Best sleep support with no nightmares

DoubleM101

DoubleM101

Awards
  • Established
Hi,

I´ve been taking AI Sports 3Z very occasionally for the last couple of years and it really helps me to asleep faster and sometimes i wake up refreshed.

However, i´m noticing some strange things.

- Sometimes, i wake up 1 or 2 hours after i asleep. This rarely happens when i don´t take it.
- Really really vivid nightmares. Not dreaming with monsters and something like that, but i dream with possible daily very very tense situations. Probably my issues with Anxiety contribute to that but it seems worse when i take the pills.

My deep sleep duration seems really low. I don´t know if it´s accurate or not because i´m measuring it with the Xiaomi Miband 1s, but i´ll try with Sleep as Android too to see if the i get the same results. The band it´s showing between 20 minutes and 1h of deep sleep per night. Rarely, i can get 1h30. It seems when i take the 3Z, the deep sleep time increases a litle bit but i´m not sure if it´s a coincidence or not.

So, in short, i´m looking for a supplement that would help me sleeping better, but will not cause nightmares. I suspect the nightmares came from the ZMA in 3Z, but i´m not sure.

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My go to is iForce Out Cold. It helps me fall asleep and get a deep sleep so I wake up feeling well rested. Check it out and see if it fits your needs.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
dream n grow by IML's is pretty good. I'd give that a shot if i were you. I've ran multiple bottles of it.

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
dream n grow by IML's is pretty good. I'd give that a shot if i were you. I've ran multiple bottles of it.
If you go with this use code mattborn15 at checkout for 15 % off your order

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
I personally enjoy the uses of phenibut in our products like REM 8.0 by Formutech and Revivarant G by APS. I often find I have some weird dreams regardless of what sleep aid I use. I attribute it to a deeper quality of sleep. Either way both of these products have increased my sleep quality by 20-30% based on my sleep tracking vs not taking them.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have learned that ZMA products give me very vivid, colorful dreams, almost psydelic.

For about a month now I have been using Muscle-Elements AminoPM, is a sleep aid/ BCAA formula. I don't wake up drunk or zombified like some of the more powerful ones out there.

Have also used AI 3z and been happy with that as well.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I generally don't use anything for sleep support.

Bulk GABA has been helpful, but I don't rely on it regularly. When I started Keto Induce up, my sleep was garbage for the first couple nights, so I utilized Sleephoria and it really helped. I weened back off of it after about a week and was back to normal sleeping.

I can't recall if the GABA impacted my dreaming situations; Sleephoria had no impact on that.

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
I personally enjoy the uses of phenibut in our products like REM 8.0 by Formutech and Revivarant G by APS. I often find I have some weird dreams regardless of what sleep aid I use. I attribute it to a deeper quality of sleep. Either way both of these products have increased my sleep quality by 20-30% based on my sleep tracking vs not taking them.
Isn't phenubit dangerous?

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Isn't phenubit dangerous?
I only need 1/4 scoop to be effective and I dont use it every night. I have never had an issue with dependency and one tub lasts me around 6 months.

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
Hi,

I´ve been taking AI Sports 3Z very occasionally for the last couple of years and it really helps me to asleep faster and sometimes i wake up refreshed.

However, i´m noticing some strange things.

- Sometimes, i wake up 1 or 2 hours after i asleep. This rarely happens when i don´t take it.
- Really really vivid nightmares. Not dreaming with monsters and something like that, but i dream with possible daily very very tense situations. Probably my issues with Anxiety contribute to that but it seems worse when i take the pills.

My deep sleep duration seems really low. I don´t know if it´s accurate or not because i´m measuring it with the Xiaomi Miband 1s, but i´ll try with Sleep as Android too to see if the i get the same results. The band it´s showing between 20 minutes and 1h of deep sleep per night. Rarely, i can get 1h30. It seems when i take the 3Z, the deep sleep time increases a litle bit but i´m not sure if it´s a coincidence or not.

