If We Can't Even Trust The Dairys - We're In Trouble

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
https://medium.com/@anthonyroberts/muscle-milk-syntha-6-isoflex-cellucor-and-optimum-nutritions-proteins-tested-for-bcaa-content-1bbd05ebf23

Glanbia owns a lot of these brands, I don't know who Fontera and the others are involved with. I would *highly* recommend also listening to last Thursday's episode of Super Human Radio with Anthony Roberts commenting on this. His take is that the Dairy is filtering out the peptides to sell separately for higher profit - A.K.A Glanbia's proprietary "PepForm" Leucine Peptide, etc...

I want to look around and see if Dante has commented on this...

StatePlan1425

StatePlan1425

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well sh1t. Glanbia was the one dairy I trusted. Fonterra was involved in that melamine laced milk protein scandal back in 2008.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
While I'm just as cynical as the next guy re: supplement companies, have you actually looked into how they performed this "study" and the measurements within? It's not exactly rock solid, up-to-date methodology (HPLC, etc). It's not published or peer-reviewed....

That said, maybe it's still legit. I'm sick of all the bs. Time to go back to bb basics. Chicken and eggs.

D

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Without the full paper or abstract it's hard to see how the protein was tested. I see that they may have been using a new testing measurement and if so, I'd be skeptical if the method wasn't validated by hplc or other means to verify the results.

Edit: Looking into this more (briefly) I don't trust the report of this. It was done by undergraduates and considering some responses I've read from actual chemists the undergraduate students did shotty work.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just a poster. Not peer-reviewed. Moving on.

M

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
https://medium.com/@anthonyroberts/muscle-milk-syntha-6-isoflex-cellucor-and-optimum-nutritions-proteins-tested-for-bcaa-content-1bbd05ebf23

Glanbia owns a lot of these brands, I don't know who Fontera and the others are involved with. I would *highly* recommend also listening to last Thursday's episode of Super Human Radio with Anthony Roberts commenting on this. His take is that the Dairy is filtering out the peptides to sell separately for higher profit - A.K.A Glanbia's proprietary "PepForm" Leucine Peptide, etc...

I want to look around and see if Dante has commented on this...
Hmm, not to pile on you, but this exact article was posted on this forum and pretty much concludes what the above guys said. Poorly conducted study, etc. Always good to be skeptical though.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Did you listen to Roberts comments on SHR? If not, he goes into all of your critiques. The lead researcher is a Prof that does this type of stuff, and is considered a heavy hitter (according to AR) in the research field, the "undergrads" were seniors and are probably Masters'/PhD's by now, nobody is going to ruin their not even started yet career by attaching to a "bogus" study, AR himself contacted ON/Glanbia numerous times (and I think Cellucor but I'd have to listen to the interview again) - with no responses from anybody - where in the past, the PR departments were all over him with spin on other issues (Protein Spiking) etc...

And the biggest one: When Glanbia produces 10,000 tubs of "PepForm" what do they do with all the Whey that it came from? Throw it out? They pulled that Leucine from something, where did that something go?

I'm not saying I'm 100% either, but with everything combined above, I'd say there's at least some smoke that needs investigating. And if you haven't listened to him go into detail, well... maybe you should?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jbatts77 Training Forum 3
M Anabolics 42
Manuil Anabolics 37
T Anabolics 18
H General Chat 10