Any JYM Army members here?

TheMaster

TheMaster

Banned
Awards
I recently became a proud member of the JYM Army. The product profiles are amazing and simply you get what you pay for.

I know that some of you think they are too expensive but hey if it costs an extra 5-6 bucks per tub of whatever to know what you are putting in your body then its worth it to me.

What do you guys think of this brand?

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Honestly i think his stuff is alright... Nothing crazy. Definitely dont like the protein, pes select or usp modern is much better. The preworkout is whatever. I think preworkouts are overrated all together. Ive never heard his products mentioned here.

solidsnake

solidsnake

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've never tried them mate but I was wondering if your a fan of his ideals, do you do the post workout gummy bear/ pyxy stixs thing and if so how does it work for you?

TheMaster

TheMaster

Banned
Awards
Honestly i think his stuff is alright... Nothing crazy. Definitely dont like the protein, pes select or usp modern is much better. The preworkout is whatever. I think preworkouts are overrated all together. Ive never heard his products mentioned here.
I currently use his pre, post, multi, fish oil (Which is oustanding), and ZMA. I am a die hard fan of Select by PEScience and refuse to use any other. Right now I got C&C and just ordered a new tub of Snickerdoodle.

TheMaster

TheMaster

Banned
Awards
I've never tried them mate but I was wondering if your a fan of his ideals, do you do the post workout gummy bear/ pyxy stixs thing and if so how does it work for you?
Nah don't mess with the gummy bears or pixy sticks. I just hit my protein shake (Since I workout fasted) then 20 minutes later I'll down a scoop of his post workout matrix. After that I have my meal of chicken and rice.

Pre-workout I take a scoop of Pre-Jym to get my BCAA's along with a serving of his fish oil and multi. I leave the house for the gym within 30-45 minutes of waking. I just sip on it like coffee to get it in my system.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Overpriced product with a celeb endorser

raul87

raul87

Awards
  • Established
I do like Pre jym it gives me good endurance and I might buy some more eventually. That being said I am starting to hate the Jym Army page it's a ****ing cult following now I've had several post deleted when someone asks about comparable products and I offer some recommendations. It's getting ridiculous I even brought up valid points but it's like his products are the only ones that work according to them and it's the line to end all lines.

TheMaster

TheMaster

Banned
Awards
I do like Pre jym it gives me good endurance and I might buy some more eventually. That being said I am starting to hate the Jym Army page it's a ****ing cult following now I've had several post deleted when someone asks about comparable products and I offer some recommendations. It's getting ridiculous I even brought up valid points but it's like his products are the only ones that work according to them and it's the line to end all lines.
Even though I'm a fan of his stuff I do agree 100% with you. Those people are brainwashed in thinking its JYM or nothing. There are other solid companies out there making solid products. PEScience being the top dog in my opinion.

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
Just because the guy is a doctor doesn't mean his supplements are worth buying. He makes more money selling supplements to suckers who think they need them than he would as an actual MD.
That's why there's a million different supplement brands and new ones popping up every day for YouTube and fitness celebrities. None of them are special or different than the **** that's always been available. The marketing and sales bull**** just gets better and people get more gullible and less educated.

TheMaster

TheMaster

Banned
Awards
Just because the guy is a doctor doesn't mean his supplements are worth buying. He makes more money selling supplements to suckers who think they need them than he would as an actual MD.
That's why there's a million different supplement brands and new ones popping up every day for YouTube and fitness celebrities. None of them are special or different than the **** that's always been available. The marketing and sales bull**** just gets better and people get more gullible and less educated.
The label purity doesnt lie though. I don't mind investing my money in his line of products. Say what you will but it's grest quality.

