Yohimbine vs DMAA. What is the difference?

TheMaster

TheMaster

Banned
Awards
For those that have taken both in a pre that has caffeine, name the difference in effect when taking one with Yohimbine vs. DMAA.

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established
yohimbine has never given me energy. On the other hand DMAA jacks me up.

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yohimbe is extra energy and a little bit of an "edgy" type feeling.

DMAA is more tunnel vision focus, and a slight euphoric feeling.

Of the two, I tend to prefer DMAA.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
DMAA is more pure energy for me whereas yohimbine gives me an awake feeling. I would much rather take 7.5mg TA2-Max (rauwscoline product from performax labs) than DMAA preworkout

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DMAA is a neural stimulant specifically going to aid in performance in the pre-workout setting. Stuff gets you psyched, hyped, focused, and literally will have to force yourself to leave the gym.

Yohimbine, a stimulant also, but mainly used for fat loss, and not going to aid much in performance. Also high possibility of negative side effects (anxiety, shakes, etc).

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DMAA is more pure energy for me whereas yohimbine gives me an awake feeling. I would much rather take 7.5mg TA2-Max (rauwscoline product from performax labs) than DMAA preworkout
Nice plug

TheMaster

TheMaster

Banned
Awards
DMAA is a neural stimulant specifically going to aid in performance in the pre-workout setting. Stuff gets you psyched, hyped, focused, and literally will have to force yourself to leave the gym.

Yohimbine, a stimulant also, but mainly used for fat loss, and not going to aid much in performance. Also high possibility of negative side effects (anxiety, shakes, etc).
Yeah not a real big fan of Yohimbine and the weirdness it makes you feel. Almost as if you are afraid of your own skin if you take too much of it. I've even caught myself a couple times looking at myself in the mirror and thinking my face was changing and I had **** crawling on me.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah not a real big fan of Yohimbine and the weirdness it makes you feel. Almost as if you are afraid of your own skin if you take too much of it. I've even caught myself a couple times looking at myself in the mirror and thinking my face was changing and I had **** crawling on me.
You're not alone with that feeling.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah and how about when you feel like your heart is skipping a beat after an intense workout? Sometimes during actually.
Pry not the best, lol.

What kind of dose were you using? And probably alongside caffeine?

bashar

bashar

Awards
  • Established
Yohimbine is great for the pump! It gets my veins jacked...

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe the following is also true:

Yohimbine is an alpha-2 adrenergic receptor antagonist.

DMAA is a beta-2 adrenergic receptor antagonist.

Different receptors effect different adipose tissue.

TheMaster

TheMaster

Banned
Awards
Pry not the best, lol.

What kind of dose were you using? And probably alongside caffeine?
It always was when I started using it for the first time or after a long lay off of not using it. From what I hear its normal but its just not a very pleasant feeling when it hits you extremely hard. I usually would take a scoop and a half of Alphamine.

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How about the safety of DMAA?
Safe for individuals without a history of cardiovascular problems or high blood pressure.

Studies show it won't affect BP when doses are less than 75mg.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Safe for individuals without a history of cardiovascular problems or high blood pressure.

Studies show it won't affect BP when doses are less than 75mg.
Got links to DMAA studies? PM me if you don't want to clutter the thread. I've never used/studied this compound.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It always was when I started using it for the first time or after a long lay off of not using it. From what I hear its normal but its just not a very pleasant feeling when it hits you extremely hard. I usually would take a scoop and a half of Alphamine.
Y just has negative effects in certain individuals over others. Some can dose it without any issues.

Not sure if you've tried, but you may benefit from alpha-y or rauwolscine

TheMaster

TheMaster

Banned
Awards
Y just has negative effects in certain individuals over others. Some can dose it without any issues.

Not sure if you've tried, but you may benefit from alpha-y or rauwolscine
Thank you for the advice! I will research those two and see which one I like better.

Y also has made me very irritable and grumpy post workout.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you for the advice! I will research those two and see which one I like better.

Y also has made me very irritable and grumpy post workout.
Yeah, another side effect.

You respond very poorly to Y (which again, most do).

For sure look into one of the other two I mentioned.

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Got links to DMAA studies? PM me if you don't want to clutter the thread. I've never used/studied this compound.
Here you go!

Bloomer, RJ, et. al; “Effects of 1,3-dimethylamylamine and caffeine alone or in combination on heart rate and blood pressure in healthy men and women“; The Physician and Sportsmedicine; September 2011
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22030947

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What's the difference? Do you want to set PRs and love your training or feel like death-warmed over? That's my question to you.

