best anti cortisol supplent in 2016

ninez87

Awards
Hi what is best cortisol supplement in 2016?
already taking vit c,rodiola , ashwagandha need something really powerfull , im doing very stressfull job with severe multitasking.
Thanks

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
7-keto DHEA is the best bet if not going the full hormonal route (where 11-kt would be the best bet then)

Formutech Nutrition offers it in their "Youth" product

ninez87

Awards
hi 7-keto DHEA or 11-kt can be taken everyday(this one with cortisol purpose not anabolic gainz) ?

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
hi 7-keto DHEA or 11-kt can be taken everyday(this one with cortisol purpose not anabolic gainz) ?
7-keto DHEA can be taken for a long time, then a break is suggested (~12 weeks is a great cycle length). 11-kt should not be used for extended periods of time, and would require a PCT

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Hi what is best cortisol supplement in 2016?
already taking vit c,rodiola , ashwagandha need something really powerfull , im doing very stressfull job with severe multitasking.
Thanks
What is severe multitasking? Sounds dangerous.

Look into Reduce XT, OP. I might say though, using that many cortisol control products won't make you feel less stressed out, so dont try use everything under the sun

CallItKarma

CallItKarma

Awards
I'm only a week into Iron Legion's Invictus, so I can't really comment on its efficacy right now - but on paper it looks awesome, and there are a few promising logs.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm only a week into Iron Legion's Invictus, so I can't really comment on its efficacy right now - but on paper it looks awesome, and there are a few promising logs.
Running it via unsponsored. Weeks 2-3 are when it really kicks in. Does everything it should and nothing it doesn't :)

ninez87

Awards
haha job things
thanks for help , can be used everyday or needed to be cycled ?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
AlphaMax XT - 600mg of ashwagandha and 100mg of DHAA a pretty powerful AI. The product is more than just a cortisol control product. If you want something that provides more than just cortisol support, check it out.

alphagainz

alphagainz

Head of Alpha Gainz
Awards
I'll throw in another vote for Invictus.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Pec.Major

Awards
  • Established
What is the benefits with anti cortisol products?

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What is the benefits with anti cortisol products?
Stress can have a profound, and often negative, impact on the body.

High levels of stress hormones can have many side effects, some include (off the top of my head):

Increased inflammation
impacts on blood sugar
increased fat storage
catabolism - loss of muscle
sleep issues
reduced immune response
lowered libido
Cholesterol imbalance
...etc

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Stress can have a profound, and often negative, impact on the body.

High levels of stress hormones can have many side effects, some include (off the top of my head):

Increased inflammation
impacts on blood sugar
increased fat storage
catabolism - loss of muscle
sleep issues
reduced immune response
lowered libido
Cholesterol imbalance
...etc
and the part that sucks most for dieters --> Hunger Cravings

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
yeah, killing the cravings is huge!

And, generally our cutting protocols (intense training, stimulants, diets - limiting calories and carbs) cause massive spikes in cortisol.

Pec.Major

Awards
  • Established
yeah, killing the cravings is huge!

And, generally our cutting protocols (intense training, stimulants, diets - limiting calories and carbs) cause massive spikes in cortisol.
Reduce XT good product then?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Don't forget evomuse ammo and good old PS

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm currently really liking my go at Invictus. I've not used Reduce XT, so I can't comment...but, it has a solid history and SNS is known to make solid products!

my old school go to was a stack of relora and ashwagandha.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yep! Non biased haha. I'd say Reduce XT, EvoMuse Ammo, and IL VII-KT (if you don't mind transdermals. It's almost like a slightly oily rubbing alcohol) are in the top 3.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Same as in 2015. PS or for your money, oly labs vitality.

kdubson14

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone know of a phosphatidylserine product that utilizes SerinAid or Sharp-PS at a 50% concentration or higher? Other than MPA Cortisolve ofc

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does anyone know of a phosphatidylserine product that utilizes SerinAid or Sharp-PS at a 50% concentration or higher? Other than MPA Cortisolve ofc
There are some standalone PS supplements that fit the bill.

$0.89 per 400mg PS (from Sharp-PS) is the cheapest I see now, but it's on sale frequently.

Edit: not sure if it's 50%. Why does that matter to you?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There are some standalone PS supplements that fit the bill.

