consistency, I love mixing fruits with iForce Protean Brown Sugar Maple Oatmeal Cookie aka BSMOC.

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
Is iqf a brand name?
Noob... Lulz <3

IQF means Individually Quick Frozen haha its an industry standard for the premium/best frozen fruits as it is immediately frozen at the peak of ripeness using liquid nitrogen and other blast freezing technologies same for Shrimp even

It will say IQF on the label of IQF products be it fruit or meat/shrimp-seafoods

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
Wish company's did trial size. Don't want to go wasting 50.00 on something I won't like

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established

iforce blueberry muffin blended up with IQF ( 140g ) blueberries

blueberry muffin here blended up with IQF ( 140g ) strawberries

Arctic Lemonade mixed with tropical mixed IQF fruits including peaches & mango

Peppermint Bark blended up with IQF ( 140g ) blueberries

Banana Cream Lassi blended up with ( 140g ) Blueberries

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
Damn bro those look tasty af! Do you use milk water or something else?

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
Damn bro those look tasty af! Do you use milk water or something else?
With the IQF fruit mostly water tho I will and have also used fairlife whole milk & 2% fairlife with all of them

Arctic Lemonade being the exception; I always use just water it's how it's best IMO because its sour/tart and tastes like lemonade smoothie

Now the Lassi is a yogurt based drink and it uses both strained yogurt ( proper strained like fa-ge strained yogurt not the bs stuff like oikos etc etc ) and milk.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2015/may/21/how-to-make-perfect-mango-lassi-recipe

A good example and remember you can use either water or milk in any up to you and how you like it to taste the milk would obviously make it richer and creamier but often with a lot of fruit you might not want that.

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
I like using frozen strawberries with chocolate flavor they go pretty well together and its easy to find tasty chocolote whey, but for other fruit vanilla may be better as others suggested