Bossmoss94

Bossmoss94

Awards
I've taken the JYM products. They're alright. I got good recovery. I had good workouts. However, I've had better workouts and better recovery with other products.
He wants transparent labels.
I say Who F*cking cares bro! I wanna get stimmed out of my mind for preworkout and I wanna take a fast digesting protein with a fast digesting carb. I could honestly care less about a "transparent" label.
It it works, it works. Plain and simple. Could I be "hurting" my body by not knowing the exact amount of an ingredient? Sure. But that's my choice and that's a choice that I'm willing to make every day. Why? Because I want effectiveness. Not science backed dosages.
That's my personal opinion though. And I understand that some people REALLY care about having a label with every dose of every ingredient listed. And that's okay too! I'm just not like that.
Hope everyone enjoyed this pointless rant ?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've taken the JYM products. They're alright. I got good recovery. I had good workouts. However, I've had better workouts and better recovery with other products.
I say Who F*cking cares bro! I wanna get stimmed out of my mind for preworkout and I wanna take a fast digesting protein with a fast digesting carb. I could honestly care less about a "transparent" label.
It it works, it works. Plain and simple. Could I be "hurting" my body by not knowing the exact amount of an ingredient? Sure. But that's my choice and that's a choice that I'm willing to make every day. Why? Because I want effectiveness. Not science backed dosages.
That's my personal opinion though. And I understand that some people REALLY care about having a label with every dose of every ingredient listed. And that's okay too! I'm just not like that.
Hope everyone enjoyed this pointless rant ��
This issue in the link I posted is that he claimed he was the only one who had transparent protein, when that wasn't the case, and his protein wasn't even the most transparent. To a consumer who isn't very knowledgeable regarding supplements/brands, they would likely take his word for it, and buy his protein if they're looking for something transparent, as they would believe that his is the only option when, in reality, it's not. It's deceptive, and incorrect.

Bossmoss94

Bossmoss94

Awards
Yeah I realize that was the point in your article posting. I was posting about an unrelated topic/general rant.

raul87

raul87

Awards
  • Established
The one thing I will say about that FB page is there is a ton of positive reinforcement and so many success stories and I think we all like seeing those. I've seen more than a few people that have lost well over 100lbs but they need to knock the **** off that they couldn't have done without his supps

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I realize that was the point in your article posting. I was posting about an unrelated topic/general rant.
I know what you mean. Especially when you're talking about something that's designed solely to give you acute subjective effects only (such as a purely stimulant pre-workout), assuming it's dosed safely, if it give you the energy and stim feeling you want, it's all good. However, a transparent label becomes more important with something that is intended to give you more gradual effects, or things you may not notice immediately or for weeks/months. In that case, knowing how much of each ingredient is in it can give you a better idea of if it's worth using for weeks/months before you can really tell if it works or not.

TheMaster

TheMaster

Banned
Awards
The way his supplements are designed it takes some time till your body adjusts to them. For example the pre from a stim standpoint is weak. It has 300 mg of caffeine in it but that's it. When you have been taking heavy stim based pre's you can totally tell the difference. It takes a while for your body to then adjust to his product. But when it does it's all good.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yea dude is a clown and that rant he did made no sense. Honestly i used to try to follow his programs on bodybuilding.com and its torture to listen to his commentary. Very awkward dude.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The way his supplements are designed it takes some time till your body adjusts to them. For example the pre from a stim standpoint is weak. It has 300 mg of caffeine in it but that's it. When you have been taking heavy stim based pre's you can totally tell the difference. It takes a while for your body to then adjust to his product. But when it does it's all good.
300Mg of caffiene is alot.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I dont know what the whole point behind this has been, but i feel like you should do what works for you. If you respond best using his stuff definitely keep using it. As long as your progressing.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Hope everyone enjoyed this pointless rant ?
Effectiveness is science backed dosages...

Science is how we determine those dosages..

niclas90

Awards
  • Established
You're just paying for the name. There are better alternatives at better prices.

raul87

raul87

Awards
  • Established
One of the admins on the fan page said that his test booster Alpha Jym would be the best on cycle support supp lol

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Honestly, Jim's facebook page just did a great job of selling me on Nutrabio's product. I'd never looked at it, and it looks pretty decent.

The problem is, this may not even be Jim's fault. He probably has social media people handling this and they were told, "Our latest marketing strategy is that we are the ONLY non-prop protein" and then they get hit with the facts and don't have anywhere to turn because it isn't their call on how to market the product. They may not have been told to ignore the facts, but the goal they were given put them in a position they had to. Which doesn't make it right by any means, but this probably isn't Jim even responding on that page. He's probably golfing while this is going on.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
One of the admins on the fan page said that his test booster Alpha Jym would be the best on cycle support supp lol
Nice!!!! Nothing better than boosting shut down test levels!!!!

