AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
With some sales popping up, and since I am going to take a 4-5 week long stim break beginning next week, I wanted to put together some bulk nootropics to use in conjunction with my non stim pre workouts. I do not drag during stim breaks, but nootropics have started to interest me as something to help me mentally when training. So far, I am thinking of the following:

Choline Alpha GPC
ALCAR
Tyrosine

These two are in question. They are packaged together as part of a sale and that is why I am thinking of these two:

SNS Noopept
Huperzine

First, I have read that Alpha GPC is the best form of choline. What is the dosage pre workout for that though?
ALCAR should be dosed at 500mg-1000mg, correct?
Tyrosine, 300mg-500mg, correct?

Do you think it is worth adding that Noopept and Huperzine combo? If so, Noopept should be ran at 20 mg and Huperzine 100-200mcg, but I would probably go with 100. Thoughts on this? Also, I am open to other suggestions

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alpha GPC has data at 600mg for strength output if I recall correctly. The guys over at ChemiNutra also told me they are just finishing up a study where Alpha at 200mg outperformed both caffeine at 200mg and Alpha at 400mg.

This may be due to a few variables though as dose timing may be a factor in regards to alpha at 200 and 400

ALCAR 1-2g

Tyrosine 2g

You could also opt for the acetylated form of Tyrosine - N Acetyl L Tyrosine. Acetylated forms are known to be slightly better at crossing the blood brain barrier. The data on which is better or more bioavailable is pretty inconclusive

Alpha isn't necessarily the best form of choline as it's intended use plays a large factor. I would contend that alpha and cdp are indeed superior to other forms.

I didn't really personally notice a lot when we were playing with noopept but huperzine would definitely be a nice little addition to your stack.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Alpha GPC has data at 600mg for strength output if I recall correctly. The guys over at ChemiNutra also told me they are just finishing up a study where Alpha at 200mg outperformed both caffeine at 200mg and Alpha at 400mg.

This may be due to a few variables though as dose timing may be a factor in regards to alpha at 200 and 400

ALCAR 1-2g

Tyrosine 2g

You could also opt for the acetylated form of Tyrosine - N Acetyl L Tyrosine. Acetylated forms are known to be slightly better at crossing the blood brain barrier. The data on which is better or more bioavailable is pretty inconclusive

Alpha isn't necessarily the best form of choline as it's intended use plays a large factor. I would contend that alpha and cdp are indeed superior to other forms.

I didn't really personally notice a lot when we were playing with noopept but huperzine would definitely be a nice little addition to your stack.
:O

Look who it is

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
With some sales popping up, and since I am going to take a 4-5 week long stim break beginning next week, I wanted to put together some bulk nootropics to use in conjunction with my non stim pre workouts. I do not drag during stim breaks, but nootropics have started to interest me as something to help me mentally when training. So far, I am thinking of the following:

Choline Alpha GPC
ALCAR
Tyrosine

These two are in question. They are packaged together as part of a sale and that is why I am thinking of these two:

SNS Noopept
Huperzine

First, I have read that Alpha GPC is the best form of choline. What is the dosage pre workout for that though?
ALCAR should be dosed at 500mg-1000mg, correct?
Tyrosine, 300mg-500mg, correct?

Do you think it is worth adding that Noopept and Huperzine combo? If so, Noopept should be ran at 20 mg and Huperzine 100-200mcg, but I would probably go with 100. Thoughts on this? Also, I am open to other suggestions
I like Noopept, but it does need to used daily and it's effects, IMO, are geared more toward learning that acute focus.

Huperzine a, Alcar and Tyrosine are all ingredients I enjoy daily.

Alcar I go up to 2g with, as well as tyrosine.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

ALCAR 1-2g

Tyrosine 2g

I like Noopept, but it does need to used daily and it's effects, IMO, are geared more toward learning that acute focus.

Huperzine a, Alcar and Tyrosine are all ingredients I enjoy daily.

Alcar I go up to 2g with, as well as tyrosine.
Thanks for the replies guys. I will probably skip out on Nootept then. The tyrosine I was looking at is NALT. Maybe I will just pick up some SNS Huperzine, it is dirt cheap.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pretty sure that the research shows l-tyrosine is superior to NALT. I have also yet to see a positive human study on NALT, but there are many on l-tyrosine. I think Cooper has said the same thing before as well.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pretty sure that the research shows l-tyrosine is superior to NALT. I have also yet to see a positive human study on NALT, but there are many on l-tyrosine. I think Cooper has said the same thing before as well.
You're in school or were in school, correct? Look up some articles in your schools database and check it out for yourself.

The data is conflicting from the research I've been doing. Pretty sure I have 5 or 6 studies and they're split right down the middle. We have L Tyrosine in one of our products for the very reason that I prefer it over NAT but I have yet to see confirmation on which is better

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You're in school or were in school, correct? Look up some articles in your schools database and check it out for yourself.

