Boost: Alphamax XT vs Viron

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looking at these two hard for an overall boost, nothing crazy.

Go!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Both products are have gotten good feedback on the forums from what I've seen. I agree with alvin above though, Alphamax XT is a more complete product. Alphamax XT contains Eurycoma Longifolia (Long Jack) that is the main ingredient used in Viron. In addition, Alphamax XT contains L-Dopa and Stinging Nettle that will help increase natural test. It also contains an AI to help keep cortisol and estrogen levels in check. Alphamax XT also contains forskolin, which has been studied to help increase lean body mass and decrease fat mass. Its a very comprehensive product that hits muscle gain and hormone optimization from different angles. I think Alphamax XT would be a great choice to give you the boost you're looking for, as well as give you some other additional benefits

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Out of the two alphamax xt definitely has a more solid profile but both at top otc test boosting products.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alphamax XT also contains Boron, the other ingredient in Viron. So like John mentioned above, Alphamax XT is more complete with all the additions.

moosemanry

moosemanry

Awards
I'm an Alphamax man all the way. Prob will take it for life even if I cycle off all my supps I'll always have it in my arsenal for sure.

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I guess it also depends on the difference between the two Eurycoma Longifolia extracts. Any information about the one which is used for Viron? Alphamax includes a standard 200:1 according to Priceplow

slicer89

slicer89

Awards
  • Established
Im taking Viron right now and absolutely loving it. Never have tried the other product but what makes a product "exceptional" is all really relative.

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I guess it also depends on the difference between the two Eurycoma Longifolia extracts. Any information about the one which is used for Viron? Alphamax includes a standard 200:1 according to Priceplow
I have tried the two. I noticed greater libido increases and hightened sensations when on viron. May have had a greater drying out effect while on alphamax og and xt moreso the OG. Suppose it depends on what youre looking for. For the traditional test boosting effects id go for viron

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm an Alphamax man all the way. Prob will take it for life even if I cycle off all my supps I'll always have it in my arsenal for sure.
We appreciate the kind words, but make sure you cycle off!

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
've run both. It really depends on what your reason for purchasing them are.

If you are looking for strictly a libido boost, for me, hands down Viron wins.
Its hard to top 500mg of EURYCOMA LONGIFOLIA in a 2 cap serving.
No OTC Supplement has effected my libido like Viron.

If your looking for extra edge in the gym, you can't go wrong with either product.

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks, guys. Yes, just looking for an extra edge. I ran testruction, but felt something suppressed a bit too much. LIbido seemed to drop after a few days. I may run that again. So I need to see where my E2 is at; typically in older tests was was a bit low normal, so maybe I'm lucky and just dropped it too much. So that makes me a bit weary of Alphamax XT.

That said, I'm willing to try it. I just ordered some Viron. Will order some Alphamax XT too.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Thanks, guys. Yes, just looking for an extra edge. I ran testruction, but felt something suppressed a bit too much. LIbido seemed to drop after a few days. I may run that again. So I need to see where my E2 is at; typically in older tests was was a bit low normal, so maybe I'm lucky and just dropped it too much. So that makes me a bit weary of Alphamax XT.

That said, I'm willing to try it. I just ordered some Viron. Will order some Alphamax XT too.
just don't stack the two, we recommend against it. try out Viron for the duration than take a small break and switch to alphamax xt! The products have overlapping ingredients and stacking them is not optimal. Good choice on trying out two great products though!

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Quads_of_Stee please make some room in your inbox good sir.

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, I definitely will not stack the two. I ordered the XT also, so I'll try them both. Thanks for all of the suggestions.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Viron is better than the OG AlphaMax, but AlphaMax XT has a superior profile then both. Definitely go with AlphaMax XT. It is very tough to find a more complete test booster.

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Got both, still unsure which to try first. I've been e2 sensitive in the past. Too much TA had an adverse effect before and I think AI's can shut me down a bit, too.

Read a few threads where it was recommended to run an AI with Viron. But wonder if the AI formula in Alphamax XT will have a negative impact on me. I had to stop Testruction after 2weeks as libido seemed to lower, but maybe that was due to other things.

Thoughts?

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alpha Max XT for sure

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Got both, still unsure which to try first. I've been e2 sensitive in the past. Too much TA had an adverse effect before and I think AI's can shut me down a bit, too.

Read a few threads where it was recommended to run an AI with Viron. But wonder if the AI formula in Alphamax XT will have a negative impact on me. I had to stop Testruction after 2weeks as libido seemed to lower, but maybe that was due to other things.

Thoughts?
the ai isn't an extreme dosage in alphamax xt. Its enough to see an effect but nothing super crazy. You should be good to use it!

