I want to experiment with ecdy/turk products and advice on ehere to start

muscleless

Awards
I've been lifting for roughly 6 years, and after a several month hiatus have decided to go natty again. I've taken things like Animal M-Stak before I juiced, and really enjoyed the effects.

Now I know most will tell me that the effects are nothing like DS/PH, but in russian studies and rat studies, they were able to build muscle MASS with visually noticed results. I've noticed that these days, most people are skeptical and also don't want to spend the money needed to get the potential effects of Beta-Ecdysterone/Turkesterone, etc. But I, as well as a handful of others have faith in these extracts and swear by them, however, when it comes to visual results, they seem to fall short.

So, I have contemplated several different observations and strategies with said substances to experiment and see what I can make happen:

1. Ecdysterone and Turkesterone are usually vastly underdosed and poorly sourced from companies with no 3rd party testing and rarely if ever carry high purity products. So first, I would like to find better sources of both products from reputable sources. Figuring out a dose in which these may actually have a noticable anabolic effect is something that nobody can seem to agree on.

2. Bioavailability seems to not be particularily high or low, and thus I am looking foot suggestions as how to make them more orally bioavailable, such as bioperine, grapefruit extract, etc, WHATEVER is going to help increase absorption, as well as timing of doses.

3. Addition of synergistic compounds. This I have no experience in but any suggestions as to other products which may make these work better for mass building would be appreciated. I do know that ecdy products work well with leucine, and so favorable doses of some type or types of Leucine would be happening.

4. Non-related areas of anabolism that would help potentiate the effects, such as test boosting, cortisol control, vitamin synergy, or things like laxogenin, epicatechin, myostatin inhibition, you know, anything that may help and also anyhings where the positives may end up doing more harm than good.

Coming from an ex juicer, I can see the upset with natty lifters being consistently leagues behind juicers, and I really want to find a natty way to build muscle similar to that at least of weaker PHs, regardless of the cost.

I am looking for knowledge and tips and a collaborative effort, not flaming, if you have negative comments, keep them to yourselves and lets the rest strive for natty gains regardless of how futile.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Seems to be a few Ecdy threads popping up lately with great info. Did you read them too.

I ran a bunch of Ecdy products back around 2006-7 when they were really popular. Some gave way better results. I was doing a lot of 10x10 high volume training back then.

muscleless

Awards
Yes I did, sort of what peaked my interested. Unfortunately I made a typo in the thread which pretty much spells a death sentence for a thread, as nobody will click on anything that sounds illiterate. Haha

I used the most recent mstak formulation, and did pretty good running two cans back to back for six weeks. But I still feel it's underdosed and have been considering trying a different dosing or adding new ecdy or turk products to the mix. Was even considering running a double dose, one pack twice daily, minus the stim pill, and seeing how that goes.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes I did, sort of what peaked my interested. Unfortunately I made a typo in the thread which pretty much spells a death sentence for a thread, as nobody will click on anything that sounds illiterate. Haha
Not really. Most people don't know anything about it or they think its useless. There is a lot of information in threads if you bother looking for the few that did enjoy it and it covers everything you asked and more.

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been lifting for roughly 6 years, and after a several month hiatus have decided to go natty again. I've taken things like Animal M-Stak before I juiced, and really enjoyed the effects.

Now I know most will tell me that the effects are nothing like DS/PH, but in russian studies and rat studies, they were able to build muscle MASS with visually noticed results. I've noticed that these days, most people are skeptical and also don't want to spend the money needed to get the potential effects of Beta-Ecdysterone/Turkesterone, etc. But I, as well as a handful of others have faith in these extracts and swear by them, however, when it comes to visual results, they seem to fall short.

So, I have contemplated several different observations and strategies with said substances to experiment and see what I can make happen:

1. Ecdysterone and Turkesterone are usually vastly underdosed and poorly sourced from companies with no 3rd party testing and rarely if ever carry high purity products. So first, I would like to find better sources of both products from reputable sources. Figuring out a dose in which these may actually have a noticable anabolic effect is something that nobody can seem to agree on.

2. Bioavailability seems to not be particularily high or low, and thus I am looking foot suggestions as how to make them more orally bioavailable, such as bioperine, grapefruit extract, etc, WHATEVER is going to help increase absorption, as well as timing of doses.

3. Addition of synergistic compounds. This I have no experience in but any suggestions as to other products which may make these work better for mass building would be appreciated. I do know that ecdy products work well with leucine, and so favorable doses of some type or types of Leucine would be happening.

4. Non-related areas of anabolism that would help potentiate the effects, such as test boosting, cortisol control, vitamin synergy, or things like laxogenin, epicatechin, myostatin inhibition, you know, anything that may help and also anyhings where the positives may end up doing more harm than good.

Coming from an ex juicer, I can see the upset with natty lifters being consistently leagues behind juicers, and I really want to find a natty way to build muscle similar to that at least of weaker PHs, regardless of the cost.

