Surgey For Posterior Labral Tear

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
This past Memorial Day I was tubing and fell off and dislocated my shoulder. I have been out of the gym since and got my MRI results back today. There is a big tear in the posterior labrum and the bone was chipped when my shoulder relocated itself after hitting the water a second time.

I am planning surgery, and after that he estimated a four month period before I will be able to lift normally again.

What can I do to keep from getting fat and losing all muscle? Lol

I am looking for any supplements or peptides, diet tips, exercise tips, really anything that could possibly help me from looking like a holocaust victim or a sumo wrestler during this time.
Dma378 BamBam0319 booneman77

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This past Memorial Day I was tubing and fell off and dislocated my shoulder. I have been out of the gym since and got my MRI results back today. There is a big tear in the posterior labrum and the bone was chipped when my shoulder relocated itself after hitting the water a second time.

I am planning surgery, and after that he estimated a four month period before I will be able to lift normally again.

What can I do to keep from getting fat and losing all muscle? Lol

I am looking for any supplements or peptides, diet tips, exercise tips, really anything that could possibly help me from looking like a holocaust victim or a sumo wrestler during this time.

Dma378 BamBam0319 booneman77
High Protein, Forskolin (studies show a muscle preserving effect), EvoMuse's new DCP, and maybe even Antaeus Labs new HH-6 (if it does what it's supposed to do)

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
High Protein, Forskolin (studies show a muscle preserving effect), EvoMuse's new DCP, and maybe even Antaeus Labs new HH-6 (if it does what it's supposed to do)
I'll have to check out HH-6 I've never heard of it.

I will obviously be doing legs and some core as I can. During this time, but what should I do about my calories? I have been cutting and would like to continue to drop body fat, but would these be a bad time to do so, seeing as I can't lift any upper body?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'll have to check out HH-6 I've never heard of it.

I will obviously be doing legs and some core as I can. During this time, but what should I do about my calories? I have been cutting and would like to continue to drop body fat, but would these be a bad time to do so, seeing as I can't lift any upper body?
I dont see any issue with continuing to diet. You'll just have to figure out your new calorie req't based on the change in lifting. Diet will be the key to making sure that you dont get too fat or lose everything. enough cals to keep things but not so many as to blimp.

Some things I would focus on:
-HIIT - bike sprints and such. These are very anabolic and will put your whole body in a good state as well as keep test elevated.
-Don't skimp on fats. you'll need all your hormones functioning properly.
-Do some much lighter upper body work as you can; even if its just on one side. I would do it after a HIIT session too. Dont go crazy, but enough to stimulate the muscles a bit. Theres studies showing that working even one side of the body can have some carry over to the other side, especially in terms of preservation.
-take something like HMB and maybe even epicatechin for the muscle side of things. forskolin is a great suggestion too for both muscle and fat loss.

I'll think more and get back if I come up with more.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I dont see any issue with continuing to diet. You'll just have to figure out your new calorie req't based on the change in lifting. Diet will be the key to making sure that you dont get too fat or lose everything. enough cals to keep things but not so many as to blimp.

Some things I would focus on:
-HIIT - bike sprints and such. These are very anabolic and will put your whole body in a good state as well as keep test elevated.
-Don't skimp on fats. you'll need all your hormones functioning properly.
-Do some much lighter upper body work as you can; even if its just on one side. I would do it after a HIIT session too. Dont go crazy, but enough to stimulate the muscles a bit. Theres studies showing that working even one side of the body can have some carry over to the other side, especially in terms of preservation.
-take something like HMB and maybe even epicatechin for the muscle side of things. forskolin is a great suggestion too for both muscle and fat loss.

I'll think more and get back if I come up with more.
I thought about just working my left side some, but I didn't want to look like an idiot. lol I had never heard that about working one side of the body can help with the other side.

I plan on getting back into the gym as soon as I can stand any movement without a bunch of shoulder pain. Doing legs and cardio, stuff like that.

My left shoulder is giving me some trouble now too, I've been sleeping on it more and using it a lot more, reaching for things across my body weird, trying not to make my other shoulder worse. I'll be getting done Bpc 157 for after surgery and I may use it on the other shoulder as well.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I thought about just working my left side some, but I didn't want to look like an idiot.
Well, you should probably get past this. You're injured and I'm sure people might be able to understand why you're not working out the other side.....

LEATHERFACE

Awards
ok so :

for muscle :

- a lot of protein
- creatine

for your injury :

- fish oil
- 20 gr ( 2x10 a day on empty stomach ) of collagen hydrolyzed type 1
- glycine
- glucosamine

just what I have done in the past and I have been off the gym longer than 4 months because of a injury and didn't lose much muscle, be carefull to not be in deficit calories wise

good luck men

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well, you should probably get past this. You're injured and I'm sure people might be able to understand why you're not working out the other side.....
Mainly because I didn't think it was an actual thing, now that I know it can be beneficial I won't feel stupid. Lol

ManuR

Awards
  • Established
i would prob get some gharine (i would also get cardarine, but im afraid of all the cancer talk)
maybe i would also low-dose osta for its muscle preserving abilities.. (and for its healing abilities which some reviews show)
and i would stop cutting and opt for a recomp or something like this
- forskolin, PA, maybe even some 7-keto

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
i would prob get some gharine (i would also get cardarine, but im afraid of all the cancer talk)
maybe i would also low-dose osta for its muscle preserving abilities.. (and for its healing abilities which some reviews show)
and i would stop cutting and opt for a recomp or something like this
- forskolin, PA, maybe even some 7-keto
I'll be ordering some BPC 157. I am done with MK 677, I bloated like crazy on it. I've wanted to try Cardarine, I had a couple bottles but sold them off. I'd like to try it when I'm completely healthy though if I do.

Forskolin seems to be a good idea, it's been mentioned quite a bit.

It's too bad insurance won't pay for any of this stuff too lol

ManuR

Awards
  • Established
I'll be ordering some BPC 157. I am done with MK 677, I bloated like crazy on it. I've wanted to try Cardarine, I had a couple bottles but sold them off. I'd like to try it when I'm completely healthy though if I do.

Forskolin seems to be a good idea, it's been mentioned quite a bit.

It's too bad insurance won't pay for any of this stuff too lol
was the bloat even there at 10mg daily?
because this dosage should yield results without the bloat (ive read most ppl advice 10mg)

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
was the bloat even there at 10mg daily?
because this dosage should yield results without the bloat (ive read most ppl advice 10mg)
Yes, badly. I used to have a picture, but my hand looked like I had gotten stung by s bee and had a bad allergic reaction. It was so swollen and full of water. My midsection looked like I gained 15 pounds of fat. It eventually started to go away but I don't want to deal with it again. Lol