X-Gels and strep throat

moosemanry

moosemanry

Awards
I went to Dr. yesterday and I have strep throat. He told me to rest as much as possible and put me out of work for a few days. If I miss workouts should I take X-Gels anyway? I'm still taking Alphamax and SL and drinking protein. I'm for sure skipping today's workout and may miss Thursdays. Thanks for the help.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do not take anything that will cause inflammation if you have strep. Do not take ARA until your infection is gone.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Do not take anything that will cause inflammation if you have strep. Do not take ARA until your infection is gone.
this. Omega-6 fatty acids / ArA increase the body's inflammation and could potentially make it worse.

moosemanry

moosemanry

Awards
Ok. I'll skip the X-Gels for few days. I was just worried about losing saturation but I guess it would be not nothing if I cant workout. Thanks for the quick responses.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Make sure to rest, truly rest. Strep takes time to get better from.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I wouldn't be too keen on lifting weights while on Anti-Biotics - some of them (especially fluoroquinolones) can do nasty things to muscle, joint and connective tissue. Take a break - you'll lose almost nothing (if anything at all).

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I went to Dr. yesterday and I have strep throat. He told me to rest as much as possible and put me out of work for a few days. If I miss workouts should I take X-Gels anyway? I'm still taking Alphamax and SL and drinking protein. I'm for sure skipping today's workout and may miss Thursdays. Thanks for the help.
Lay off the supps and workouts man, give your body time to heal properly and then hop back on ArA. The X Gels will be waiting when you're recovered.

moosemanry

moosemanry

Awards
I don't think I could workout if I wanted to lol. I'm wiped out. Definitely gonna rest for few days and let my body fight this off. Thanks for all the help.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just get better then start the x gels is my two cents.