I am looking for knowledge and tips and a collaborative effort, not flaming, if you have negative comments, keep them to yourselves and lets the rest strive for natty gains regardless of how futile.
You're not alone in finding these products worthwhile. And the science is just starting to catch up. Below is just a small sample..

http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2015/12/ecdysterone-beats-popular-anabolics.html
http://www.ergo-log.com/ecdysteroidsyoungerskin.html
http://www.ergo-log.com/ecdysteroids.html
http://www.ergo-log.com/the-unusual-anabolic-effect-of-ajuga-turkestanica.html

As for your questions about bio-availability etc, please see the below paper. One area you do want to brush up on are complimentary ingredients, as they're crucial to maximizing Ecdy's effects on glucose disposal, protein synthesis etc.. The write up I did for Mass Pro Synthagen and Progenadrex (my products) should elucidate much. There's also a trandermal here (Dermastrength, I think) that has a healthy dose of Laxogenin in it.

Overall Ecdy and it's related analogs are controversial products. Much of that is (unfortunately) sub par material and a fundamental mis-understanding of adaptogens vs. anabolics. Once those 2 issues are ironed out however, you'll be better able to determine if Ecdy is something you want in your war chest..

Practical Uses for Ecdysteroids in Mammals Including Humans, an update
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15844229

muscleless

Awards
Good reads. Now I know we aren't supposed to blatantly ask for sources, but I am looking to find some quality extracts from (preferably) well known, reputable sources. So far I have found Tonvara, for turk. Everything else seem either sketchy or has little to no 3rd party reviews or information. On a side note, how does Animal mstak fare in terms of purity? I came into posession of four unopened cans, and was considering super dosing them (minus the stim packs) say, one pack twice daily, for six weeks, and additionally adding a source of ecdy or turk.

Anyone heard of sports food nutrition? They claim to have good beta-ecdysterone, but it's sources from cygnis vaga or w/e which I hear is crap.

Mixelflick, the only site I could find those on was predator nutrition, do you have a US distributor?

GiftedNatty

GiftedNatty

Awards
I've been interested in these for sometime as well. I have 3 months worth of Str3gth Unleashed and Tonvara Turk stashed for the next surplus period of eating I hit.

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good reads. Now I know we aren't supposed to blatantly ask for sources, but I am looking to find some quality extracts from (preferably) well known, reputable sources. So far I have found Tonvara, for turk. Everything else seem either sketchy or has little to no 3rd party reviews or information. On a side note, how does Animal mstak fare in terms of purity? I came into posession of four unopened cans, and was considering super dosing them (minus the stim packs) say, one pack twice daily, for six weeks, and additionally adding a source of ecdy or turk.

Anyone heard of sports food nutrition? They claim to have good beta-ecdysterone, but it's sources from cygnis vaga or w/e which I hear is crap.

Mixelflick, the only site I could find those on was predator nutrition, do you have a US distributor?
Not yet, but they should be on Amazon shortly.

As for Animal M Stak I'm not a fan (of their Ecdy, anyway). By label, source material is Cyanotis Vaga Extract. They list Turkesterone, but I don't see Ajuga Turkistanica listed anywhere (where most Turk is sourced from). So it looks sketchy in the Ecdy dept IMO. Other facets of it look good though, like the inclusion of Cinnulin, K-R-ALA etc.

STR3NGTH UNLEASHED is a generously dosed Laxogenin product. I'd much rather see users run that vs. Animal M Stak.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not yet, but they should be on Amazon shortly.

As for Animal M Stak I'm not a fan (of their Ecdy, anyway). By label, source material is Cyanotis Vaga Extract. They list Turkesterone, but I don't see Ajuga Turkistanica listed anywhere (where most Turk is sourced from). So it looks sketchy in the Ecdy dept IMO. Other facets of it look good though, like the inclusion of Cinnulin, K-R-ALA etc.

STR3NGTH UNLEASHED is a generously dosed Laxogenin product. I'd much rather see users run that vs. Animal M Stak.
There is also Nutrachem's Laxogenin product too.

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards

Most Wanted has been a great seller for us with very solid feedback from our consumers, its definitely worth checking out.

http://www.tgbsupplements.com/product/iron-forged-nutrition-most-wanted/

muscleless

Awards
Anybody try mesobolin? I've never liked anything LG has put out but it's got some good reviews. Will check out most wanted

muscleless

Awards
Also, I was thinking about stacking some ARA on top of things. Absolutely love ARA, I wonder though how it would fare alongside ecdysterone. Hmm.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I used the most recent mstak formulation, and did pretty good running two cans back to back for six weeks. But I still feel it's underdosed and have been considering trying a different dosing or adding new ecdy or turk products to the mix. Was even considering running a double dose, one pack twice daily, minus the stim pill, and seeing how that goes.
Curious if you tried the two pack
A day, megadose?