Ashwagandha (KSM66) cycle

theurge

Awards
Hi. I've been using KSM-66 for cortisol and mood while I try to lean out for summer....been using it for 2 months....do I need to cycle off it?

Also, I like to work out first thing in the morning on a fasted stomach...I heard alpha yohimbe (vs. yohimbe) is good for this...can anyone recommend a good AY product?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just did a quick search and it seems like there is no real agreement if Ashwagandha needs to be cycled or not. I will let someone that is more experienced with the ingredient post a link showing if it should or shouldn't be cycled. Personally, I would cycle it every so often.

For a Alpha-Y product, many fat burners contain Alpha-Y, but if you're looking for a product that is Alpha-Y and nothing else, check out TA2Max. It is simply 3mg of Alpha-Y and 5mg of Black Pepper Extract, to help with absorption. It can be used solo or with other fat burners. Nutriverse should have it in stock and are offering 20% off right now.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi. I've been using KSM-66 for cortisol and mood while I try to lean out for summer....been using it for 2 months....do I need to cycle off it?

Also, I like to work out first thing in the morning on a fasted stomach...I heard alpha yohimbe (vs. yohimbe) is good for this...can anyone recommend a good AY product?
There are many studies that use ashwagandha daily for at least 12 weeks, and I think there may even be some studies with a duration of 6-12 months. It's not a bad idea to take a few weeks off every few months (at least a few times a year), but I'd say that it's not something that you have to adhere to very strict cycle lengths with like some supplements.

Ashwagandha has a lot of research behind it (as well as a history of use in Indian Ayurveda dating back 6000 years). There are many studies showing many benefits in many populations, ranging from reducing stress/anxiety, improving body composition and performance, improving cognition, improving hormone balance, infertility, etc.

theurge

Awards
I have leaned out, but I got my diet in check, along with some help to PA's Ur Spray....

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
AY is good stuff if the supplier is legit. You can also snag some Yohim hcl as it's inexpensive and you can test it out to see if it works for you...

As for ksm-66, there's always a general rule of thought of taking a few weeks off if you're going to run a supplement year round. I usually take 2-3 weeks off it at some point. Been using it off/on since 2013. Great stuff.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
AY is good stuff if the supplier is legit. You can also snag some Yohim hcl as it's inexpensive and you can test it out to see if it works for you...

As for ksm-66, there's always a general rule of thought of taking a few weeks off if you're going to run a supplement year round. I usually take 2-3 weeks off it at some point. Been using it off/on since 2013. Great stuff.
I'm a little upset I just got on the Ashwagandha train and even sadder to take time off. I'm a teacher and thinking I'll take time off during the summer vacation winter vacation and other times where there is at least one week off from school. The stuff is magical.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm a little upset I just got on the Ashwagandha train and even sadder to take time off. I'm a teacher and thinking I'll take time off during the summer vacation winter vacation and other times where there is at least one week off from school. The stuff is magical.
That's realistically how I cycle it (engineering major). A few weeks off during winter break, and a few weeks off during summer break once or twice (depending on if I'm taking summer classes or a supplement that happens to contain ashwagandha (like AlphaMax XT) over the summer). IMO, it's not really something that it's a big deal if you use it regularly for extended periods of time, but it's never really a bad idea to take a few weeks off a few times a year.

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
What have you noticed from it? Im at the same profession and Im very interesting in your feedback

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What have you noticed from it? Im at the same profession and Im very interesting in your feedback
I did not notice much the first week or so. Around the 2-2.5 week mark, I felt like my head was much more clear, if that makes sense. I also noticed I did not drag for nearly as long in the morning. My morning routine is to wake up, use the bathroom, make my bed, get a cup of tea and then hop in the shower. I would feel groggy about an hour after waking up; on the commute to work. Right after my shower, I would feel ready to go. Energy and just overall sense of well being were increased throughout the day.

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
Anybody tried swanson ksm66? Or what brands are good for solo ksm?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anybody tried swanson ksm66? Or what brands are good for solo ksm?
Yeah. I've used Swanson KSM-66. It's good, but it only has 250mg per capsule, while Jarrow KSM-66 has 300mg per capsule, and is still cheaper per capsule. Most studies use 300mg of KSM-66 twice daily, so 2 caps of the Jarrow KSM-66 per day covers that perfectly.

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
Yeah. I've used Swanson KSM-66. It's good, but it only has 250mg per capsule, while Jarrow KSM-66 has 300mg per capsule, and is still cheaper per capsule. Most studies use 300mg of KSM-66 twice daily, so 2 caps of the Jarrow KSM-66 per day covers that perfectly.
cool good point ive been using 600 mg liquid about to run out so looks like jarrow will be good

theurge

Awards
I too have been using the Jarrow...good stuff.

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
I did not notice much the first week or so. Around the 2-2.5 week mark, I felt like my head was much more clear, if that makes sense. I also noticed I did not drag for nearly as long in the morning. My morning routine is to wake up, use the bathroom, make my bed, get a cup of tea and then hop in the shower. I would feel groggy about an hour after waking up; on the commute to work. Right after my shower, I would feel ready to go. Energy and just overall sense of well being were increased throughout the day.
Thank you

hrdgain81

hrdgain81

Awards
I've been using NOW brand Ashwagandha for about 2 months now, anyone see a noticeable difference between it and Jarrow?

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Been using the jarrow version for over a month. Keeps me calm and focused.