Protein powder

nick123

nick123

Awards
What is the best protein powder. That dont have alot of cals

Permabulk95

Awards
I know that 1 androsterone goes thru two step conversion in the body and ends up as 1-testosterone and 4 androsterone goes through two step conversion and ends up as testosterone, both are not very effective and need to be doses very highly to produce semi decent results, both of these hormones are often stacked because they cancel out the effects of one another somewhat

nick123

nick123

Awards
I moved that post cuz i saw it said no ph talk here. But whats considered a high dose?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
so what's the question in this thread?

sareea

Awards
There is not best. Mainly the differences are how pure the powder and accuracy of the label and is it a blend or single source.
Some people todays are talking that native whey ( from milk not cheese ) got more leucine levels.

If you are looking for the best powder, just trust the big brands like ON/allmax/pescience/nutrabio/ dymatize ( in usa only ) JYM /Kaged/ machine whey/ Pescience / grenade / muscle elements...
There are surely more.
For me I prefer to buy a blend of casein/whey... And I saw the Pescience Select protein is only choice I want to invest in :) it is the most delicious ever, and it is a blend with leucine peptides derived from whey !

Good luck

nick123

nick123

Awards
Ok thank u. I currently kicked the gnc crap and bought gold standard whey.

sareea

Awards
Hhh. Good luck.
Make sure to try Pescience snickerdoodle!, I forgot to mention myprotein is also great choice.

sareea

Awards
Stack3d.com / labdoor.com / priceplow.com blog.
From there you can know everything about rating the supplements

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
Ok thank u. I currently kicked the gnc crap and bought gold standard whey.
I don't know what product you were using but GNC actually has a couple good house brand protein powders. If you can catch it on a BOGO 50 off sale (which they seem to have nearly all the time) and use a coupon then its a pretty good price too. FWIW - Many of their proteins are made by the same facility that makes ON proteins.

I like MuscleFeast protein powders and they often run great sales as well sometime up to 50% off their 100% whey, which is nearly identical to ON Gold Standard.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
IForce Isotean is great..Protean has some rockin flavors

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
If you want low calories check out Isolates, they contain primarily just protein with minimal fillers and are usually ~125-175 cals/scoop.

Otherwise PES Select is delicious and affordable too. A lot of options, too many to list lol

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards

Like Quads said, Isolates have the fewest cals, but cost more. You're best value for dollar IMO, is looking at companies that deal directly with the dairy's. You can get a high quality 60/40 Milk Protein (80/20 Casein/Whey) / WPC80 Blend for about $10/LB 26g P per 32g Scoop ~120 kcals.

nick123

nick123

Awards
I know some people that only drink isolates. Are they just lighter in cals , sodium etc...?

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
Isolates will be your lowest calorie option

PES Select uses a blend but is fairly low calories

sareea

Awards
Yeah isolates are good. But research is tending toward blends as more effective for building muscle :) PES ftw

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
Think to me at least it's completely irrelevant ( regarding the benefits of blend vs isolate ), I doubt many are eating a single source protein and it's taking time to break down and be utilized by which time I am sure you/anyone would have eaten a meal and in this life style loaded with protein.

I know I drink my shakes with a meal, so isolate/blend/casein I highly doubt would ever make a difference. Keep in mind world wide the population at large has lactose issues around 65% globally and in some populations ( Asians ) that can be as high as 90%.

Edit: The few Isolates I do have I am mixing into Fairlife whole milk/2% milk just FYI and or whole fat strained yogurt ( Fa-ge Yogurt ) haha I just think it's not worth looking at in isolation when people do not consist/eat in such a way at least pertaining to the debate is isolate vs blend or vs casein even more so when such a large amount of individuals have lactose issues regarding protein powder and the fact that you do not at all need it - it's powdered food.

Yeah isolates are good. But research is tending toward blends as more effective for building muscle :) PES ftw
That snickerdoodle doe... :D I wish they would have made that peppermint bark limited edition flavor a normal flavor option... like wtf

sareea

Awards
Think to me at least it's completely irrelevant ( regarding the benefits of blend vs isolate ), I doubt many are eating a single source protein and it's taking time to break down and be utilized by which time I am sure you/anyone would have eaten a meal and in this life style loaded with protein.

I know I drink my shakes with a meal, so isolate/blend/casein I highly doubt would ever make a difference. Keep in mind world wide the population at large has lactose issues around 65% globally and in some populations ( Asians ) that can be as high as 90%.

Edit: The few Isolates I do have I am mixing into Fairlife whole milk/2% milk just FYI and or whole fat strained yogurt ( Fa-ge Yogurt ) haha I just think it's not worth looking at in isolation when people do not consist/eat in such a way at least pertaining to the debate is isolate vs blend or vs casein even more so when such a large amount of individuals have lactose issues regarding protein powder and the fact that you do not at all need it - it's powdered food.

That snickerdoodle doe... :D I wish they would have made that peppermint bark limited edition flavor a normal flavor option... like wtf
Thanks for clarifying these things man.
Science always finds that not sticking to a fixed routine is the best. I guess it is with protein also :)

I haven't been into proteins when that flavor was on :( why did you tell me lol.

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for clarifying these things man.
Science always finds that not sticking to a fixed routine is the best. I guess it is with protein also :)

I haven't been into proteins when that flavor was on :( why did you tell me lol.
Just think this is often way over thought out in the industries favor to sell one over the other when it's still always going to be just powdered food and it is certainly convenient and many taste pretty fkn good and sweet/dessert like just way over thought out.

You missed out!! I imagine they will bring it back come the winter Holiday season ( I hope )

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Just think this is often way over thought out in the industries favor to sell one over the other when it's still always going to be just powdered food
+1 Many a monster was built using Steak, Eggs, and Milk in the 60's/70's :D I'd just find out what was the most bang for the buck between WPC80 w/ Milk, MP/WPC80 Blend, Or MC/WPC80 Blend and run with it.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There's no such thing as a "best" protein powder. Protein = protein = protein. That's like asking what's the best steak. Purely a personal question as 20g of protein in a filet cut is the same as 20g of protein in a ribeye, however they are 2 different cuts. See what i mean.

If you want low carbs, look at isolate powders. I buy/trust PES, BPI, XF, BlueStar.

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A couple I like are iFN Protean and PES Select

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
EpiStrong Supplements 30
LJ57 Supplements 23
LJ57 Supplements 1
akboom87 Supplements 34
Supplements 7