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
He started out with a great idea on the non-prop dosing. But the cult mentality is insane, and you can get equal or better quality protein for $10/lb. And all you need is WPC and Casein from Milk Protein. Eat some eggs if you want, too.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I remember when he came out with his fish oil and claimed that studies showed an equal amount of epa/dha was optimal. I asked on his FB page, super politely, if he could share these studies with us. That's it. My comment got deleted.

F*ck Jym and his wheezing bullsh!t rants about how no other products but his work. He may have started with the right mentality, but he's now just another money-hungry leech on the supp industry.

Bossmoss94

Bossmoss94

Awards
I remember when he came out with his fish oil and claimed that studies showed an equal amount of epa/dha was optimal. I asked on his FB page, super politely, if he could share these studies with us. That's it. My comment got deleted.

F*ck Jym and his wheezing bullsh!t rants about how no other products but his work. He may have started with the right mentality, but he's now just another money-hungry leech on the supp industry.

Pet peeve: when Supplement company owners say that NO other products work. Like, wtf did you use before you made your own line? Obviously you used something that worked lol.

TheMaster

TheMaster

Banned
Awards

Pet peeve: when Supplement company owners say that NO other products work. Like, wtf did you use before you made your own line? Obviously you used something that worked lol.
He made his own and now sells the same exact ingredients just in a bottle with his name on it. YOu don't have to buy supplements to use them as its possible to make your own if you know what you are doing and have a lab.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
He made his own and now sells the same exact ingredients just in a bottle with his name on it. YOu don't have to buy supplements to use them as its possible to make your own if you know what you are doing and have a lab.
You don't need a lab. Almost everything in any supplement can be purchased in bulk, and all the dosages are on Examine.com and PubMed. Other than fancy labels, marketing copy, and convenience - you can makes almost everything you can buy, yourself. Most of time, cheaper.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
JYM is overpriced

And its easy to see that if you know supplements at all.

TheMaster

TheMaster

Banned
Awards
You don't need a lab. Almost everything in any supplement can be purchased in bulk, and all the dosages are on Examine.com and PubMed. Other than fancy labels, marketing copy, and convenience - you can makes almost everything you can buy, yourself. Most of time, cheaper.
Exactly. A lab though technically is just a room where you make your own stuff with chemicals. Could be a kitchen, a bathroom, or a basement.

TheMaster

TheMaster

Banned
Awards
JYM is overpriced

And its easy to see that if you know supplements at all.
Some people have the money that they don't give a **** if one supp costs 10 dollars more as long as the ingredients are solid and good quality. Its like 25 cents to them in difference. Not a big deal. Say what you will about Jim and his JYM line. The ingredient profiles are broken down so you know exactly what you are putting in your body and thats his strong selling point since he markets his products where its easy to find them. Also people like knowing they are investing into a product where they are getting what they pay for. Nutribio does not have the same marketing budget so the average consumer would never know about them. Advantage = JYM.

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Some people have the money that they don't give a **** if one supp costs 10 dollars more as long as the ingredients are solid and good quality. Its like 25 cents to them in difference. Not a big deal. Say what you will about Jim and his JYM line. The ingredient profiles are broken down so you know exactly what you are putting in your body and thats his strong selling point since he markets his products where its easy to find them. Also people like knowing they are investing into a product where they are getting what they pay for. Nutribio does not have the same marketing budget so the average consumer would never know about them. Advantage = JYM.
Completely agree with this, I think the Jym line is pretty solid and even though somewhat expensive it's worth it. Yeah Jim might have said some things that can be seen as wrong but still doesn't drop the quality of his products, and you gotta give him some props he tries to answer most people on all his social media accounts even though they ask the same questions over and over again and it's mostly dumbazz questions, I could be wrong but I've never seen any other company do that. And his products and workouts get results every time I mostly follow his routines and have made great results over the last couple years. I think his followers are annoying and do think he might overhype the line and it's seen as a "holy grail" which I don't think it should be treated that way but still people are being too rough about that stuff. if I took the label off and handed anyone a scoop of any of the products I promise they would praise it and beg for more

