Purus Myofeed Vanilla PB2

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
First of all sorry to clog the forum with a stand alone thread for this. I don’t post too often, and very rarely create a thread, but this is worth it it and I really wanted to inform the community in case anyone was debating or on the fence about giving it a shot. Ill put this in the review section as well.

Secondly let me say that I am in NO WAY affiliated with the company or any company for that matter.

So I picked up this product this past Saturday, and have exclusively used it 1-2 times a day since.
I have tried pretty much everything out there, and while I enjoy many, there are a few go tos that I am never without. I can confidently say this protein has immediately, and without question, moved into my top 3 of staples that I will never not have on hand.

This stuff is awesome in every sense. A perfect taste blend of vanilla and peanut butter flavor. The PB2 taste is very strong, and much better tasting / more macro friendly than simply adding PB2 to another flavor (which was my one concern prior to trying).

As a PB lover, I can say this is by far the best peanut butter flavored protein I have tried, and will confidently say in my personal opinion it is better than protozyme pb cookie. (no knock on that flavor either because I still love it).

All in all for what you get in terms of flavor, thickness, texture, macro profile, satiety, and price this is a tremendous protein.

I have not tried the chocolate yet, but without a doubt will be trying in the very near future.

For what it is worth I would currently rank my top 5 of all time as follows:
PES Snickerdoodle tie with Animal Frank’s Birthday Cake
Myofeed Vanilla PB2
MTS Birthday Cake
MSI Oatmeal Cookie (Taste exactly like an oatmeal cream pie, and I mean exactly)

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
UPDATE: Sometimes I have some trouble getting in fats so Ill throw in macadamia nuts or pecans into a shake because they are higher fat nuts that don’t cost as much protein or carbs compared to almonds or peanuts. Threw 14g of pecans into this shake last night and it literally blew my mind

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome review man! Thanks for taking the time to throw it up here.

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Solid review. Seriously makes me want to try this out asap

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had my eye on this and definitely want to try it out, now. Nice review (appreciate the inclusion of the other proteins you like, too)

Loudy Rowdy

Loudy Rowdy

Awards
I am almost done with my tub....Purus Labs did a fantastic job with this one. Almost like liquid butterfingers

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow thanks so much for taking time to write this review up. We are proud of this one for sure. I'm in love with the Vanilla and have been drinking it constantly. Glad all you guys are liking it.

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am almost done with my tub....Purus Labs did a fantastic job with this one. Almost like liquid butterfingers
This post has motivated me to break open one of my tubs :p

I have 3 just sitting in my cabinet

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
This post has motivated me to break open one of my tubs :p

I have 3 just sitting in my cabinet
Nice!
Let us know how you like them.

OP, thanks for the review. I've been with Purus a long time before we got into aminos and protein.
Give it a few years and it'll probably be a household name.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
What are the macros for this?
Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 31 grams
Servings Per Container: 32
Calories 130
Calories from Fat 25
Total Fat 3g 4
Saturated Fat 1.5g 8
Cholesterol 75mg 25
Total Carbohydrate 4g 1
Dietary Fiber 1g 4
Sugars 1g
Protein 22g
Calcium 182mg 18
Sodium 80mg 3

Scoons33

Scoons33

Awards
  • Established
Bought a jug of the Vanilla pb2- frickin awesome. After stirring it up with water, there remains pockets of liquid peanut butter that come through when drinking. Phenomenal job Purus! I have told at least 15 guys about this stuff. Keep the awesome products coming.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bought a jug of the Vanilla pb2- frickin awesome. After stirring it up with water, there remains pockets of liquid peanut butter that come through when drinking. Phenomenal job Purus! I have told at least 15 guys about this stuff. Keep the awesome products coming.
Awesome stuff right here!!! That's what we like to hear.

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hell yeah! Really appreciate that! I love the stuff.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
yeah dudes this stuff is the real deal, I have almost killed an entire tub of it already, and still love it as much as day 1. I'll be throwing down on the chocolate this weekend.

Scoons33

Scoons33

Awards
  • Established
yeah dudes this stuff is the real deal, I have almost killed an entire tub of it already, and still love it as much as day 1. I'll be throwing down on the chocolate this weekend.
Trying Chocolate next as well. Report back once you try, please.

