Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Vinpocetine
Hup A
Pycnogenol

SNS Focus XT gets lots of nice reviews.

Maybe Check out the nootropic forum too.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
SNS focus xt is always good. The razor s edge by blackstone-labs is a good product as well as just good old vitamin K.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Kenny Powers gave you my recommendation as well. I went through many tubs of focus xt in college. Add a Bronkaid and you're ready to study for hours.

JamesReef

JamesReef

Awards
How old are you? Find the cause of your bad memory and then delete it from your life. Problem solved
Not at all trying to be a douche, my memory improved drastically once I quit tokin' it lolol

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How old are you? Find the cause of your bad memory and then delete it from your life. Problem solved
Not at all trying to be a douche, my memory improved drastically once I quit tokin' it lolol
I don't recall OP saying he had a bad memory of memory problems. Improving memory and/or cognitive ability is very intriguing and promising, and I'd argue may even be something that is more likely to be attempted by people with relatively high baselines in these areas.

JamesReef

JamesReef

Awards
I don't recall OP saying he had a bad memory of memory problems. Improving memory and/or cognitive ability is very intriguing and promising, and I'd argue may even be something that is more likely to be attempted by people with relatively high baselines in these areas.
True, I'm over here assuming like an a hole
Apologies if that is not the case OP:)
And yeah great point I sometimes narrow myself into certain viewpoints

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Focus XT was formulated for this purpose.

It improves memory formation, storage and recall remarkably from my experience. It literally got me through uni. It's price point makes it a sure staple for those looking for an all round nootropic base.

adamcj1

adamcj1

Awards
Hi Sss23,

I'm not a medical doctor (so double-check everything with your physician, and don't interpret anything I say as medical advice) but I've done a lot of research in this area. First and foremost, if you've noticed a decline in your memory relatively recently, you need to talk to your doctor ASAP. I know that your phrasing didn't imply this, but since it didn't rule out the possibility, I want to err on the side of being responsible. If you feel like you are suffering a memory deficit relative to your typical baseline, inquire with your doctor about L-methylfolate. Basically just folic acid, but optically pure, and more bioavailable. Unsure if it boosts memory for individuals without any cognitive deficits, but works wonders for some folks (myself included).

Based purely on anecdotal evidence (my experiences and my brother's), I've found that DMAE has some mild but noticeable effects. More beneficial for concentration than for memory per se, but if you're interested in memory for the sake of exams/etc., concentration and recall have sufficiently close ties that you might want to give it a try.

DMAE is one of the ingredients in Focus-XT, and (having tried the other individual ingredients independently and in various combinations), I attribute most of the effects that I got from Focus-XT to the DMAE. If you take other stims, L-tyrosine and some B-vitamins probably aren't a bad idea to keep your catecholamines closer to decent levels. Not sure if DMAE is supposed to be taken with some choline support, but if so, the low bioavailability of choline bitartrate (in Focus-XT) makes it a less-than-optimal choice. I wasn't a big fan of the high caffeine content in Focus-XT, but that's presumably a matter of personal preference.

This post is getting kind of long, but one other notable memory-booster is vasopressin. I don't think that I can post links yet, but if you search pubmed for "vasopressin memory" you'll get a ton of hits. I'm not sure of the legal status (might be Rx-only) but worth an inquiry with your physician.

Best,

ACJ

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Focus XT if you are looking for something comprehensive. If you are looking to really get into Noots, go check out some noot forums or other threads on this forum.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Focus XT if you are looking for something comprehensive. If you are looking to really get into Noots, go check out some noot forums or other threads on this forum.
Focus XT is a good start for this sort of thing. It's affordable, and the ingredients it does contain seem to be dosed well (a big problem with many nootropic supplements). From there, one could always add in more nootropics (herbal extracts, racetams, etc).

Also, choline bitartrate isn't all that bad IMO. I'm not saying that it's as good as or better than A-GPC or CDP, but it's far from useless, and even has some promising research in healthy young people (something that is important for nootropics IMO).

adamcj1

adamcj1

Awards
BTW, I might have sounded too critical of Focus XT. Definitely a useful product; I agree with warbird01 re: comprehensive/with Jiigzz re: all around, and with muscleupcrohn re: dosed well.
muscleupcrohn:
Also, choline bitartrate isn't all that bad IMO. I'm not saying that it's as good as or better than A-GPC or CDP, but it's far from useless.
A much better-articulated version of what I was attempting to say :)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
as most have mentioned, focus xt is right up your alley.

you could even pair with some other noots like Noopept xt for added impact/benefits

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
There is a MASSIVE thread about nootropics on T-nation that I went through long time ago. Most of the products that are listed on here are the main products but the dosages and everything was listed on there. At one point I was taking them for a few months or so on regular basis and it was amazing.

Sss23

Awards
  • Established
There is a MASSIVE thread about nootropics on T-nation that I went through long time ago. Most of the products that are listed on here are the main products but the dosages and everything was listed on there. At one point I was taking them for a few months or so on regular basis and it was amazing.

Can you go into more detail about your favorite ones specifically?

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
El1xir by Olympus labs has a whole host of clinically dosed ingredients that are both well researched/studied and effective. It would be worth a solid look imo. I know it has greatly helped me in my work with both recall and mental processing speed.

Focus XT is also good. Its more subtle though, and seemed to build up with time when I ran two tubs.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established