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
But when Jym starts incorrectly claiming that he's the only one on the market offering non-prop protein, that's BS. It's wrong, deceptive, misleading, etc. Perhaps it was a mistake, maybe he wasn't aware of these other companies, but when it was pointed out to him he just kept ranting about how he was right, and proceeded to delete comments from people correcting him. Yeah, he has good products, but so do many other companies; companies that don't blatantly lie and deceive consumers by telling them that they're the only company that offers something when they're not (NutraBio actually breaks down their profile more completely than Jym does). Yes, Jym does more marketing then NB, which is fine, good for both of them, but keep your advertising honest. Based on what you're saying, people will buy Jym supplements anyway, so why lie? I'm not saying he has to point out other companies that sell good products, but don't say that you're the only one when you're not, and especially don't stick your head in the sand and stick to your guns when you're wrong. That's my rant...

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Completely agree with this, I think the Jym line is pretty solid and even though somewhat expensive it's worth it. Yeah Jim might have said some things that can be seen as wrong but still doesn't drop the quality of his products, and you gotta give him some props he tries to answer most people on all his social media accounts even though they ask the same questions over and over again and it's mostly dumbazz questions, I could be wrong but I've never seen any other company do that. And his products and workouts get results every time I mostly follow his routines and have made great results over the last couple years. I think his followers are annoying and do think he might overhype the line and it's seen as a "holy grail" which I don't think it should be treated that way but still people are being too rough about that stuff. if I took the label off and handed anyone a scoop of any of the products I promise they would praise it and beg for more
Most people would LIKE or even use his products, but many of us would in no way "beg for more." They're good products for sure, but there are a plethora of good products out there today. Let's be real here...

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
I fail to see the real point of this thread... reads like a troll thread to me but whatever lol

Either way you are trusting his claims, and I don't see how anything in his line all that special. Plenty of companies have done what he did long before he did it even tho he claims otherwise.. and there are many others currently doing and providing all of the same things often for less money.

I don't really care for him as a person, to me he is just another Doctor Oz. If you like him and his lineup go for it, he has marketed himself very well and has many fan's doesn't effect me if anyone uses his stuff or likes him in any way.

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Most people would LIKE or even use his products, but many of us would in no way "beg for more." They're good products for sure, but there are a plethora of good products out there today. Let's be real here...
No I agree with you there is plenty of good products out there and in no way am I saying it's the best or the only good one or anything like that I just mean they are great products and I do think he hypes them up a little too much and I'm not defending anything he said or did just stating that people are getting a little too caught up in that drama for no reason. I know if I made a product id make something I'm proud of and would most likely be saying it's the best, why not take pride in your own product. Maybe I got carried away with the beg for more but my point is the Jym line is solid and if you separate all the dumb stuff going on ("take off the label") most people would agree that it is definitely something to be enjoyed and people wouldn't be saying things like "fuk Jym" wether or not you like Jim the person shouldn't have anything to do with the quality of his products. And after all he's in it to make money why wouldn't he advertise it as the "only" way to go

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No I agree with you there is plenty of good products out there and in no way am I saying it's the best or the only good one or anything like that I just mean they are great products and I do think he hypes them up a little too much and I'm not defending anything he said or did just stating that people are getting a little too caught up in that drama for no reason. I know if I made a product id make something I'm proud of and would most likely be saying it's the best, why not take pride in your own product. Maybe I got carried away with the beg for more but my point is the Jym line is solid and if you separate all the dumb stuff going on ("take off the label") most people would agree that it is definitely something to be enjoyed and people wouldn't be saying things like "fuk Jym" wether or not you like Jim the person shouldn't have anything to do with the quality of his products. And after all he's in it to make money [/b]why wouldn't he advertise it as the "only" way to go[/b]
It's one thing to say your products are the best; that's basic marketing. What is objectively wrong is to LIE to consumers by making an explicitly false statement that your product is the only one on the market when it's not, and then censor comments that prove otherwise. I don't want to say much more than this, but I think my point is clear...

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I haven't taken any real issue with his product, but as Muscleupcrohn pointed out - while they may be good quality and many of us would consider his products, use them, like them, etc. - they aren't THAT much better than other options that are available, and there are other options available that may be even better than his line.

