OL Triumph vs PES Ergonine

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
I think it's fair to say both these products were designed for similar purposes although execution is vastly different. For anyone who has used both, care to compare/contrast? Thank you.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
You could also look at CreMax xt.

as you can see it is a very viable alternative to both of those products. I don't know about you but sometimes i get sick of a companies flavoring system and tend to rotate between products that are very similar. There might be some things that are in cremax, like amentoflavone, that aren't in e9 or tr1umph but the same is true the other way around.

I use all three products simply because I get sick of a flavor when drinking it for two months daily

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I think it's fair to say both these products were designed for similar purposes although execution is vastly different. For anyone who has used both, care to compare/contrast? Thank you.
Lots of reviews and comparisons around,
I'm a rep but I'll be impartial

Both are great, one of them should be in everyone's arsenal daily.

It usually comes down to if you prefer HICA (E9) or PA (Tr1umph)

Both should be over at Lockout

E9 is $27 after entering "mom2016" today only
http://store.lockoutforums.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=2005158

Tr1umph is $31 with the same code

http://store.lockoutforums.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=2005112

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
To me the main factor is that Tr1umph has SL and Ergonine doesn't. Depending on how you feel about that ingredient, and maybe flavoring and sales, is what will really determine what you get. Triumph has orange flavoring, so I have jumped to them...but I used Ergonine for six months straight and enjoyed it

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
FWIW, bulk soy lecithin granules are cheap and can be added to E9. They just taste like rotting smashed elephant butthole, if you're into that. Triumph does a good job covering up the SL flavor

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established

http://store.lockoutforums.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=2005158

http://store.lockoutforums.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=2005112
I'm ready to start my third tub of Triumph and not experiencing noticeable changes in or out of the gym so I'm not sure how PA ( and everything else ) is benefiting me. That was part of my purpose of asking. I may jump ship and try Ergonine.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm ready to start my third tub of Triumph and not experiencing noticeable changes in or out of the gym so I'm not sure how PA ( and everything else ) is benefiting me. That was part of my purpose of asking. I may jump ship and try Ergonine.
You could give Ergonine a 2 month run and see what you notice compared to your 2 month run of Triumph.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
You could give Ergonine a 2 month run and see what you notice compared to your 2 month run of Triumph.
Definitely this if you've already tried one you may as well compare

If you like sweet, consider Nanaberry,
I'm hooked on Tropical Twist currently

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Definitely this if you've already tried one you may as well compare

If you like sweet, consider Nanaberry,
I'm hooked on Tropical Twist currently
Good point to mention. Blue ice and Nana berry are going to be much sweeter than Triumph. If you've ever used Blue Frost High Volume, Blue Ice E9 is close to that.

Haven't tried the new flavors but TT and Iced Tea seem to be less sweet, right?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Good point to mention. Blue ice and Nana berry are going to be much sweeter than Triumph. If you've ever used Blue Frost High Volume, Blue Ice E9 is close to that.

Haven't tried the new flavors but TT and Iced Tea seem to be less sweet, right?
Nailed it

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Dont forget OL also added non-flavored so you can basically add anything for taste

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Dont forget OL also added non-flavored so you can basically add anything for taste
As did PEScience!

But our flavours are so good that I rarely suggest it lol

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
As did PEScience!

But our flavours are so good that I rarely suggest it lol
touche- lol

i have some much tr1 stashed (I got a pretty good deal when they released it) and I have been logging for MST Ragnorok for the past few weeks. i havent had a chance to try Erg yet but one day!
imho both are great products

hiimnotcool

hiimnotcool

Awards
  • Established
Used E9 for months...switched to Tr1umph last month. I like Tri1umph better. Profiles are similar, but I like the creamy taste of Tr1umph. Before workouts I blend 3 ice cubes with the orange sherbet Triumph with 2 scoops of the blue frost High Volume and it's good as fuk lol

and it's also filling. i'm cutting, literally had that at 7:30 AM-it's almost 1 pm now and haven't eaten anything yet today.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
This!

Makes for some fun flavoring possibilities!

I'm partial to Tr1umph, and have been a SL/PA fanboy since way before the product release. So it likely goes without saying that I like Tr1umph and I respond very well to it. Covers all the angles I'm looking for any muscle fullness is wicked good on it.

However, that's not to say E9 is a bad product at all. It is a solid choice for many of the staples we all use combined into one. User preference and goals will make the final decision here.

If anyone hasn't yet tried both, I'd say get a tub or two of each and see which you respond best to. As already stated, both are very affordable and worth every penny spent.

Regards,

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
This!

Makes for some fun flavoring possibilities!

I'm partial to Tr1umph, and have been a SL/PA fanboy since way before the product release. So it likely goes without saying that I like Tr1umph and I respond very well to it. Covers all the angles I'm looking for any muscle fullness is wicked good on it.

However, that's not to say E9 is a bad product at all. It is a solid choice for many of the staples we all use combined into one. User preference and goals will make the final decision here.

