Thoughts on chlorella or/and spirulina

SBIK

Awards
Whats peoples thoughts on these 2 supplements, Allot of views over the net but theres some knowledgeable guys on AM so would love some input. Wondering if worth adding.

Regarding health supps I take Vit D, Curcumin, Na-R-ALA and Although not realy seen a s health supplements I take Agmatine & Taurine as I feel they Benefit me too. I Normally get in Spinach everyday and different fruits/veg day to day.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Spirulina is a great supplement with many benefits (strength and endurance, allergies and congestion, liver fat and enzymes, etc) supported by human studies. There are also other benefits (arthritis) according to animal studies (at doses that are practically relevant for people).

NewAgeMayan

Awards
My thoughts on spirulina: fukn gross, stinky and putrid. Best way around this Ive found is mixing with 3-4tbsp non dutched cocoa powder, drinking chocalate, and protein powder. I make a shake with these using milk and water...fukn yum.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My thoughts on spirulina: fukn gross, stinky and putrid. Best way around this Ive found is mixing with 3-4tbsp non dutched cocoa powder, drinking chocalate, and protein powder. I make a shake with these using milk and water...fukn yum.
Or take tabs. They're still very affordable.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My daily target is 7-10gms, here in NZ just convenient to go powder.
I'm not sure what's available in NZ, haha. Here in the US you can get 7g (14 500mg tabs per day) for about $12/month. It's a lot of tabs (they're small though), but I really don't like the taste of the powder unless it's mixed with other stuff that actually tastes good.