So, in short, i´m looking for a supplement that would help me sleeping better, but will not cause nightmares. I suspect the nightmares came from the ZMA in 3Z, but i´m not sure.
This isn't Burger King you cant have it your way lol. Just joking around honestly your probably in deep rem sleep having vivid dreams like that you cant really dictate the outcome honestly based upon supplementation. Anytime i use a sleep aid product i get extremely vivid dreams, some you wish you would never wake up, others you cant wake up fast enough so im not sure about that one my man.

But if your looking to try my favorite is Growth Factor XT from SNS. Works wonders for me

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
As potentially mentioned, it is important not to get addicted to these.

Few things,(although sometimes hard)

* Try going to bed and waking up same time
* Perhaps something like a chamomille tea (feel free to bash me here)
* Read for a few minutes in bed - usually puts me to bed

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Rem 8.0 by Formutech is my go to these days. I have NEVER had a nightmare on it BUT I have had vivid dreams

I took something else once and had a nightmare that I was being attacked by aliens in a drive in movie theatre and woke my fiancé up SCREAMING as I was being attacked...then when she grabbed my shoulder the alien did the same thing and the screams got louder

Man it was awesome

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
The appropriately named Anesthetized will put you out. You will build up a resistance to the phenibut, however. I find Ashwhaganda works well.
I don't recall nightmares with either.

jack3d14

Awards
Rem 8.0 by Formutech is my go to these days. I have NEVER had a nightmare on it BUT I have had vivid dreams

I took something else once and had a nightmare that I was being attacked by aliens in a drive in movie theatre and woke my fiancé up SCREAMING as I was being attacked...then when she grabbed my shoulder the alien did the same thing and the screams got louder

Man it was awesome
lol that is some story

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm surprised you'd react that way to that product, but I suppose some people have experienced that with ZMA. I would also avoid products with l-dopa as it is known to produce vivid dreams.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Honestly I'd suspect the ZMA is NOT the cause of your nightmares, at least not directly. There are a lot of sleep aids available for different purposes. It's amazing how many people have come to me with sleep issues over the past year. Since sleep is such an important factor in health, and some products can be addictive, and lifestyle factors can play such a role, I've started telling everyone that comes to me in real life to get some ZMA and some KSM-66. I tell them if those don't work, come back to me. It may be placebo, or whatever, but no one has come back to me and most have called me up later and said, "I have a friend who can't sleep, but I don't have those pills with me, what are they again?"

ZMA overdose can also cause sleep issues too, so it isn't a more is better thing. If you're a male and having issues, try the female dose and see if that helps and increase slowly from there if you need to.

If none of that works, as suggested above, GABA is my next go-to. I've experimented with 500 mg - 20 gram doses and for me, 2 grams is the real sweet spot. Like the ZMA, it seems there is a sweet spot and more isn't always better. 1 gram works well, 4 grams works well still, but 2 grams and I am out.

And then, if you are having a really tough night, something with Phenibut - but don't use that regularly.

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
I'm surprised you'd react that way to that product, but I suppose some people have experienced that with ZMA. I would also avoid products with l-dopa as it is known to produce vivid dreams.
This.

Ldopa will make you question what is dream and what is reality

Rodraid

Awards
I don't think it is the ZMA in 3Z. 3Z contains other "sleep aides".

Proprietary 3Z's Blend 1,383mg †
Valerian (Valeriana Officinalis)(Root) (10:1 Powdered Extract), Magnolia Bark, Passion Flower (Passiflora Incarnata) (4:1 Powdered Extract), L-Theanine, Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid (GABA), Bacopa Monniera P.E. 20% Baccosides

I add 3mg of melatonin to 3Z and sleep like a baby but sometimes I wake up about 3-4 hours into my sleep and have vivid dreams also.

I have found only taking 2 capsules instead of 3 I will not wake up 3-4 hours into my sleep. I still have dreams but that's ok.

Rod

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't think it is the ZMA in 3Z. 3Z contains other "sleep aides".

Proprietary 3Z's Blend 1,383mg †
Valerian (Valeriana Officinalis)(Root) (10:1 Powdered Extract), Magnolia Bark, Passion Flower (Passiflora Incarnata) (4:1 Powdered Extract), L-Theanine, Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid (GABA), Bacopa Monniera P.E. 20% Baccosides

I add 3mg of melatonin to 3Z and sleep like a baby but sometimes I wake up about 3-4 hours into my sleep and have vivid dreams also.