No one else here gets stim dick from Dmaa ?
DMAA Stim-dick Crew checking in. Only downside, aside from building a rapid tolerance to it. So I keep it around for very select days when I need to let the beast out. Took a little today actually after the worst sleep I've had in months (just a couple 2 hour naps) before a heavy session and end up setting 3 rep PRs. It's so good, it's worth stim-dick for a few hours easily. In fact, all of the best deadlifts of my life were on DMAA. And I don't think I'd have the gas for sex after that anyway

Yohimbe I'm definitely allergic to. Even very small doses have me sweating profusely, chills, salivating, rapid heartbeat, anxiety, weak AF. Absolutely feels like training with a bad fever. BUT it does seems to speed fat loss (I've given it many chances from lots of brands) and getting a great boner is effortless on it. Bloodflow factor can't be denied. BUT I feel so bad on it I can't even have sex due to my heartrate lol

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Yohimbine makes me feel like I'm getting the flu..DMAA is freaking amazing

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Yohimbe does make me feel like I have a temporary flu too. I would wear a sweater during summer if I take it and just get the chills for hours. Some instances I take it accidentally cause I didn't know it was in a pre, that's when my workout goes downhill fast.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just started using dmaa again after almost 2 years without it. It's amazing and has way less sides than Y. I can't workout after taking an effective dose of Y. DMAA FTW

dukes3577

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I did and haven't done it again! I think that was the scariest time in my life being that young and not knowing why my junk stopped working.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I use Yohimbine HCL powder as a replacement for Stevia/Monk Fruit in Coffee. Nah, but my DA-20 Milligram Scale has a 0.15cc scoop at 40mg - so that's what I dump in with the CAF and E-HCL. You guys get sick from Y-HCL? Bummer. I see the two as having different goals: DMAA as a "LET'S LIFT!!!!!", and Y-HCL as an a2 antagonist to help some with fat loss.

TheMaster

TheMaster

Banned
Awards
Well I took half a scoop of Mesomorph this morning and it felt good but I didn't feel cracked out like I have with other pre workouts that have Yohimbine in it and high caffeine contents. This was my first time using a product containing DMAA.

So tomorrow I Will do a full scoop.

I felt focused on this pre workout and just postive the entire time I was in the gym. My endurance was very high as well and strength was solid. Slight Euphoric feeling and I know that if I take a full scoop I'm sure I will feel that even more. Mesomorph is a great pre workout. At a full scoop dosage I definitely will be breaking some PR's on this stuff.

TheMaster

TheMaster

Banned
Awards
Tried DMAA for the first time this morning. No negative side effects whatsoever.

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yohimbine when combined with caffeine and isn't overdosed gives me energy, mood elevation, enhanced vascularity,
libido boost and good erection ;) DMAA when combined with caffeine gives me energy, great focus, enhanced stamina,
sense of feeling stronger, and depending how much is in the supplement it can cause some erection issues right after
training which is why sex usually isn't what you want have right after your workout using DMAA and for me in that sense
Yohimbine after a workout doesn't cause that issue but overall I respond well to BOTH supplements but I don't recommend
using either of them everyday so I rotate things around each and every workout and have been doing this for years and it's
worked GREAT for me.:)

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Very different. DMAA is a stimulant that provides a lot of energy. I love Yohimbine in small, small doses that I can tolerate. Always keep a bottle of SNS YHCL for when I want to use it.

DMAA is like a kick in the face of energy.
Yohimbine makes me warm and doesn't provide that massive kick up in energy

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is my honest opinion and I hope it doesn't happen, but I can see yohimbine being banned in the next 3-5 years.

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
Have used a lot of both Yohimbine HCL is stronger much stronger than DMAA both need Caffeine or are fairly weak

Y-HCL at 15-20mg is significantly stronger energy wise than even 70mg of 1,3

Not that you cannot use both have used 5-10mg of Yohimbine HCL or even 25mg Ephedrine with 50mg 1,3

The down side of course is the potential sides from Yohimbine on anxiety( Have not had Y raise my blood pressure have had ephedrine raise my blood pressure ), at an appropriate dose given weight and the larger amount of individuals who cannot even use it.

They both work differently and have a dif feel but as a stimulant Y-HCL is much stronger and should be obvious ( dose alone shows this ) to anyone having used them you can clearly see by the dose alone how much stronger Y-HCL is than 1,3 you are not going to dose Y-HCL at 50-60 or 70mg.. lol if you don't think Y-HCL is potent when combined with caffeine... Just no words.

Very different. DMAA is a stimulant that provides a lot of energy. I love Yohimbine in small, small doses that I can tolerate. Always keep a bottle of SNS YHCL for when I want to use it.

DMAA is like a kick in the face of energy.
Yohimbine makes me warm and doesn't provide that massive kick up in energy
Y-HCL is much stronger you not being able to use an appropriate amount is the problem :p

That would be like claiming the 1,3 is stronger at an equal dose I mean what is tiny amount for you I assume 2-5mg or less but the amount needed as a stimulant is going to be much more you wouldn't dose 1,3 at 5-10mg and claim the same of it.

TheMaster

TheMaster

Banned
Awards
Have used a lot of both Yohimbine HCL is stronger much stronger than DMAA both need Caffeine or are fairly weak

Y-HCL at 15-20mg is significantly stronger energy wise than even 70mg of 1,3

Not that you cannot use both have used 5-10mg of Yohimbine HCL or even 25mg Ephedrine with 50mg 1,3

The down side of course is the potential sides from Yohimbine on anxiety( Have not had Y raise my blood pressure have had ephedrine raise my blood pressure ), at an appropriate dose given weight and the larger amount of individuals who cannot even use it.