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I went with the AXT. Yesterday was my second day and night. It was hard to sleep and my heart rate was up quite a bit. Had to take a trazadone to get to sleep, which isn't my preference.

Took first dose at 8am and second at 2:30pm both days. Same thing both nights.

This has happened before with test boosters. I get warm at night, can't sleep quickly, have to take sleep aid.

When I ran OL LJ100, it seemed to only happen for a few nights, then went away. This is also one of the reasons I had to quit Testruction.

Saw a recent AXT thread where another forumite HellAtlantic had trouble getting to sleep, but he never followed up after.

Does this happen to anyone else? And why does this happen to some people with boosters?

Should I lower the dose to 2 or 3 caps and see how that goes?

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
So I went with the AXT. Yesterday was my second day and night. It was hard to sleep and my heart rate was up quite a bit. Had to take a trazadone to get to sleep, which isn't my preference.

Took first dose at 8am and second at 2:30pm both days. Same thing both nights.

This has happened before with test boosters. I get warm at night, can't sleep quickly, have to take sleep aid.

When u ran OL LJ100, it seemed to only happen for a few nights, then went away. This is also one of the reasons I had to quit Testruction.

Saw a recent AXT thread where another forumite had trouble getting to sleep, but he never followed up after.

Does this happen to anyone else? And why does this happen to some people with boosters?

Should I lower the dose to 2 or 3 caps and see how that goes?
You're the first person I've heard of this happening too. What time to you usually go to bed?
You could lower the dosage, but the problem with that is you aren't getting the full dosages of ingredients we included
I know that some people had slight trouble falling asleep when first starting but it subsided very fast muscleupcrohn

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
I had some trouble sleeping with quality Eurycoma Longifolia products (LJ100, AlivEL). Also, L-DOPA makes it difficult for some people to sleep as well. I would just move your evening dose up a few hours and see how that feels. Maybe toss in some melatonin pre-bed. When I moved my dosing up and added 1-3mg melatonin all was well.

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You're the first person I've heard of this happening too. What time to you usually go to bed?
You could lower the dosage, but the problem with that is you aren't getting the full dosages of ingredients we included
I know that some people had slight trouble falling asleep when first starting but it subsided very fast muscleupcrohn
Thanks for the reply. I misstated the question: Should I lower these dose to 2-3 caps in the morning for a few days to "ramp up" THEN add the 4th cap a few days later? Has anyone ever tried this approach with other OTC boosters if and when they've experienced similar effects? I think I did this with LJ100 and if I recall correctly, that seemed to work.

Also, does anyone know why some OTC boosters have the difficulty sleeping/warm body effects that they do? I've experienced this on several OTC boosters over the years like Activate Xtreme/Triazole, Testruction, etc. It appears HellAtlantic also had a bit of difficulty sleeping the first night on AXT. Maybe some of us are prone to it for some reason, but I'd like to understand why.

Cheers!

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had some trouble sleeping with quality Eurycoma Longifolia products (LJ100, AlivEL). Also, L-DOPA makes it difficult for some people to sleep as well. I would just move your evening dose up a few hours and see how that feels. Maybe toss in some melatonin pre-bed. When I moved my dosing up and added 1-3mg melatonin all was well.
Thanks. Yeah, I took the second dose of two caps at 2:30pm yesterday, so it wasn't near bed time. I also took 3mg of Melatonin PLUS Trazadone. The Melatonin didn't do it, so I used a prescription pill, which I don't like taking unless necessary. I agree, maybe it's just the effect a good TKA product has on me and a few others.

HellAtlantic

HellAtlantic

Awards
  • Established
I should add a lot of the difficulty I had in going to sleep was my libido increases and I couldn't go to sleep cuz I was thinking about sex a ton. I moved my last dose to earlier in the evening and that seemed to take care of my sleep difficulties.

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I should add a lot of the difficulty I had in going to sleep was my libido increases and I couldn't go to sleep cuz I was thinking about sex a ton. I moved my last dose to earlier in the evening and that seemed to take care of my sleep difficulties.
Great to hear. How far are you into your run and when are you taking your doses? Cheers!

HellAtlantic

HellAtlantic

Awards
  • Established
I'm on the 4 week hiatus (8 week on, 4 off), due to end in about 2 weeks. Wanted to time it perfectly so that my next 8 month run lasts for all of summer lol

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm on the 4 week hiatus (8 week on, 4 off), due to end in about 2 weeks. Wanted to time it perfectly so that my next 8 month run lasts for all of summer lol
Ah, so did you have a successful run on AXT and was that for 4 weeks?

