Is Whey Protein supplementation necessary if you use BCAA's?

TheMaster

TheMaster

Banned
Awards
Looking to save money on supplements and was just wondering if supplementing with a scoop of Whey is necessary if I consume BCAA's during my workout? Wouldn't taking a scoop of Whey post workout just be "overkill" ? I get plenty of protein during the day no problem from whole foods. I use BCAA's during my workouts cause I train fasted early in the morning. I will admit I do love making a shake with a scoop of Protein though for one of my power meals with a bunch of stuff in my blender because they taste better than not using Whey in them.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
honestly it's BCAAs that aren't really necessary. I make myself a egg burrito after workouts (1 whole+2-3 whites or so) eggs have the full amino profile in them already I think. You can get all the aminos you need from real food. Especially if you're bulking. I'll spend the money on a protein blend personally.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you're hitting your daily protein intake, you do not need to use BCAA.

TheMaster

TheMaster

Banned
Awards
honestly it's BCAAs that aren't really necessary. I make myself a egg burrito after workouts (1 whole+2-3 whites or so) eggs have the full amino profile in them already I think. You can get all the aminos you need from real food. Especially if you're bulking. I'll spend the money on a protein blend personally.
Hmm interesting. Well I enjoy BCAA's in my supplementation as they make me feel more focused so I Will continue to use both. But thank you for your input as it is respected and appreciated.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Hmm interesting. Well I enjoy BCAA's in my supplementation as they make me feel more focused so I Will continue to use both. But thank you for your input as it is respected and appreciated.
I enjoy Xtend Perform intra with mine so I get what you mean I'm just saying as for necessary supplement spending whey>aminos.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Looking to save money on supplements and was just wondering if supplementing with a scoop of Whey is necessary if I consume BCAA's during my workout? Wouldn't taking a scoop of Whey post workout just be "overkill" ? I get plenty of protein during the day no problem from whole foods. I use BCAA's during my workouts cause I train fasted early in the morning. I will admit I do love making a shake with a scoop of Protein though for one of my power meals with a bunch of stuff in my blender because they taste better than not using Whey in them.
BCAAs are not proteins. They are a component of a complete protein chain. It is BCAA use that is questionable during workouts if protein intake is adequete.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
BCAAs are not proteins. They are a component of a complete protein chain. It is BCAA use that is questionable during workouts if protein intake is adequete.
/thread

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
100% this right here.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Point, set match

MrHowie

MrHowie

Awards
I don't take sports supplements at all and I would always recommend food over most of them and caffeine for the rest. All you need is food, caffeine and a goal to reach.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
I don't take sports supplements at all and I would always recommend food over most of them and caffeine for the rest. All you need is food, caffeine and a goal to reach.
As soon as you strategically ingest an ingredient (such as caffeine) in order to improve some ergogenic parameter, you are taking a sports supplement :D

MrHowie

MrHowie

Awards
So drinking coffee is a sport supplement? Ok then that's the only one I take

SBIK

Awards
So drinking coffee is a sport supplement? Ok then that's the only one I take
Read the post. If you take coffee to aid your activity then yes. If you dont take supps why are you posting in the supps section?

Blackgoat

Awards
Lol. You're not only using a supp but you're also using a drug. Caffeine... Just sayin'... Lol ��

latinorebel

Awards
Read the post. If you take coffee to aid your activity then yes. If you dont take supps why are you posting in the supps section?
SBIK

HOW ABOUT YOU SEND ME MY CONFIRMATION NUMBER ON THE PACKAGE YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO SEND ME?

I GAVE YOU YOUR $100 GIFT CARD ON EVOMUSE.

WHY ARE YOU AVOIDING MY MESSAGES ALL OF SUDDEN?

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Alot of open dialogue around about BCAA supplementation. I do use shakes but also take a BCAA intra.

Something to "liven" up my water BUT for me personally I feel better, may be placebo but heck...