Suppression and PCT

CaptainJailew

Awards
I'm relatively new and still doing a bit of research into "advanced" supplementation and nootropics - I've seen the idea of "suppression" coming up a lot and it's often related to the need to run PCT to counter those effects - my question is this - what is being suppressed, what is the MOA and what does post-cycle therapy do to counteract this (PCT = Post Cycle Therapy, right?)

Thanks.

raul87

raul87

Awards
  • Established
When you use compounds that effect your hormones your body sees the extra test or whatever it converts to and sees there's enough and no need to produce more. This suppresses your HTPA so your balls won't be producing any more test since you're introducing more with the compound you're using. When you finish the product it takes time for your body to realize you aren't introducing anymore and will begin to produce test again and PCT is to aid in that and help you recover the fastest. That's how I see it I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will jump in with a better explanation.

CaptainJailew

Awards
That makes a ton of sense, after some quick google-fu I'm finding more info as well, but a lot of it jumps right in with acronyms and lingo that aren't explained elsewhere which makes it more difficult. Thanks for the reply.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
This might be best moved to Anabolics. Admin?

raul87

raul87

Awards
  • Established
No problem man we are all here to learn I'm fairly new to these more hardcore supps and am learning day by day. Go to the anabolic section and search tons of information there and good to see someone doing research not just jumping in without doing their due diligence. I'm in the same boat as you looking into running my first cycle soon