HellAtlantic

HellAtlantic

Awards
  • Established
Yes, I would call it succesful. I initially got 4 week supply but halfway thru I picked up a second bottle. Libido up and hair on back of my arms and on back grew, traditionally for me those were pretty much tiny hair/no hair areas. Hair growth on the body is a sign of increased testosterone. Also my facial hair grew very quickly. As far as body musculature goes I also take creatine mono so it's hard to pinpoint what effect alphamax had - my body aesthetically has only gotten better as well as increased strength so nothing went backwards. I just wanted alphamax for the libido boost, anything above that was a bonus. I always say if you're not getting worse then that means you're getting better. I would and am gonna take it again. Waiting for a nice sale too.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It seems that some people react this way to high quality tongkat Ali initially, but it typically subsides quickly with continued use. Similarly, I recall Danes saying that ashwagandha made him very tired for a few days when he first started taking it, then it didn't make him tired anymore after that.

I suppose if you didn't want to just keep the dosing the same and try to wait it out, you could just do 2 in the AM and 1 later; see if that still gives you problems. If it doesn't, just do that for a day or two, then try the 2 and 2 again to see if you've adapted to it yet (similar things can happen with a lot of adaptogens; ashwagandha, tongkat Ali, Schisandra, etc). Or you could try taking some tryptophan before bed. I find that it really helps me get to sleep.

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
HellAtlantic or anyone...

I still had a bit trouble sleeping last night from 3 caps of AXT yesterday morning. Had to take another Trazadone to get to sleep and now feeling the Trazadone hangover: ha! ...Let me ask you, how long before the effects of AXT took place, i.e. "alpha" feeling, aggression, libido? I took Viron this past Monday and I felt it's effects immediately: very alpha and aggressive. Though AXT is a more complete product, I felt the Viron immediately. So, just curious the collective experience is for AXT to kick in. Mind you, it's only been 3 days, but again, felt the Viron immediately.

Cheers!

HellAtlantic

HellAtlantic

Awards
  • Established
Most of the alphamax threads will show that it really starts to kick in after week 2. Not every pill/supplement is gonna knock you off your feet. Like alphamax is also supposed to help with fat loss cuz of forksolin but I didn't really see much of that, like I said I just wanted a libido boost and anything above that was a bonus. I'll check out viron too if you say you saw immediate strong effects. Always on the lookout for that extra edge.

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Most of the alphamax threads will show that it really starts to kick in after week 2. Not every pill/supplement is gonna knock you off your feet. Like alphamax is also supposed to help with fat loss cuz of forksolin but I didn't really see much of that, like I said I just wanted a libido boost and anything above that was a bonus. I'll check out viron too if you say you saw immediate strong effects. Always on the lookout for that extra edge.
Cheers. ...Yes, for me, Viron at one capsule on the first day had me very aggressive; I had to tell myself to calm down.

HellAtlantic

HellAtlantic

Awards
  • Established
Also keep in mind these are all natural supplements. They're herbs in a capsule. You have to temper your expectations, if you want hard and fast results you'd have to take steroids or prohormones.

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also keep in mind these are all natural supplements. They're herbs in a capsule. You have to temper your expectations, if you want hard and fast results you'd have to take steroids or prohormones.
So true. Maybe my immediate response from Viron was placebo. Cheers!

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So true. Maybe my immediate response from Viron was placebo. Cheers!
Actually because Viron is dosed @ 250mg per capsule. if you take it twice a day, effects can be noticed in less then a week.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
HellAtlantic or anyone...

I still had a bit trouble sleeping last night from 3 caps of AXT yesterday morning. Had to take another Trazadone to get to sleep and now feeling the Trazadone hangover: ha! ...Let me ask you, how long before the effects of AXT took place, i.e. "alpha" feeling, aggression, libido? I took Viron this past Monday and I felt it's effects immediately: very alpha and aggressive. Though AXT is a more complete product, I felt the Viron immediately. So, just curious the collective experience is for AXT to kick in. Mind you, it's only been 3 days, but again, felt the Viron immediately.

Cheers!
I felt some increases in libido around the second week, but Alphamax XT really kicked in for me during the 3rd and 4th weeks. If you're running a full 8 week cycle, you should really feel it working once you move into the second month. As HellAtlantic noted, it is a natural product. The effects won't be immediate and it isn't typically a profound night and day difference. You should notice improvements in strength, recovery, and libido though that are quite prominent considering its a natural product

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I will be doing a full 8 week log in the new alphamax in a couple of weeks. It will be interesting being an older individual (but not that old haha) and seeing what kind of benefit those 35 and older might see.