$0.89 per 400mg PS (from Sharp-PS) is the cheapest I see now, but it's on sale frequently.

Edit: not sure if it's 50%. Why does that matter to you?
What I was going to ask.

Seriously, vitality on sale for $4.99 and you get 30 days of PS, creatine, and betaine. No brainer.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What I was going to ask.

Seriously, vitality on sale for $4.99 and you get 30 days of PS, creatine, and betaine. No brainer.
Great price for sure, but I could see people not wanting extra creatine and/or betaine if they're already taking something that has them both (Triumph, PowerMax/CreMax XT, Ergonine, Finish Line, etc). I suppose you could always split the dose and it wouldn't be as much of an issue (5g betaine at once).

kdubson14

Awards
  • Established
I don't want any more creatine or betaine. Nor do I want to drink it.

I'd prefer a higher standardized % to decrease consumption of other phospholipids

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't want any more creatine or betaine. Nor do I want to drink it.

I'd prefer a higher standardized % to decrease consumption of other phospholipids
What's wrong with the small amount of other phospholipids you'd be getting? PC, PA, etc have benefits of their own, not that you'd be getting anywhere near enough to actually do anything.

kdubson14

Awards
  • Established
I take a large amount of SL, Mediator, etc. I will cut fat from where I can.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I take a large amount of SL, Mediator, etc. I will cut fat from where I can.
How much PS do you plan on taking? Even if it's 800mg, you're looking at an extra 2.4g total between a 50% and 20% source (4g total with 20% vs 1.6g total with 50%). Is your diet that tight?

NutraChem

NutraChem

Awards
MPA cortisolve bc it tastes like hot coco and I'm in prep lol
I guess it beats taking 10-11 lecithin caps a day. Plus coco flavor too?! I'm sold, lol. :p

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Another vote for SNS REDUCE XT. It's been a forum favorite to address cortisol and is used by many respected members.

NutraChem

NutraChem

Awards
Look into reduce XT
Woody is correct, 7-OH-DHEA is a potent cort antagonist. It's not as potent as AET but it's more versatile for sure. If you were going to use only 1 ingredient for cort control, this would be a strong contender to consider!

It appears that SNS sells the racemic version, which proves to be the best version of this molecule IME. ;)

NutraChem

NutraChem

Awards
This. Noticed a lot of overall benefits from Ashwagandha when I started it.
Ashwagandha is great! I've even come to like the smell, lol.

But it has to be cycled because tolerance develops fairly quickly. It's also somewhat sedative, so it's best taken at night when cortisol isn't really a problem anyway. That makes it less versatile than PS and DHEA metabolites IMO, at least for normal daytime use.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ashwagandha is great! I've even come to like the smell, lol.

But it has to be cycled because tolerance develops fairly quickly. It's also somewhat sedative, so it's best taken at night when cortisol isn't really a problem anyway. That makes it less versatile than PS and DHEA metabolites IMO, at least for normal daytime use.
Many studies notice nice benefits after 12 weeks of daily use. Perhaps you may find that the subjective effects are subject to faster tolerance, but many benefits should persist with continued use.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Many studies notice nice benefits after 12 weeks of daily use. Perhaps you may find that the subjective effects are subject to faster tolerance, but many benefits should persist with continued use.
This, and many people don't find it as a sedative so daytime use is well tolerated. I happen to be one that prefers to take it with my morning supps and again mid afternoon.

NutraChem

NutraChem

Awards
Yes, kisaj and yourself may be correct! You both are clearly intelligent and experienced with these ingredients. ;)

But more likely, I suspect it's an issue of idiosyncrasy. I've done a lot of bloodwork over the years and I didn't experience subjective effects or lab results that suggested anything close to 12wk efficacy. And in general, it doesn't appear uncommon that people have their favorite adaptogens for good reason (based on their individual metabolism and HPTA dynamics.)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It's been said a few times but reduce xt is pretty much the gold standard. Has been and still is

ninez87

Awards
I found an bottle of Absolutely Abliderated-EvoMuse( 7-OXO DHEA inside) , first dose I feel less stressed already
Thanks to all for help

flexathron

Awards
Does somebody know how long you can run reduce xt ?

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I found an bottle of Absolutely Abliderated-EvoMuse( 7-OXO DHEA inside) , first dose I feel less stressed already
Thanks to all for help
Interesting...because it shouldn't be systemic.