Nutrabio comes up in this case because he said he was the ONLY non-prop protein, and it turns out we didn't have to look very far to find a protein that was even BETTER at being non-prop than he is. And instead of applauding such a company, he deleted the evidence (or at least someone working for him did).

And how good can his products really be if he has to make claims that he is doing what no one else is doing, and then it turns out they aren't true? If his products were really that special, when he pointed out what was special about them, it would actually be special.

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
It's one thing to say your products are the best; that's basic marketing. What is objectively wrong is to LIE to consumers by making an explicitly false statement that your product is the only one on the market when it's not, and then censor comments that prove otherwise. I don't want to say much more than this, but I think my point is clear...
I understand and no hard feelings like I've said I agree it's seen as better then it is by him and his cult , but just think people are too focused on all that stuff and aren't giving the products enough credit, but in the end it's true he shouldn't say that stuff just sucks that in my opinion a couple great supplements are being talked bad about

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I understand and no hard feelings like I've said I agree it's seen as better then it is by him and his cult , but just think people are too focused on all that stuff and aren't giving the products enough credit, but in the end it's true he shouldn't say that stuff just sucks that in my opinion a couple great supplements are being talked bad about
There are other companies that have products that are just as good. If you have two products that are equally as good, why would you support the company that is intentionally deceiving and lying to you? There's nothing wrong with his line, they're solid products, but this whole thing is just a major turn off, and soured me to his company, although his products are still good.

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
There are other companies that have products that are just as good. If you have two products that are equally as good, why would you support the company that is intentionally deceiving and lying to you? There's nothing wrong with his line, they're solid products, but this whole thing is just a major turn off, and soured me to his company, although his products are still good.
Because I don't take it personal and I don't think anyone should who cares ? its marketing , tryna make money how often do you see companies say their product is the strongest and the best and the first of its kind and it's not true ? Yet people are making a big deal about his , and that's been my point it's a solid product and I don't see why people are taking it personal that's it . And to answer your question I would go with Jym because it's always the pwo protein and post workout I return to because it works for me every time I use it and while other products are great and I enjoy them I constantly ether build a tolerance quick or find something missing in terms of effectiveness doesn't mean I don't use other products , I have a kitchen full of great products and I like variety I don't only do Jym and don't think it's "the Jym way or bust" again I just don't see why people are making such a big deal about it, they're good products and I don't think it's necessary for people to start talking bad about it so much that it ends up being a discussion on a thread one guy made to find more people who use the same products as him which is what this thread turned to

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
And another thing you have to keep in mind that all this stuff we take reacts different to different people while one pwo might be your absolute favorite it might not do crap for me so to some people, even if it's a placebo effect from all the stuff Jim says, Jym might be the only product they think works great for them

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Because I don't take it personal and I don't think anyone should who cares ? its marketing , tryna make money how often do you see companies say their product is the strongest and the best and the first of its kind and it's not true ? Yet people are making a big deal about his , and that's been my point it's a solid product and I don't see why people are taking it personal that's it . And to answer your question I would go with Jym because it's always the pwo protein and post workout I return to because it works for me every time I use it and while other products are great and I enjoy them I constantly ether build a tolerance quick or find something missing in terms of effectiveness doesn't mean I don't use other products , I have a kitchen full of great products and I like variety I don't only do Jym and don't think it's "the Jym way or bust" again I just don't see why people are making such a big deal about it, they're good products and I don't think it's necessary for people to start talking bad about it so much that it ends up being a discussion on a thread one guy made to find more people who use the same products as him which is what this thread turned to
It is one thing to say "Supplement X is the best," or even "Supplement Y is the best, strongest, most effective supplement on the market because it's effectively dosed and completely open label." One could argue all day about which product is the best; there's no real way to prove it beyond a doubt; it's subjective. It's other thing entirely to say "My supplement Z is the ONLY supplement on the market with an open label" when it's not true at all. It's objectively false. And to keep defending this position when presented with facts showing otherwise proves it wasn't simply a mistake or him not being aware of the other companies. If you can't recognize this distinction, there's no point continuing this discussion...