Basics for a newbie

Ndn

Awards
Hello. I was wondering what products would be best for a newcomer. Only supplements I've ever taken was protein powder and multivitamins. I would like to do a cycle/stack but I have no clue where to begin. No bashing, any help is good help. Thanks.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Welcome to the forum.

How old are you and what kind of stats can you provide.

Ps- we don't bash here, we help.

Ndn

Awards
Early 30s. 5'8 185lbs. Not sure about bf. Gym 5x a week and active.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
compan

compan

Awards
As far as supplementation goes, if you went the PH/non-natural route, I would do a lot of research first. It's best to know everything about what you are taking in that instance, what to look for and how to deal with it.

If you wanted to try out a natural stack, check out ingredients like phosphatidic acid and arachidonic acid. A product to check out that does not contain those ingredients but rather tries to maximize your natural free testosterone levels is Testabolan. It's a product I like using year round and I know of a couple others who use it similarly.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Welcome to the forum. Given your background, I think it would be wise to explore your potential with natural supplements before jumping into PH's or anything more serious. If you've only used a multi and protein, there are a lot of great natural products available that can help you gain an edge and make progress.

First off, what are you goals? Is your main focus fat loss or muscle gain?

Before knowing too much about your goals, the first supplement I would suggest as a staple in your stack would be creatine. Whether bulking or cutting, creatine can provide you with a great foundation to help with strength and muscle gain. I'd recommend a product like CreMax XT, which includes a full serving of creatine, 2.5g of betaine, glycerol, and an electrolyte blend that can serve as a great supplement foundation for any goal.

Beyond the basics, if you give us some more info we'd be happy to help you out and figure out what would be the best stack to get you to your goals. Best of luck and welcome to AM

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Based on that you've only taken a protein powder and a multi I would suggest starting out with some natural anabolics. You don't want to mess around with a PH and not have done the research. Check out an epicatechin product.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How long have you been consistently training and following a structured diet?

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
so yea, basically what i said and what everyone else said!

and no bashing-

cant ask for more

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Serious Nutrition Solutions is the go to company for cost effective bulk supplements that include strength/lean muscle builders such as ARA (x-gels), cortisol control products (reduce XT), joint support (cissus XT/joint support XT), fat loss (lean edge) and others. Check out the site for more. Any questions, myself and the SNS team are here to help you out!

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
Welcome to the forum. Given your background, I think it would be wise to explore your potential with natural supplements before jumping into PH's or anything more serious. If you've only used a multi and protein, there are a lot of great natural products available that can help you gain an edge and make progress.

First off, what are you goals? Is your main focus fat loss or muscle gain?

Before knowing too much about your goals, the first supplement I would suggest as a staple in your stack would be creatine. Whether bulking or cutting, creatine can provide you with a great foundation to help with strength and muscle gain. I'd recommend a product like CreMax XT, which includes a full serving of creatine, 2.5g of betaine, glycerol, and an electrolyte blend that can serve as a great supplement foundation for any goal.

Beyond the basics, if you give us some more info we'd be happy to help you out and figure out what would be the best stack to get you to your goals. Best of luck and welcome to AM
Great post here and agree 100%. I would recommend staples that promote general health and wellness, like creatine, a protein powder that you enjoy which will help you reach your protein macros, a high-quality fish oil, and maybe a good multi.

It would be helpful to know a few more details about what you eat (macro breakdown/total kcal) and what lifting program you're following, and whether you're trying to cut or add mass.

Ndn

Awards
Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. I just picked up: Orange Triad, Natrol Omega-3 Fish Oil, and MuscleTech CreaCore. My current regiment is basically 8x8 at moderate weight. I shall be doing this workout routine until the end of June. My goal is to get mass but would love to lose 10lbs of fat. I eat 5-6 meals a day taking in 2,500 calories. I would like to get a proper macro going. Even though I've been working out on and off, I learn something new everyday and I'm willing to soak anything up. No suggestion or tip is considered bad.

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
Adding mass = calorie surplus, losing fat = calorie deficit. Recomping is possible, but it can take quite a long time and is more difficult if you're not new to lifting. I would recommend picking 1 goal (either adding mass or losing fat) and sticking to it consistently.

If you choose adding mass, you'll need to eat in a surplus. Is 2500 a surplus for you?

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. I just picked up: Orange Triad, Natrol Omega-3 Fish Oil, and MuscleTech CreaCore. My current regiment is basically 8x8 at moderate weight. I shall be doing this workout routine until the end of June. My goal is to get mass but would love to lose 10lbs of fat. I eat 5-6 meals a day taking in 2,500 calories. I would like to get a proper macro going. Even though I've been working out on and off, I learn something new everyday and I'm willing to soak anything up. No suggestion or tip is considered bad.
If you are doing the Gironda 8x8, Epicatechin will help you greatly as I find Epicatechin allows the density of my workouts to be increased greatly...but of course, your diet is way more important.

Gironda's advice would be low/no carb for 3-4 days followed by moderate carb refeeds. You can follow his methods and probably get some good results as long as you aim for the proper caloric target.

If I wasn't on phone, I would ramble on more...but AM has plenty of helpful people for that. Don't think that supplements will do the work though....you need to train hard and eat properly