I have found only taking 2 capsules instead of 3 I will not wake up 3-4 hours into my sleep. I still have dreams but that's ok.

Rod
Studies show there is no need to take 3 mg of melatonin; 500 mcg works just fine, without any of the hang over feelings some experience from melatonin.

WadeWilson

Awards
Ashwagandha and theanine in the evening to relax and de-stress, and ZMA and melatonin before bed. Re melatonin, take as little as you can to still have the desired effect. For some people, less is more.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ashwagandha and theanine in the evening to relax and de-stress, and ZMA and melatonin before bed. Re melatonin, take as little as you can to still have the desired effect. For some people, less is more.
Ashwagandha and theanine is a great combo to relax. I add in some kava when I really want to relax, de-stress, and/or socialize.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
G8 is another good one I use sparingly. Knocks me out cold. No issues with vivid dreams.

DoubleM101

DoubleM101

Awards
  • Established
First of all, I'd like to thank for all who replied to this thread.

Not for the main purpose to help sleeping better, but to try relieve some of the anxiety (and who knows, it will help with the sleeping too), today i bought some Ashwagandha. Unfortunately, where i live, i wasn´t able to find KSM-66, only the "normal" one.

I looked at the ones that were available and i chose Now brand. It was the one who seems to have an higher potency.

Label states:

Ashwagandha Extract
(Withania somnifera) (Root)
(min. 2.5% Total Withanolides - 11 mg) 450 mg

Do you think it can be a good Ashwagandha supplement?

What usually is the recommended dosage? They say to take 1 capsule 2 to 3 times daily.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First of all, I'd like to thank for all who replied to this thread.

Not for the main purpose to help sleeping better, but to try relieve some of the anxiety (and who knows, it will help with the sleeping too), today i bought some Ashwagandha. Unfortunately, where i live, i wasn´t able to find KSM-66, only the "normal" one.

I looked at the ones that were available and i chose Now brand. It was the one who seems to have an higher potency.

Label states:

Ashwagandha Extract
(Withania somnifera) (Root)
(min. 2.5% Total Withanolides - 11 mg) 450 mg

Do you think it can be a good Ashwagandha supplement?

What usually is the recommended dosage? They say to take 1 capsule 2 to 3 times daily.
The problem with most ashwagandha is that it's standardized according to gravimetry or titration, not HPLC. KSM-66, Sensoril, and a select few other quality ashwagandha extracts are standardized according to HPLC. According to KSM, their extract is 5% HPLC, but 8-15% according to the other methods. That means that most ashwagandha extracts are really only 1/3 to 1/2 as potent as they claim. The most promising studies use 30mg withanolides per day (HPLC), although some studies have noted benefits with as little as 9mg withanolides per day (HPLC). The problem with an unknown quality ashwagandha is if it's not HPLC, you could be looking at closer to 4-7mg withanolides (HPLC). You could try to find out what method was used from the company, but most extracts are not standardized according to HPLC. You could take 3 caps of that extract per day, which would give you a label claim of 33mg withanolides, but could possibly be as low as 12-21mg withanolides, which is still a research supported dose. I'd opt for a KSM-66, Sensoril, or other HPLC standardized extract in the future. They're actually very affordable.

DoubleM101

DoubleM101

Awards
  • Established
The problem with most ashwagandha is that it's standardized according to gravimetry or titration, not HPLC. KSM-66, Sensoril, and a select few other quality ashwagandha extracts are standardized according to HPLC. According to KSM, their extract is 5% HPLC, but 8-15% according to the other methods. That means that most ashwagandha extracts are really only 1/3 to 1/2 as potent as they claim. The most promising studies use 30mg withanolides per day (HPLC), although some studies have noted benefits with as little as 9mg withanolides per day (HPLC). The problem with an unknown quality ashwagandha is if it's not HPLC, you could be looking at closer to 4-7mg withanolides (HPLC). You could try to find out what method was used from the company, but most extracts are not standardized according to HPLC. You could take 3 caps of that extract per day, which would give you a label claim of 33mg withanolides, but could possibly be as low as 12-21mg withanolides, which is still a research supported dose. I'd opt for a KSM-66, Sensoril, or other HPLC standardized extract in the future. They're actually very affordable.
Thanks for your great explanation.