Tmac29

Awards
I've burned through one tub in about 2 weeks. I'm going to buying a couple more in the next week.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stuff is ridiculous!!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Let me know how the chocolate is -- planning to pick one of the 2 up soon for protein ice cream

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well....sh1t....I promised myself a long time ago I wouldn't let forum hype pressure me into buying protein i don't need just because of the flavor...but this sounds like a legit game-changer.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well....sh1t....I promised myself a long time ago I wouldn't let forum hype pressure me into buying protein i don't need just because of the flavor...but this sounds like a legit game-changer.
lol that's me

Got plenty of protein and try my best not to spend on more stuff, but these are sounding very good for homemade ice cream so I'm just debating on chocolate or vanilla

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Had to order some as soon as it comes in well trade it up!
Email me back so i can put some product aside for you and we can work a deal please.
Thank you, ill even ship it now so you can have it on hand.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Must try Chocolate PB2 now. Just to compare :)

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol that's me

Got plenty of protein and try my best not to spend on more stuff, but these are sounding very good for homemade ice cream so I'm just debating on chocolate or vanilla
Chocolates more like a snickers type taste while Vanilla is more....I'm not sure how to explain it but sweeter ice cream with PB taste

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chocolates more like a snickers type taste while Vanilla is more....I'm not sure how to explain it but sweeter ice cream with PB taste
Vanilla is a liquid butterfinger a few of us have decided.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well all the good reviews have pushed me over the edge. I'll be ordering a tub next week

cubs1987

cubs1987

Awards
  • Established
just got mine. Ordered based on all of the overwhelmingly positive reviews!

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The day I got mine I opened them up immediately and took a small spoonful to the mouth I was so excited

Onefckngear

Awards
Ordered vanilla because of this thread. What's one more open tub of protein powder in my pantry...?

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The Chocolate flavor is badass. Hands down, awesome. I am not a fan of chocolate flavors in protein in general and I love this stuff.

It is very much peanut butter cup like, but also with a snickers like flavor as well. Most closely resembles the snickers peanut butter squared candies. It is very very good. No disrespect to PES here because I love their flavors, but It is much much better than then chocolate peanut butter cup, and I do like that flavor, but this is on another level. That is just my personal but honest opinion.

Between the Vanilla PB2 and Chocolate PB2 flavors It is actually hard to pick which one is better. I think I would personally choose the Vanilla as the superior flavor, but I ONLY say that is because I am actually not really a chocolate fan to begin with, and I feel the Vanilla flavor is more strongly PB2 / peanut butter flavored where as the chocolate flavor is a more an even chocolate / peanut butter split flavor. It truly taste like a peanut butter cup, but as I said before has a nice snickers like flavor to it as well.

I will definitely be buying both of these flavors again regularly though and could not be more excited to have both of these flavors in my regular rotation moving forward.

Scoons33

Scoons33

Awards
  • Established
The Chocolate flavor is badass. Hands down, awesome. I am not a fan of chocolate flavors in protein in general and I love this stuff.

It is very much peanut butter cup like, but also with a snickers like flavor as well. Most closely resembles the snickers peanut butter squared candies. It is very very good. No disrespect to PES here because I love their flavors, but It is much much better than then chocolate peanut butter cup, and I do like that flavor, but this is on another level. That is just my personal but honest opinion.

Between the Vanilla PB2 and Chocolate PB2 flavors It is actually hard to pick which one is better. I think I would personally choose the Vanilla as the superior flavor, but I ONLY say that is because I am actually not really a chocolate fan to begin with, and I feel the Vanilla flavor is more strongly PB2 / peanut butter flavored where as the chocolate flavor is a more an even chocolate / peanut butter split flavor. It truly taste like a peanut butter cup, but as I said before has a nice snickers like flavor to it as well.

I will definitely be buying both of these flavors again regularly though and could not be more excited to have both of these flavors in my regular rotation moving forward.
Helped w my decision- buying chocolate next.

Thanks for the info.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Helped w my decision- buying chocolate next.

Thanks for the info.
Now I'm even more torn on which of the 2 to try first lol.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Purus is giving away 5 tubs in the promo section, just in case anyone was interested.
Figured I'd just plug that here.
Have a good day!