Opinions on best pre and post workouts

way2leann

way2leann

Awards
I just use right now caffeine pills for pre and cell tech creatiean for post and see some nice results but I'm looking for some new pre that really gives a pump and good post any you can grab from gnc ect...

way2leann

way2leann

Awards
Just what you all think best pre post supplements are..

raul87

raul87

Awards
  • Established
My top 3 pres right now are Conqu3r Unleashed, Pre Jym, and Pre Bulk. As for post I just try to seat some good healthy meals filled with protein

C

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If caffeine gives you a good bump, I wouldn't use anymore stimulants. Using the least amount possible is the smartest way to go. I'd opt for a non-stim pump product like Hemavo2 Max which is jam packed with the top NO boosting and plasma volumizing ingredients at very high dosages. Tons and tons of great reviews all over and tastes awesome. Def worth a look IMO.

As for a post workout, aside from cell tech, Finish Line is very solid although with Torrent by universal and gaspari Size On.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Stim wise:
AEN Steel Edge
CL White Rapids
OL Conqu3r

Non-Stim Pre-workout: and add your own caffeine
IFN Finish Line
Scivation Xtend Perform
USP Labs Max Reps
PES Ergonine
OL Conqu3r Non-Stim
PES High Volume

If you want to add some extra bulk ingredients to your stim pre-workout look to reach
6-8g of citrulline
1-1.5g Agmatine
2-4g of Hydromax/Glycerol
Nitrates are also incredible for pumps.

As for post-workout, go home and eat.. Or take a shake with you and add water at the gym and eat some rice cakes, granola, trail mix on the side. It will be far more cost effective then buying something with simple carbs and protein like cell tech. The window of "opportunity" is much greater than people make it out to be, and for most cases food is overlapping into the post-workout period, so the need for something instant is not as great as you think it is. But if you are sold on having a shake or prefer to do so i would bring your own and your own carb sources.

If you do want a carb+Protein drink : Torrent from Universal , Dark Matter from MHP

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My favorite pre workout products are high volume, mesomorph or conqu3r. As far as post workout a solid protein powder like select by pes and some oats is a great option.

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
I don't take pre workout all the time, but I have sampled a number of them. Mesomorph is by far the strongest that I have tested.

A lot of my friends love JYM post workout. My normal post-workout regiment is a protein shake, with almond milk, frozen banana, creatin, and some natural peanut butter. However, I just began a log of IFN Finish Line Post Workout if you are interested. So far its good,

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/281544-finish-strong-finish.html

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would add HyperMax XT in as well for the pre. At one scoop the stim hits me pretty hard, those who are stim tolerant evite enjoy 1.5 scoops. Not sure many even do the full 2. It also gives great pump and focus.

Nutriverse is running 20% off right now as well.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I just use right now caffeine pills for pre and cell tech creatiean for post and see some nice results but I'm looking for some new pre that really gives a pump and good post any you can grab from gnc ect...
I wouldn't waste your time with the cell tech, you could save a lot of money using regular creatine mono. I would suggest looking into CreMax XT. CreMax XT works great as a non-stim preworkout and includes a full serving of creatine, so you could drop the celltech and save yourself some money. CreMax XT also contains glycerol to deliver a nice pump. 200mg of caffeine with CreMax XT makes for a great preworkout.

My other go-to stim preworkouts are as follows:

Hypermax XT - Performax Labs
Max Out - iForce
Mesomorph - APS Nutrition

RANS0M

RANS0M

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As far as post I do chocolate protein natty peanut butter oatmeal creatine and glutamine post workout

B

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Stim wise:
AEN Steel Edge
CL White Rapids
OL Conqu3r

Non-Stim Pre-workout: and add your own caffeine
IFN Finish Line
Scivation Xtend Perform
USP Labs Max Reps
PES Ergonine
OL Conqu3r Non-Stim
PES High Volume

If you want to add some extra bulk ingredients to your stim pre-workout look to reach
6-8g of citrulline
1-1.5g Agmatine
2-4g of Hydromax/Glycerol
Nitrates are also incredible for pumps.

As for post-workout, go home and eat.. Or take a shake with you and add water at the gym and eat some rice cakes, granola, trail mix on the side. It will be far more cost effective then buying something with simple carbs and protein like cell tech. The window of "opportunity" is much greater than people make it out to be, and for most cases food is overlapping into the post-workout period, so the need for something instant is not as great as you think it is. But if you are sold on having a shake or prefer to do so i would bring your own and your own carb sources.

