First Supp you ever took

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Love asking this question...also indirectly dates you

For me Twin Labs Amino Tabs (Horsepills) and Twin Labs Heavy Weight Gainer 2500, back when my metabolism was through the charts...

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
That's a hard question, its been 25 years, lol.
I remember taking protien powers, and some liquid aminos from a friend. However, I think the first "real" supplement that I ordered was acetabolan from muscletech. I was so mad I fell for the advertising, spent a bunch of money, and It didn't do crap for me.

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1465558005.743828.jpg
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1465558013.150949.jpg

This is the mother trucker that got me hooked on drugs lol did zero research and just went to gnc and grabbed the first thing they handed me when I asked "what can I take to get huge" lmfao I actually enjoyed it don't know what I even took next or why I ever stopped taking it but I definitely liked it better then c4

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Probably Ultimate Orange, if i can remember correctly.

gus6917

Awards
  • Established
Joe Weider Megabolics
This was over 25 yrs ago
I thought this would make me
Look like Arnold

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
Joe Weider Megabolics
This was over 25 yrs ago
I thought this would make me
Look like Arnold
HAHA!!! That's exactly what I thought when I took acetabolan from muscletech!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This disgusting vegetable protein powder. I was 14-15, workout out, trying to lose weight, trying to get more protein, and wanted a protein powder. Actually, I REALLY wanted to try Hot Stuff. But my mom was freaking out about supplements and they may have steroids in them, etc. - so I finally got her to allow me to buy some "vegetable protein" because, you know, veggies are good for you.

It wouldn't mix with anything. It was just gross. She had no idea what she was putting me through. But, it was a good first step toward getting her to allow me to get whey protein, haha.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Some form of creatine monohydrate. Cant remember what brand

Tmac29

Awards
Ultimate Orange, Ripped Fuel and Pinnacle Andro Poppers.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
First supp I ever took was back in high school when I took muscle milk and drank three shakes a day and got so sick of the taste haha but those were the days!

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think I took AEN's test booster as my first "real" supplement haha.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
First supp was universal m-stak

dontsweatme

dontsweatme

Awards
Twin Labs Ripped Fuel!!!!!!!!
Yeah me too!

I was an Ephedrine junkie back in the day when you could still buy it everywhere in the US. I remember taking a GNC product too which I think was just called Pro Ephedra.

Anyone remember the RTD Speed Stacks? I used to love those things!

I can't remember the name of the product but I think the first creatine I ever took was a liquid form that you dosed with a dropper under your tongue...pretty sure that was garbage hahah

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
Yeah me too!

I was an Ephedrine junkie back in the day when you could still buy it everywhere in the US. I remember taking a GNC product too which I think was just called Pro Ephedra.

Anyone remember the RTD Speed Stacks? I used to love those things!

I can't remember the name of the product but I think the first creatine I ever took was a liquid form that you dosed with a dropper under your tongue...pretty sure that was garbage hahah
Bro, are we the same person?? I was going to include that in my post! It was some bunk liquid creatine serum that you had to dose with a dropper and hold under your tongue!!

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Nutrashop's Vasocor

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
IDS Mass Tabs

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
A forgotten Weider product that came in a steel can that you had to open with a can-opener. Probably heavily featured Boron, Dibencozide(sp?), and Smilax. 80's.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
GNC brand Whey protein. Strawberry flavored.

Decided to play D3 College football and wanted to "bulk up". My mother bought it for me

Then 4 weeks after taking it my mom made me go to the dr to check my kidneys

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Body fortress whey protein cookies and cream my cousin bought from Walmart.

Mixed it in water after my first workout with him, absolutely dreadful then to drink!

dontsweatme

dontsweatme

Awards
Bro, are we the same person?? I was going to include that in my post! It was some bunk liquid creatine serum that you had to dose with a dropper and hold under your tongue!!
Hahah that's pretty funny! I did grow up in the Akron area so who knows...

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Besides protein powder/weight gainer, it was probably creatine. I can't remember the brand, but it came in a big silver foil bag and they stressed to take it with grape juice. Also the solubility was crap and the loading amount was insane.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I remember that stuff. Wasn't it red?

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Twin Labs Ripped Fuel!!!!!!!!
That was the ****, got me lean and ripped for my first 2 BB contests. Not quite sure if anything "legal" has honestly come close...Just my opinion.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah it was in a small red rectangular bottle if I recall. I can't remember the official name or what company made it...not that it matters...
I remember that stuff. Creatine serum. Mm USA made it.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Superpump 250. Grape Flavor. Bought it in a Thrift store. 10 Bucks for the unopened tub.

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
The old school muscletech cell tech with the a** load of sugar haha. I was just beginning and got supplement advice from an experienced lifter who I later realized wasn't too well informed when it comes to nutrition or supplementation

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
Some veggy protein, no flavor that time, it mixed like cement and tasted like sand. I was so excited that I actually liked it.

Years later that I held in my hand a shaker with it, couldnt even get it close to my mouth, smell was horrible! Of course I gave it back intact to its proud owner that was doing his first steps in the supplement world

JordanTwitch

Awards
Besides protein powder, no xplode.... 16 year old me thought I was the **** and was about to get massive?????

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I started reading the boards first. Did my research and bought a controlled labs stack. Green mag, white flood, and purple wraath (because everyone needed aminos intra workout back then). Got some now unflavored whey isolate and on casein (because you HAD to drink casein before bed).

I remember the first time I took white flood. I hit 135 on the bench. Thought I was a god, lol

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The old school muscletech cell tech with the a** load of sugar haha. I was just beginning and got supplement advice from an experienced lifter who I later realized wasn't too well informed when it comes to nutrition or supplementation
They were pretty much copying EAS except the put Alpha lipoic acid in it which burned going down....

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ultimate Orange in high school (around '97).
-Original Ephedra
-Tasted god awful
-Hands down best PWO of all time

Around that time I think I started also taking
Nitrotech
EAS Phosphagen
Twinlab ZMA
Twinlab Ripped Fuel - They used to use the old school glass bottles

I also used to subscribe to Muscle Media back then...so theres that

elitemma

elitemma

Awards
Nano X9 by Muscle Tech ... Lol. I believe I also purchased Anabolic Halo by Muscle Tech as well.

matt8483

matt8483

Awards
  • Established
Had to be a combo of muscle milk and N.O. Shotgun. I was in love with N.O. Double Barrel Shotgun. Lol.
Before that, it was strictly food. I thought all supps was cheating when I was a teen. Boy was I ignorant.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
First supp was protein powder by Beverly back in 1982.. Tasted God awful

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Aside from protein powder was creatine. 20gm a day mixed in a gallon of water for 8 weeks and gained 20+ lbs, dad thought I was on steroids. In all reality the fact I had just starred training seriously, was 17 and eating like 10 pbjs and a gallon of milk a day probability did all the work but for the sake of the the thread I'll credit it to the creatine lol

Mrbolt84

Mrbolt84

Awards
  • Established
Nitro tech and universal creatine powder ... My mom threw them away because she believed they were "anabolic steroids"

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It gave me the shats like the morning after a beer binge

Smont

Smont