PA and HMB?

Triton Power

Triton Power

Awards
I see alot of ppl talking about PA but what is PA stand for and what is the best hmb to take in terms of company and $$

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
PA = Phosphatidic Acid

HMB = β-Hydroxy β-methylbutyric acid

very different ingredients.

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There's some debate between which from of HMB is superior, HMB-Ca or HMB-FA. There's studies for both showing that they are equally effective. Recently though, a few more HMB-Ca studies have come out showing it's equally effective as HMB-FA was hyped to be.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Not to mention that even if it's slightly inferior (speculation for arguments sake) HMB-CA is waaaaay more affordable at about $50/Year.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not to mention that even if it's slightly inferior (speculation for arguments sake) HMB-CA is waaaaay more affordable at about $50/Year.
This. Even if CA isn't quite as effective as FA, you can get a year supply of CA for less than 2 months of FA.

Lecithin granules (PA) + bulk HMB-CA is a great cost-effective (and just plain effective, haha) stack to run with staples like creatine and betaine.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This. Even if CA isn't quite as effective as FA, you can get a year supply of CA for less than 2 months of FA.

Lecithin granules (PA) + bulk HMB-CA is a great cost-effective (and just plain effective, haha) stack to run with staples like creatine and betaine.
Definitely a cheap and effective stack. I'd take this advice and give it a try.

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established

can we can an honest answer here, i know you are big on specific extracts/standardizations so this is a good one for you.

im not asking where if its not a sponsor. but can you confidently say you buy from a legit source or are you more taking a chance on somewhere? because the main vetted bulk retailers arnt putting it out at anything close to that price ive seen. just wondering if i should look closer, or if yall are just using google foo and playing the ignorance is bliss card (dont take that the wrong way).

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
can we can an honest answer here, i know you are big on specific extracts/standardizations so this is a good one for you.

im not asking where if its not a sponsor. but can you confidently say you buy from a legit source or are you more taking a chance on somewhere? because the main vetted bulk retailers arnt putting it out at anything close to that price ive seen. just wondering if i should look closer, or if yall are just using google foo and playing the ignorance is bliss card (dont take that the wrong way).
Are you talking about HMB-CA? If so, there are two sources listed *somewhere* on this site that carry it in bulk (written in the past, before stricter enforcement started about non-sponsors). One over-seas, and one US. I've ordered from both and the product was identical and tasted identical. Both offer COA's (LOL, we all know after a raid how those can be faked). The only thing I haven't done is take them to a lab myself. It tastes unique and getting two products from thousands of miles apart that are fake, while possible, is unlikely. Chances are, you routinely order stuff from a place that carries it.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you talking about HMB-CA? If so, there are two sources listed *somewhere* on this site that carry it in bulk (written in the past, before stricter enforcement started about non-sponsors). One over-seas, and one US. I've ordered from both and the product was identical and tasted identical. Both offer COA's (LOL, we all know after a raid how those can be faked). The only thing I haven't done is take them to a lab myself. It tastes unique and getting two products from thousands of miles apart that are fake, while possible, is unlikely. Chances are, you routinely order stuff from a place that carries it.
Pretty much this. I was provided with a COA, which is always nice, and have ordered several products from them, and all of the products are consistent with the same material from other sources in terms of taste, appearance, smell (if applicable), etc. Customer service over the phone was also good, and they were knowledgeable regarding the ingredients, as well as testing methods and standardization for various ingredients. On a side note, I sometimes like to buy a little beta alanine and/or niacin from these bulk suppliers. If I dose them high enough, I should really feel something, and it's another interesting little test to see, although it's far from foolproof. I've been pleased so far though, haha.

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
im not necessarily as worried about them being fake, as the purity of such products. as i would still consider the pricing reference to be below typical market value. but im speaking generally, not specifically crapping on what youre getting, because on the flip side im not trying to pay more just because i can. thanks for the 2 cents though, ill dig around previous topics i can almost recall one of the places, maybe later in the day it will come to me lol.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Fwiw, I could create a pretty good quality COA in Adobe Illustrator and I'm not even that good at Illustrator so a COA doesn't mean much at all.

@OP, I've tried HMB before but it has been awhile. I have a slight allergy to Soy so I won't ever try PA but lots of people swear by it

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 26
Supplements 2
GreenMachineX Supplements 11
Supplements 42
Supplements 49