Cycling libido supps?

Lee85

Awards
At the moment I'm using some Maca and Tongkat Ali, and I've got some Butea Superba on the way as I've read good things on here about it. I'm guessing these would need to be cycled on/off just like a full Test Booster yeah?

Also, would I need to drop these if I jump on Alphamax XT?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Some people will tell you that cycling them isn't necessary, but I find that cycling almost every product I use (excluding staple supps) makes them more effective and work better. I'd cycle those ingredients 8 weeks on and 4 weeks off, just so your body doesn't build a high tolerance to them.

If you're considering using Alphamax XT, I would drop the solo ingredients you have listed. Alphamax contains Tongkat Ali (edited), so I'd save them for another time. I would suggest running Alphamax XT solo for the first time to see how you like it. Chances are you wont feel the need to add any additional supplements. It does a great job for libido, strength, and recovery all on its own!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'd agree. My sort of rule is always try a supp solo before you start adding in other supps. That way you can see how that particular product effects you.

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Some people will tell you that cycling them isn't necessary, but I find that cycling almost every product I use (excluding staple supps) makes them more effective and work better. I'd cycle those ingredients 8 weeks on and 4 weeks off, just so your body doesn't build a high tolerance to them.

If you're considering using Alphamax XT, I would drop the solo ingredients you have listed. Alphamax contains Maca and Tongkat Ali, so I'd save them for another time. I would suggest running Alphamax XT solo for the first time to see how you like it. Chances are you wont feel the need to add any additional supplements. It does a great job for libido, strength, and recovery all on its own!
Alphamax XT contains Maca? i must have missed that on the label. Can you name the ingredient that contains Maca?

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
I'd agree. My sort of rule is always try a supp solo before you start adding in other supps. That way you can see how that particular product effects you.
I agree with this 100% There is no way to tell what products are having an effect if you are taking multiple ones at a time. Also I am a firm believer in cycling products even If I dont always practice it myself lol.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alphamax XT contains Maca? i must have missed that on the label. Can you name the ingredient that contains Maca?
It doesn't, however with 3,4-Divanil, Ashwagandha, Tongkat Ali, Mucuna, the libido boost its present.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
My apologies, I edited my post. Alphamax XT contains Macuna, not Maca, my bad!

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Most people cycle Tongkat Ali 5 days on/2 days off.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Most people cycle Tongkat Ali 5 days on/2 days off.
Most studies don't. It's preference really. I wouldn't say there's a right or wrong. For a standalone TA, sure, but as part of a formula with other ingredients that should be taken daily (such as AlphaMax XT) there's nothing wrong with taking it daily. Cycle every so often of course, but you don't have to do 5/2 by any means. Danes has also discussed this a lot.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I personally don't cycle these types of things on purpose, but do tend to switch them around (so basically a natural cycling).

Anything with Fenugreek, Sns bulbine, and ashwaghanda are my personal favorites.

Hate hate hate daa ha

Pec.Major

Awards
  • Established
I need to get more LJ100. Just bloody expensive. :D

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Was curious about this myself. I did a 4 week run of LJ100; good product. Two caps was good for me, but the effects seemed to de-tensify after the middle of the third week.

Been eyeing Alphamax XT for a good boost in libido and well-being.

I only ran LJ100 for 4 weeks, ended exactly 2 weeks ago. Is 4 weeks on and 4 off a good regiment? I cycle everything else (magnesium, tyrosine, zinc, etc.) 3 weeks on, 1 off, just to be on the safe side. I get a lot from food anyway.

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Was curious about this myself. I did a 4 week run of LJ100; good product. Two caps was good for me, but the effects seemed to de-tensify after the middle of the third week.

Been eyeing Alphamax XT for a good boost in libido and well-being.

I only ran LJ100 for 4 weeks, ended exactly 2 weeks ago. Is 4 weeks on and 4 off a good regiment? I cycle everything else (magnesium, tyrosine, zinc, etc.) 3 weeks on, 1 off, just to be on the safe side. I get a lot from food anyway.

Thanks in advance for the feedback!
4 weeks on 4 weeks off is a good dosing protocol. Some will say 8 weeks on 4 weeks off is okay too. Alphamax XT contains Longjack (Eurycoma Longifolia 200:1 extract) also, and its recommend to take a 4 week break between 8 week cycles. Alphamax XT would cover your Longjack supplementation, as well as providing you with many other great ingredients to help boost libido and reduce cortisol and estrogen. Definitely worth it for the price considering all you're getting in one supplement

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Check out Bulbine if you are looking to add to your list of libido supps to cycle. It and Tongkat Ali are my 2 favorite libido boosters.

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Check out Bulbine if you are looking to add to your list of libido supps to cycle. It and Tongkat Ali are my 2 favorite libido boosters.
SNS Bulbine is definitely a good one and I have 2 jars in my stash.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SNS Bulbine is definitely a good one and I have 2 jars in my stash.
Great to hear. I am currently working through a bunch of Tongkat Ali I bought in bulk but after that am gonna switch back to Bulbine. Might even try to stack them and see how that works for my libido.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
OL main site got lj100 for 24$ at mo, 60ct 100mg/c