I have to try any of these HPLC you mentioned. Problem is i have to import them, and it´s not always easy... For now, i´ll try this since it was the best i could find here but i´ll have a look at the others.

Meanwhile i´ll try to find which method Now uses, but like you said, i doubt Now uses any "good" method.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for your great explanation.

I have to try any of these HPLC you mentioned. Problem is i have to import them, and it´s not always easy... For now, i´ll try this since it was the best i could find here but i´ll have a look at the others.

Meanwhile i´ll try to find which method Now uses, but like you said, i doubt Now uses any "good" method.
It's probably not an ideal extract, but it can still be effective.

DoubleM101

DoubleM101

Awards
  • Established
Out of curiosity, while i was reading some reviews about the product, i read so possible scary side effects about Ashwagandha that really scared me.

Some people even needed to go to hospital about the first dose with severe GI issues, nausea, vomit, and so one...

I´ve taken before Ashwagandha powder and i haven´t had any issue, but i think the powder is a lot weaker. Can i open the caps to take a smaller dosage in the first time? Or maybe it will even more "aggressive"?

Other thing i have read in the past but i didn´t remember, it can mess with thyroid. And since i´m in the hyper borderline, i don´t know if it will be a good idea.

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
It also wouldn't hurt (if you HAVE insurance) to go to your doctor and ask for a sleep study. Recently I found out that I have sleep apnea and narcolepsy...So all the supplements help me fall sleep faster but I never felt rested due to sleep apnea and the narcolepsy made me want to drink a lot of coffee which prevented me from getting a deep night sleep even more.

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
It also wouldn't hurt (if you HAVE insurance) to go to your doctor and ask for a sleep study. Recently I found out that I have sleep apnea and narcolepsy...So all the supplements help me fall sleep faster but I never felt rested due to sleep apnea and the narcolepsy made me want to drink a lot of coffee which prevented me from getting a deep night sleep even more.

So how did that end up benefiting you? Did they prescribe you something?

sgtgreen

sgtgreen

Awards
I've liked Noxitropin and Somatomax UC in the past.
NighTTrain is the strongest i've seen and tried to date. It doesn't taste as good so i shoot it, but if you look at the profile you'll see why.
It will knock you out. haha

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
So how did that end up benefiting you? Did they prescribe you something?
They got me a CPAP (which can end up adding YEARS to your life) but the machine bothered me too much and now I'm on process of getting a mouth piece.

For narcolepsy i got meds. Now i can actually workout without having to take 300mg of caffeine. Never understood how people go without it until now.
Also now my arms and legs dont give out out of nowhere (i thought it was just my muscles giving out but it was actually from narcolepsy)

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
Also i should add that i would drift off and fall sleep WHILE on 2 30mg adderall per day and shat load of caffeine.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
I see 3Z has magnesium and zinc, but not specifically ZMA. I personally doubt it is that. Perhaps the GABA. I get the EXACT effects you note (waking 1-2 hours into sleep, crazy vivid dreams) with L-dopa and GABA products.

I would suggest a melatonin and theanine combo to start. Then you can build from there with things one at a time.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've liked Noxitropin and Somatomax UC in the past.
NighTTrain is the strongest i've seen and tried to date. It doesn't taste as good so i shoot it, but if you look at the profile you'll see why.
It will knock you out. haha
Dang...looking at Nighttrain formula, if that doesn't knock a person out then nothing will. How do you feel the next day after taking it? Any hangover effects?

sgtgreen

sgtgreen

Awards
Dang...looking at Nighttrain formula, if that doesn't knock a person out then nothing will. How do you feel the next day after taking it? Any hangover effects?
I wake up feeling great from a deep sleep throughout the night. I'm not a morning person either. Then again i only get around 6 hours sleep a day.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wake up feeling great from a deep sleep throughout the night. I'm not a morning person either. Then again i only get around 6 hours sleep a day.
Sounds great. I also only get about 6 hours of sleep a night. So, waking up feeling great would be nice. Thank you for the feedback.