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Actually because Viron is dosed @ 250mg per capsule. if you take it twice a day, effects can be noticed in less then a week.
Good to know. I have the Viron and plan to run it after a break from AMXT. I also read a few folks recommended running an AI with it; does it increase E2 or why would that be?

I felt some increases in libido around the second week, but Alphamax XT really kicked in for me during the 3rd and 4th weeks. If you're running a full 8 week cycle, you should really feel it working once you move into the second month. As HellAtlantic noted, it is a natural product. The effects won't be immediate and it isn't typically a profound night and day difference. You should notice improvements in strength, recovery, and libido though that are quite prominent considering its a natural product
Got it and makes perfect sense. Will see...I've not run anything for 8 weeks, so that will be a game time decision toward the end of that 4th week. Wonder if I could run the Viron right after the AMXT...

I will be doing a full 8 week log in the new alphamax in a couple of weeks. It will be interesting being an older individual (but not that old haha) and seeing what kind of benefit those 35 and older might see.
I'm in that crowd, so let us know when you get that log up. Thanks!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good to know. I have the Viron and plan to run it after a break from AMXT. I also read a few folks recommended running an AI with it; does it increase E2 or why would that be?

Got it and makes perfect sense. Will see...I've not run anything for 8 weeks, so that will be a game time decision toward the end of that 4th week. Wonder if I could run the Viron right after the AMXT...

I'm in that crowd, so let us know when you get that log up. Thanks!
Both AlphaMax XT and Viron have tongkat ali. Some people like to cycle tongkat in a 5/2 day scheme, but most research doesn't. Some studies dose daily for a few weeks, but I have seen studies that have used a daily dose for up to 12 weeks at a good dose (300mg Physta). I wouldn't run tongkat ali for more than 12 weeks though.

Physta is standardized to ~1% eurycomanone, while the tongkat ali in AlphaMax XT is standardized for 2%, and provides 300mg/day, so it's quite an effective dose. If you do decide to run the two back to back, I wouldn't exceed 12 weeks of tongkat use without taking a break.

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Both AlphaMax XT and Viron have tongkat ali. Some people like to cycle tongkat in a 5/2 day scheme, but most research doesn't. Some studies dose daily for a few weeks, but I have seen studies that have used a daily dose for up to 12 weeks at a good dose (300mg Physta). I wouldn't run tongkat ali for more than 12 weeks though.

Physta is standardized to ~1% eurycomanone, while the tongkat ali in AlphaMax XT is standardized for 2%, and provides 300mg/day, so it's quite an effective dose. If you do decide to run the two back to back, I wouldn't exceed 12 weeks of tongkat use without taking a break.
Is the Alphamax XT 100:1 or 200:1 TKA?

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So today is my 8th day on Alphamax XT. Since I've started, I've noticed that I'm urinating more frequently, but especially at night. Nothing else in my diet has changed. Has this happened to anyone else before on an OTC booster? It's not a huge issue, but I did get up about 3 times last night to go to the bathroom. That's not normal.

Any feedback or experiences are appreciated.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
So today is my 8th day on Alphamax XT. Since I've started, I've noticed that I'm urinating more frequently, but especially at night. Nothing else in my diet has changed. Has this happened to anyone else before on an OTC booster? It's not a huge issue, but I did get up about 3 times last night to go to the bathroom. That's not normal.

when taking an anti-estrogen it's common to have a dehydrating effect

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I've never had that issue. Even with the drying out effect of an AI, it should not make you urinate more. Are you consuming more water later in the day?

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It may be different in everyone and may come down to the amount of SubQ water you hold in general but ive noticed this during the first part of when an AI kicks in, i tend to urinate a bit more and dry up, subq water drops and I start to look a bit harder. Again this could depend on the amount of water you hold in general, someone like Anthony or Spencer may not noticed this as much as they are already very lean.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It may be different in everyone and may come down to the amount of SubQ water you hold in general but ive noticed this during the first part of when an AI kicks in, i tend to urinate a bit more and dry up, subq water drops and I start to look a bit harder. Again this could depend on the amount of water you hold in general, someone like Anthony or Spencer may not noticed this as much as they are already very lean.
I've noticed a slightly "drier" look with AlphaMax XT, but I don't really hold a lot of water to begin with.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
I usually drink 2gallons of water a day (work right next to water bottle refilling station) due to "boredom drinking" and do notice more frequent urination personally.

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for all of the feedback, gents. I've never noticed it from an OTC booster before, but maybe once when I was on Triazole back in 2011, I recall having a bit of a frequency issue. I'll monitor it. I don't drink anything past 8pm, so not sure. I