The data is conflicting from the research I've been doing. Pretty sure I have 5 or 6 studies and they're split right down the middle. We have L Tyrosine in one of our products for the very reason that I prefer it over NALT but I have yet to see confirmation on which is better
http://hightowerpharmacology.blogspot.com.au/2012/12/pharmacology-of-n-acetyl-l-tyrosine.html

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
By the way, everything I listed, I know all of them are in bulk powders. Are they bearable to add to liquid that is flavored or should I buy certain ones in capsule form?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
By the way, everything I listed, I know all of them are in bulk powders. Are they bearable to add to liquid that is flavored or should I buy certain ones in capsule form?
I may not be the best person to ask, but I'd say they'd be fine as bulk powders. But then again, I'm used to taking all of those, plus some racetams and herbal extracts with a glass of water, haha.

Bossmoss94

Bossmoss94

Awards
Nootropics as powders taste really bitter. IMO, You'll be good as long as you don't over-do it and put an insane amount in a liquid

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Grab one of those Mios brother

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was planning on that. Some powders are just unbearable no matter what! Even if you use a full bottle of Mio. I can deal with bitterness though
Try masking TeaCrine lmao. That's the worst **** ever

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Try masking TeaCrine lmao. That's the worst **** ever
I was actually really surprised the first time I tried it. I was in a hurry and mixed 200mg in about 2 oz water. It was really bad and it lingered for so long!

Another honorable mention is high-quality tongkat Ali. I had an extract that clumped into ~200mg rocks that wouldn't dissolve quickly, so I just took it like a pill, but it was so incredibly bitter when it landed on my tongue.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was actually really surprised the first time I tried it. I was in a hurry and mixed 200mg in about 2 oz water. It was really bad and it lingered for so long!

Another honorable mention is high-quality tongkat Ali. I had an extract that clumped into ~200mg rocks that wouldn't dissolve quickly, so I just took it like a pill, but it was so incredibly bitter when it landed on my tongue.
When I was beta testing the pre I had my girl try it and she legitimately almost puked lol. I can shotgun anything bro, take shots of any alcohol lol but TeaCrine is a whole different animal.

Real quick though, what have you noticed at 200mg? Have you taken 200mg solo?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When I was beta testing the pre I had my girl try it and she legitimately almost puked lol. I can shotgun anything bro, take shots of any alcohol lol but TeaCrine is a whole different animal.
A friend of mine told me that mega-dosed PEA-HCL was the absolute worst thing he ever tasted (he wanted to see if it'd do anything at a crazy dose; It did).

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Real quick though, what have you noticed at 200mg? Have you taken 200mg solo?
I haven't taken 200mg in isolation. I was taking 200mg caffeine at the time, along with a handful of other nootropics/adaptogens (but no other stimulants). I had just gotten the Theacrine right before I was planning on going to downtown Delray, and decided to replace my 200mg caffeine with 200mg theacrine. I would say that it wasn't as good as the caffeine. Less energy really. However, I don't get nervous/jittery with caffeine, and my stack works so well with regular caffeine, which may not carry over to Theacrine. I was underwhelmed by it though, especially for practical applications. For one, it tastes terrible, and, second, it's so much more expensive than caffeine and other stimulants or sources of energy. Not really a fan. Perhaps it'd be ok paired with caffeine, but there are other better options out there IMO.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I haven't taken 200mg in isolation. I was taking 200mg caffeine at the time, along with a handful of other nootropics/adaptogens (but no other stimulants). I had just gotten the Theacrine right before I was planning on going to downtown Delray, and decided to replace my 200mg caffeine with 200mg theacrine. I would say that it wasn't as good as the caffeine. Less energy really. However, I don't get nervous/jittery with caffeine, and my stack works so well with regular caffeine, which may not carry over to Theacrine. I was underwhelmed by it though, especially for practical applications. For one, it tastes terrible, and, second, it's so much more expensive than caffeine and other stimulants or sources of energy. Not really a fan. Perhaps it'd be ok paired with caffeine, but there are other better options out there IMO.
I've taken quite a bit for different applications and while I actually really like it paired with 200mg of caffeine, solo it's a stimulation you can't really "feel" in my opinion.

onder18

onder18

Awards
Alcar at 1 to 2 grams. Tyrosine I can't really comment on due to lack of experience. Alpha gpc I'd run 300 to 600 mgs. with the alcar or huperzine. If you run it solo I'd use 600 to 900 mgs. Alcar also stacks well with n a rala and amentoflavone. I've run that stack before and it has a pretty good mood boost and focus. If you're still using the Creamax xt I'd stack n a rala and alcar with it. Should pair well with the creatine and amento. I'd also probably try 1000 mgs. of alcar with 100 mcgs huperzine. Might even try 1500 mgs. Alcar with 150 mcgs. huperzine.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
ALCAR at 2g, Noopept at 10-30mg, SNS Huperzine 1 cap/day is all good stuff. Alpha GPC I've only messed around with a few times so hard to comment on that one.

You should feel a def uptick in mood from 1g ALCAR though and the Huperzine.

I usually dose 1g ALCAR in the AM and mid day around 2pm.