They both work differently and have a dif feel but as a stimulant Y-HCL is much stronger and should be obvious to anyone having used them you can clearly see by the dose alone how much stronger Y-HCL is than 1,3 you are not going to dose Y-HCL at 50-60 or 70mg.. lol if you don't think Y-HCL is potent when combined with caffeine... Just no words.

Y-HCL is much stronger you not being able to use an appropriate amount is the problem :p

That would be like claiming the 1,3 is stronger at an equal dose I mean what is tiny amount for you I assume 2-5mg or less but the amount needed as a stimulant is going to be much more you wouldn't dose 1,3 at 5-10mg and claim the same of it.
Too much Yohimbine sometimes makes it very hard for me to even talk to people. It induces slight paranoia and extreme edginess if you take too much of it when combined with caffeine.

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
Too much Yohimbine sometimes makes it very hard for me to even talk to people. It induces pyranoia if you take too much of it.
Well this is obviously the most significant problem the possibility of some very nasty side effects and def in individuals who have a history of any kind of anxiety it will make that sooo much worse. Anyone who think's it is not a strong stimulant is obviously just not using enough of it or cannot use enough of it.

Yohimbine is very potent and the down side is the more of it you use the higher the risks of sides given the amount of people who are fairly sensitive to it. I can use a good bit of it upwards of around 20mg or little over ( not as if I tested the upper limits.. ) I primarily use 15mg at a time when I did/was using it over long periods of time even.

Ephedrine IMO tends to be better given the longer life span and less risk of sides in many in comparison either way Ephedrine and Yohimbine are both stronger than 1,3 as a stimulant when combined with caffeine. They all have a different feel and different potential side effects/risks. I am still sad that it was removed from supplemental use :( so many bottles of OG ripped fuel lol

Yohimbine HCL dosing

Dosages of 0.2mg/kg bodyweight have been successfully used to increase fat burning without significant implications on cardiovascular parameters like heart rate and blood pressure. This results in a dosage of:

14 mg for a 150lb person
18 mg for a 200lb person
22 mg for a 250lb person
Now keep in mind Ephedrine is typically being used by many ( myself included ) 22-24mg effective Ephedrine since typically it is bound HCL or as a Sulphate and the weight of both

1,3 at the same doses would be very weak

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yohimbe/bine can crawl back to the depths of H3LL from whence it came.
...but I don't want to get too emotional about it ?

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
This is my honest opinion and I hope it doesn't happen, but I can see yohimbine being banned in the next 3-5 years.
I highly highly doubt that will happen it's been around for a very very long time , much longer than any of us have been alive and will prob be around long long after.

So unless something major and very unseen occurred I doubt that will happen.

I use Yohimbine HCL powder as a replacement for Stevia/Monk Fruit in Coffee. Nah, but my DA-20 Milligram Scale has a 0.15cc scoop at 40mg - so that's what I dump in with the CAF and E-HCL. You guys get sick from Y-HCL? Bummer. I see the two as having different goals: DMAA as a "LET'S LIFT!!!!!", and Y-HCL as an a2 antagonist to help some with fat loss.

I <3 you bae

You make me feel better about my stimulant use on a daily basis! :D haha

Yohimbe/bine can crawl back to the depths of H3LL from whence it came.
...but I don't want to get too emotional about it &#55357;&#56841;
I am ready to go back to pre 2k will give up Y in a second to see the return of Ephedrine in supplements :)

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established

That's a fair point.

TheMaster

TheMaster

Banned
Awards
That's a fair point.
Performix ION has Yohimbine HCL in it. ****in stuff makes you want to stay in the gym for hours on end if you do the full serving. I did two and I worked out for 3 hours. Then I left and went shopping and it still hadn't worn off. If you chew those beads it has a very bitter taste to it.

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
Performix ION has Yohimbine HCL in it. ****in stuff makes you want to stay in the gym for hours on end if you do the full serving. I did two and I worked out for 3 hours. Then I left and went shopping and it still hadn't worn off.

Isn't that the pre workout using some kind of encapsulation or something ( time release? ) I have never used their products but thought it was part of their marketing as some kind of slower/gradual release tho maybe I am mistaken.

TheMaster

TheMaster

Banned
Awards
Isn't that the pre workout using some kind of encapsulation or something ( time release? ) I have never used their products but thought it was part of their marketing as some kind of slower/gradual release tho maybe I am mistaken.
Yes. It really works too. ****ing **** gets you jacked beyond belief and the more you workout the more it kicks in. Its really potent. Time released beads as you said before. Make sure to mix your pre really well before drinking it. And feel for those beads. Chew a couple of them as you are drinking it.

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I experience crazy anxiety when I take a certain dosage of it and believe me, it's not fun at all. It's like every little thing that crosses my mind, I get a little panicky. It's really weird so I stopped taking it all together.

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
Too much Yohimbine sometimes makes it very hard for me to even talk to people. It induces slight pyranoia and extreme edginess if you take too much of it when combined with caffeine.
Bingo!