Cortisol control (I know this gets asked a lot)

Sss23

Awards
  • Established
But after doing research I didn't see any consensus, I guess absolute abliderated if I had to say one? Anybody care to help out?

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
EvoMuse Abliderate Ammo
EvoMuse Absolutely Abliderated
SNS Reduce-XT
Ashwagandha

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
SNS reduce xt is a great product for cortisol control. Have you tried any products for cortisol control before?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why are you looking for cortisol control? That may help decide what to recommend.

As far as individual ingredients, ashwagandha and tongkat ali come to mind. Both are adaptogens that can help reduce cortisol (with human studies confirming this), and also have other benefits, including improved body composition (both), improved libido (tongkat ali), reduces stress and anxiety (ashwagandha), improved cognition (ashwagandha), and improved exercise performance (potentially both). They go very well together IMO, and AlphaMax XT gives you a full dose of both, among other useful and versatile ingredients.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
SNS reduce xt has pretty much been the gold standard for years.

Ammo is a bit newer so there's less feedback but seems good.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
As others have previously stated, SNS REDUCE XT is the go to when it comes to cortisol control. It is recommended for those that are cutting and/or to control the rise in cortisol during PCT.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm surprised no one mentioned Iron Legions new product Invictus.

There are quite a few loggers currently using invictus, and there is a lot of feedback on b-AET. Everyone loved the old CEL Suppress C.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

There are quite a few loggers currently using invictus, and there is a lot of feedback on b-AET. Everyone loved the old CEL Suppress C.
Looks potent, but I try to recommend stuff that I have personally used. IL is top notch though.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Probably be user it's just too new for people to have formed opinions or run themselves yet. IL has always made good stuff but anything new still needs proven out in order to be recommended over things that have been proven for years.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
I have some SNS reduce XT on hand to use for my 3rd week of PCT onwards, do you recommend 2 cap 1 am & 1 pm or 3, and have one 1 hour pwo.

Invictus has also been ordered which i will use to see how both compare.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I have some SNS reduce XT on hand to use for my 3rd week of PCT onwards, do you recommend 2 cap 1 am & 1 pm or 3, and have one 1 hour pwo.

Invictus has also been ordered which i will use to see how both compare.
Spread all 3 throughout the day but try not to dose pre workout. You actually want some cort spike during your workout to allow for more muscle damage.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Unfortunately, transdermals aren't legal supplements, and so Suppress-C stays in the past for us :(

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Transdermal cortisol control products aren't legal? Because transdermals in general certainly aren't illegal.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Transdermal cortisol control products aren't legal? Because transdermals in general certainly aren't illegal.
Actually, they are very explicitly illegal.

There is no legal delivery route for dietary supplements other than oral ingestion.

Anything that is not orally ingested is not a dietary supplement per both DSHEA and the FD&CA.

Anything that isn't a dietary supplement and is being sold as one is an adulterated product, and therefore illegal.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So all the transdermals in the local vitamin and grocery stores delivering DHEA, preg, etc are actually illegal?

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So all the transdermals in the local vitamin and grocery stores delivering DHEA, preg, etc are actually illegal?
Upon closer inspection you'll find those products marketed as either cosmetics or drugs, not supplements.

There are dozens of warning letters citing the same statutes and same logic that products not marketed for oral ingestion are not legal dietary supplements.

There is a reason the biggest supplement companies don't sell transdermals, and it's not because they don't like money and just inexplicably don't want to sell those super legal products.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, that isn't true at all because some of the largest supplement companies do sell transdermals and they do very well by them. I'm not sure where you are getting your information from, but it doesn't seem to hold up. Maybe there is something to what you are saying, but I find it hard to believe that there would be so many products out there, including ones sold by large supplement companies, that wouldn't be targeted by this point.

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
Yeah, that isn't true at all because some of the largest supplement companies do sell transdermals and they do very well by them. I'm not sure where you are getting your information from, but it doesn't seem to hold up. Maybe there is something to what you are saying, but I find it hard to believe that there would be so many products out there, including ones sold by large supplement companies, that wouldn't be targeted by this point.
It's actually entirely true, just because they're not banned doesn't mean it's illegal, if they properly label it as a DRUG or COSMETIC then it is legal, there are many loopholes in terms of legalities my friend.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I get my information from federal law, lawyers, and regulatory enforcement by the FDA.

Which of the largest supplement companies do you think sell transdermal supplements?

Because I can't think of a single $100m+ company that sells transdermals as supplements.

None of the house brands by BB.com, VS, or GNC feature transdermals.

Lets look at the big conglomerates, that actually have an in-house general counsel and do legal risk assessment before selling products.

Glanbia? Nope.

Iovate? Nope.

Nutrabolt? Nope.

NBTY? Nope.

Natrol? Nope.

NAI? Nope.

The law explicitly defines what a dietary supplement is or can be, and delivery via transdermal absorption does not fit that definition.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Check out the FDA regulations on their site.

That being said, Invictus and Reduce XT are excellent options for controlling cortisol.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

loved the old CEL SUPPRESS C and loved INVICTUS...I was fortunate enough to be picked to log it and I highly recommend it...actually I bought a 2nd bottle!!!

I guarantee you that I am tight with my cash and would not buy a 2nd bottle if results were not STELLAR!!!

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
loved the old CEL SUPPRESS C and loved INVICTUS...I was fortunate enough to be picked to log it and I highly recommend it...actually I bought a 2nd bottle!!!

I guarantee you that I am tight with my cash and would not buy a 2nd bottle if results were not STELLAR!!!
Yep, BAET definitely works and works well

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yep, BAET definitely works and works well
lol...I thought you were going to say...yep, you sure are tight with your cash.....:toofunny:

man, I sure do miss the days of CEL in it's heyday, better days!!!

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
lol...I thought you were going to say...yep, you sure are tight with your cash.....:toofunny:

man, I sure do miss the days of CEL in it's heyday, better days!!!
Better days, but the law doesn't always work the way we want ;)

Vikingbro

Vikingbro

Awards
  • Established
One very easy way to control cortisol is with ascorbic acid (vitamin C). It's cheap and all you need is 1 gram post work out to keep cortisol levels in check.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Better days, but the law doesn't always work the way we want ;)
ALWAYS??? try never, lol.

j/k I know that there was potential for harm with kids getting their hands on ph's at a early age, kinda hard to control that with online stores.

but it still sucks, lol!!!

Sss23

Awards
  • Established
Would cortisol control at night help with sleep? I know elevated cortisol can keep you awake

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Absolutely it can help. It has stopped my 4am wake ups and I sleep really sound.

flarestar

Awards
would it be crazy to take reduce xt and absolutely abliderated at the same time? I'm guessing I shouldn't do such a thing. I'm currently using Eviscerate OG + Liq Clen and loving it (minus the water retention) and was thinking of going to Ab Ab + Clen except for the fact that i'm currently taking reduce xt (2nd week into PCT for H-Drol / 11-oxo cutting cycle last month)

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
would it be crazy to take reduce xt and absolutely abliderated at the same time? I'm guessing I shouldn't do such a thing. I'm currently using Eviscerate OG + Liq Clen and loving it (minus the water retention) and was thinking of going to Ab Ab + Clen except for the fact that i'm currently taking reduce xt (2nd week into PCT for H-Drol / 11-oxo cutting cycle last month)
I would not recommend.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would not recommend 2 cortisol control products at a time. Your joints are gonna hate you. Pick abliterate or reduce XT.

niklasericson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
11-Keto at 300mg
Ashwagandha
Glycine (cheap and effective)