X-Gels almost 6 months expired- help?

kpeaceoutbye

Awards
  • Established
I have 3 bottles of X-Gels, two of which are unopened and one is already opened.

The expiration date says 12/2015 making them 6 months expired.

I prob won't use them until next month, but they have always been stored properly.

If I plan to use the 1.5g/training day dosage, would they still be good and have the desired effects?

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If they've been stored properly, then yes should be good to go

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Stored properly, studies have shown that supplements can be totally fine even after 2 years past the expiration date. If the bottle was opened (but stored properly), 1 year past the expiration date.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Stored properly, studies have shown that supplements can be totally fine even after 2 years past the expiration date. If the bottle was opened (but stored properly), 1 year past the expiration date.
What about if they're unopened but stored improperly

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If they've been stored properly, then yes should be good to go
^^^ This. I'd say you're good to go. Worst case scenario they won't be as strong but i think you'll be just fine.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
What studies? Each ingredient has a different shelf life, so I can't imagine a study actually showing this conclusively.

Also, OP you should be fine.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What studies? Each ingredient has a different shelf life, so I can't imagine a study actually showing this conclusively.

Also, OP you should be fine.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16721796 --> is an easy one to find that comes to mind

Agreed with your point, but for the most part, I'm not that worried. If you have something that expired, you might as well try using it instead of not using it.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16721796 --> is an easy one to find that comes to mind

Agreed with your point, but for the most part, I'm not that worried. If you have something that expired, you might as well try using it instead of not using it.
Not hating on you or anything but what a stupid study...

"Due to the lot-to-lot variability, the stability and quality of extended drug products can only be assured by periodic testing and systematic evaluation of each lot."

Basically, no promises at all but in our one test run it showed they can be okay

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, once again, at least there's some evidence that shows that supplements "can be fine" after the expiration date, and if I spent my money on supplements, I'm probably going to use them anyway even if they're less effective.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would use them !!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Crack one open. You'll know if they're good or the oil has gone bad by the smell alone ha.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Well, once again, at least there's some evidence that shows that supplements "can be fine" after the expiration date, and if I spent my money on supplements, I'm probably going to use them anyway even if they're less effective.
Yeah I'm the same way. Just found it funny that their study showed their results but wanted to cover their ass so they're like "may vary" at the wnd

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm Cheap !!!