Calyctomine HCL?

Meowimacat

Awards
Never heard of this. It's an ingredient in Primeval Labs fat burner Black Devil. Its not mentioned specifically in the write up. I searched and Googled, but can't find any info... Anyone know what this is?

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I believe it is an extract cacao(chocolate)

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I was just wondering the same thing....can't find anything on it.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
NutraChem or NutraTeam - any info you can share on this ingredient?

NutraChem

NutraChem

Awards
NutraChem or NutraTeam - any info you can share on this ingredient?
Calyctomine is a THIQ alkaloid present in Shikakai (prepared from the botanical source Acacia/Mimosa concinna.) Shikakai is used as a food flavoring, particularly in a popular South Asian dish called Chutney. If you do a search there are many recipes on-line and one can even buy Shikakai powders on Amazon. It's also used to make dips, kinda like you might eat chips with salsa.

Processed Shikakai extracts and isolates are used internally as a medicinal also, for a variety of health conditions like skin, mouth and digestive issues. Shikakai is used externally too, as a topical hair tonic. It is said to impart a healthy luster and beauty to the hair, much like Amla powders.

Here's some tech specs about Calyctomine for reference:

http://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/substance/29199908#section=Top

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks Nutrachem! It appears the proper name is Calycotomine, but all of the websites with your product are listing it as Calyctomine. Maybe a label error? I don't know.

NutraChem

NutraChem

Awards
Thanks Nutrachem! It appears the proper name is Calycotomine, but all of the websites with your product are listing it as Calyctomine. Maybe a label error? I don't know.
Well, the spelling NI used was selected for a few reasons I suppose. For one, we were running out of room on the label and Calyctomine is the shorter spelling... (haha, j/k!)

Seriously though, it's the spelling Wiki uses so it makes it easier for a consumer to reference, but you're correct about the other spelling being used more frequently. Calycotomine is not the "proper name" per say, just the more scientifically conventional name so to speak. But ya know, the NCBI ain't what it used to be and I can't find any of it's synonyms in my Merck either, so it would appear you can spell it either way because they are both right. It can be frustrating, huh?

That's why I try to stick with CAS numbers because it's usually far more definitive. That's the link I posted for you, the CAS for the compound assigned the number: 4356-47-2. :) It has it's limitations too because this references the alkaloidal free base and not the HCl, but it's technically acceptable to clarify that it's the said CAS of a specific salt.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well, the spelling NI used was selected for a few reasons I suppose. For one, we were running out of room on the label and Calyctomine is the shorter spelling... (haha, j/k!)

Seriously though, it's the spelling Wiki uses so it makes it easier for a consumer to reference, but you're correct about the other spelling being used more frequently. Calycotomine is not the "proper name" per say, just the more scientifically conventional name so to speak. But ya know, the NCBI ain't what it used to be and I can't find any of it's synonyms in my Merck either, so it would appear you can spell it either way because they are both right. It can be frustrating, huh?

That's why I try to stick with CAS numbers because it's usually far more definitive. That's the link I posted for you, the CAS for the compound assigned the number: 4356-47-2. :) It has it's limitations too because this references the alkaloidal free base and not the HCl, but it's technically acceptable to clarify that it's the said CAS of a specific salt.
Haha, yeah, as I've been researching this, I've realized it is rarely mentioned and hard to research.

Can you disclose why it is in there? I am guessing maybe mood enhancement and energy through some kind of dopamine pathway or maybe it is just part of the delivery system for the 11-KT?

NutraChem

NutraChem

Awards
What is benefit for weight loss?
There isn't a ton of data to say for certain (but that could be said of practically every compound known to man!) However, I could speculate that it involves key neurotransmitter sytems in the CNS (DA, OX, a-Adrenergic) and possibly modulation of specific cytokines like IL-10. It's structure is somewhat reminiscent of Higenamine.

Regardless of how or why things work as they do, it is my earnest subjective experience that this does work. If you familiarize yourself with these botanicals and their molecular constituents a clear patter (some call it design) will sometimes emerge. Otherwise, it is somewhat inexplicable, so I apologize for my poor communication skills. :eek:

NutraChem

NutraChem

Awards
Haha, yeah, as I've been researching this, I've realized it is rarely mentioned and hard to research.

Can you disclose why it is in there? I am guessing maybe mood enhancement and energy through some kind of dopamine pathway or maybe it is just part of the delivery system for the 11-KT?
What?! Calyctomine is listed on the 11-KT label? If so, it's a misprint and we need to get new labels made to clarify. This ingredient is only present in BX as far as I am aware.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sorry, I was looking at a bunch of your products and got confused. It really isn't hard to confuse me. It was in BX.

And that makes some sense now based on what I've seen.

I will be honest, when. i first looked at this I thought it look so good. I am ready to give it a go now...it looks good now that I know more.

NutraChem

NutraChem

Awards
Well didn't you sign up for any of the testing Hit? NT has been giving away so much stuff, and BX samples with every order probably! :) I'm surpised you haven't gotten hold of any yet. We need to get you on some stuff, man. (lol)