If you do want a carb+Protein drink : Torrent from Universal , Dark Matter from MHP
What's your opinion on Glycerol. I've tried some PWOs but haven't noticed anything special. Thou I believe there was only about 1-1,5g per dose.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mesomorph and Conquer Unleashed both stick out as great pre's right now. I have been rotating them for a while. If you want a pump product my two favorites out right now are HemaVO2Max by Iforce and Vaskular by Komodo.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
You can get a 1.2 kg tub of creatine mono for about $15( a 1 year supply) . Grab some Agmatine, potassium nitrate and with your caffeine you will be set. ;)
This cannot be beat.

KNO3 from Iforce
HYDRO3 from OL

Either is a good source of nitrate.

Add in some bulk agmatine and citrulline malate from SNS and you would be set.

For an all in one non stim option:

Hemavo2 max
Maxreps
High volume

Any of these would do. Currently using MaxReps and will be doing so for the next fair while. Tastes amazing and the pump is insane.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Best for Stim, Massive endurance and energy boost has to be mesomorph, it also killed my appetite.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn't waste your time with the cell tech, you could save a lot of money using regular creatine mono. I would suggest looking into CreMax XT. CreMax XT works great as a non-stim preworkout and includes a full serving of creatine, so you could drop the celltech and save yourself some money. CreMax XT also contains glycerol to deliver a nice pump. 200mg of caffeine with CreMax XT makes for a great preworkout.

My other go-to stim preworkouts are as follows:

Hypermax XT - Performax Labs
Max Out - iForce
Mesomorph - APS Nutrition
I have to echo CreMax XT as something you should use alongside a stim or even non stim pre workout. CreMax XT can be used as a non stim, but would stack nicely with something like Hemavo2 Max, High Volume and one of my favorites, Noxygen.

Just to add to John's point, CreMax XT also has 2.5 grams of Betanine which can increase performance and body composition and also 2.5 grams of L-Alanyl L-Glutamine which is great for recovery. It is better than your plain gluatmine.

You could also stack it with a stimmed pre workout, here some some suggestions:

Low-Moderate stim:

C4
Volatile

High Stim

Gameday
Built
Mr. Hyde

M

magicwood

Awards
Ephedrine/Caffeine for me. Simple and proven effective.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
In my experience

1: = Mesomorph
2: = Cannibal Ferox Amped
3: = DS Frenzy + Crave V2 1 scoop of frenzy with 1 - 2 scoops of craze v2
4: = Hyde V2, lost effectiveness due to mass tolerance to caffeine, would prob hit hard now after my 30 day caffeine break
5: = ANS Ritual
6: = Cobra Labs The Curse
7: = C4 Extreme = tastes great but need 3 scoops for it to give slight boost so not cost effective.

some still left for me to try include DUST, V2 and the newer DMAA version when it is released, Conquer Unleashed which I have a sample and will report back next week on it effects, and Hyper Max and the XT version.

also heard Stimul8 is a strong PWO.

My Best Pump based ones have to be PES High Volume no 1, and no 2 would be HEMAV02 MAX. has anyone tried Rich Piana's Full as Fuc* PWO because the doses of actives seem to be effective. or 5150 his stim based version.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
1. Hypermax v1
2. Amino energy 6 scoops
3. C4
4. Sizzurp (I know I know... wtf)
5. Mesomorph

Out of the 5 I use C4 80% of the time due to cost. I always get hookups at gnc

B

blondbencher

Awards
In my experience

1: = Mesomorph
2: = Cannibal Ferox Amped
3: = DS Frenzy + Crave V2 1 scoop of frenzy with 1 - 2 scoops of craze v2
4: = Hyde V2, lost effectiveness due to mass tolerance to caffeine, would prob hit hard now after my 30 day caffeine break
5: = ANS Ritual
6: = Cobra Labs The Curse
7: = C4 Extreme = tastes great but need 3 scoops for it to give slight boost so not cost effective.

some still left for me to try include DUST, V2 and the newer DMAA version when it is released, Conquer Unleashed which I have a sample and will report back next week on it effects, and Hyper Max and the XT version.

also heard Stimul8 is a strong PWO.

My Best Pump based ones have to be PES High Volume no 1, and no 2 would be HEMAV02 MAX. has anyone tried Rich Piana's Full as Fuc* PWO because the doses of actives seem to be effective. or 5150 his stim based version.
Stimul8 is the jam man!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Simple Pres are what I usually go for it things without a high stim content.
Purus Labs Condense, Rage XL, some of my other favorites are not around anymore.
Steel Edge profile looks decent, the new MP looks clean and basic but like it'll get the job done.
It's all on what kind of feel you're after.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
MesoMorph for Pre and Finish Line for Post...Hemavo2 for insane pump