If anyone hasn't yet tried both, I'd say get a tub or two of each and see which you respond best to. As already stated, both are very affordable and worth every penny spent.

Regards,
I ordered Ergonine. As I mentioned, been through 4 tubs in total of triumph and I'm beginning to think I'm a SL non responder.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
I ordered Ergonine. As I mentioned, been through 4 tubs in total of triumph and I'm beginning to think I'm a SL non responder.
Odd. Sorry you did not have a better experience with Tr1umph. I don't remember you exact experience offhand, but perhaps you needed a higher dose of PA? I know for me there is a big difference between 900mg or so and 1.5g or so of PA.

I would go with straight SL though if you want to test that hypothesis. No reason to spend $30 on another tub of Tr1umph.

nerdslift2

Awards
I have used a lot of e9 and tried a couple tubs of triumph, it was a good product but I went back to e9. The new flavors are much improved, I'm not sure why I just feel like e9 does more for me

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
Odd. Sorry you did not have a better experience with Tr1umph. I don't remember you exact experience offhand, but perhaps you needed a higher dose of PA? I know for me there is a big difference between 900mg or so and 1.5g or so of PA.

I would go with straight SL though if you want to test that hypothesis. No reason to spend $30 on another tub of Tr1umph.
I've got one more tub. I could try dosing higher. I practically stole it so I don't mind blowing through it a little quicker.

Mr Physique

Mr Physique

Awards

Or get E9 and run PA 2g's+ with SL for under a Hamilton

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Or get E9 and run PA 2g's+ with SL for under a Hamilton
My opinion too, if I wanted the PA I could easily get the bulk SL, HICA you can't easily or as affordably

It hits the taste for me though, but TT masks it well enough.

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
Bump...anyone else care to speak up??

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Bump...anyone else care to speak up??
I use both. Neither of them are going to make anyone go "Holy Crap"! They are a tasty combination of basic staple ingredients (and for the record, I don't put much faith into HICA, Alphasize, Hydromax etc...). I only use them to save some steps - I used to do 100% bulk with Crystal Light with equal results.

Now, if you've NEVER taken Creatine, BA, Betaine, etc... then ok, maybe you will see the small improvement.

I have 3 tubs of each in the cabinet and I tend to favor Triumph because of the powdered SL Granules - it makes my cans of Fearn's last longer. But you can just as easily just take Fearn's with E9. I'd say it's a wash and comes down to what you're willing to pay. and if you like a thicker Pre, or a watery one.

I am curious as to what metric you used to determine that you are a NR to SL? Are your lifts progressing? Is it the same on and off SL according to your log book/software?

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My opinion too, if I wanted the PA I could easily get the bulk SL, HICA you can't easily or as affordably

It hits the taste for me though, but TT masks it well enough.

Yeah, nothing against E9 but it's not designed to mask the horrible, torturous flavor of SL... You will taste it in E9. Triumph is a creamy flavor that blends and masks SL.

Both formulas are good, but if you want SL, and are stuck between these two, go with Triumph. SL will taste fine, possibly even good for a month, maybe two. But when the shine wears off.... It's horrible.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also, I'm probably a bit biased because I loathe the taste of SL. But seriously. It's terrible

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Profiles are similar, so based on that I go with Ergonine - purely because SL is cheap and Ergonine did it first. I like OL but when two profiles look the same I go with the one who came out with it every time :D

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Also, I'm probably a bit biased because I loathe the taste of SL. But seriously. It's terrible
LOL it's not bad at all haha

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I prefer Triump's profile to E9, but you can't really go wrong either way. I had a bunch of E9, and a bunch of Triumph. I've been rotating between the two actually.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I prefer Triump's profile to E9, but you can't really go wrong either way. I had a bunch of E9, and a bunch of Triumph. I've been rotating between the two actually.
Yeah, I forgot to mention, when I'm not being stingy, I sometimes use E9 with ice 'during' workouts as fluid - no way I could use Triumph, too thick :D

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Profiles are similar, so based on that I go with Ergonine - purely because SL is cheap and Ergonine did it first. I like OL but when two profiles look the same I go with the one who came out with it every time :D
You are entitled to your opinion on which you prefer. However, OL had VITAL1TY "Vital Anabolic Ammnunition" and then came out with CONQU3R Gen 2 (DGE) which taken together were the first ergogenic supplement blend designed to be taken daily.

The idea was to take the long term acting ingredients out from CONQU3R Gen 1 and create a separate supplement focusing on that and then we made CONQU3R DemiGod (Gen 2) an acute acting pre-workout supplement.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've always found the who did what first debates a little weird and I work for a company which is constantly ripped off by others. We don't skip eating at Burger King because McDonalds was earlier or something. We don't avoid Playstation 4 because Nintendo did it first.

It makes business sense for companies to attempt to improve upon successful products. EVERY business does this in every industry. As consumers we owe it to ourselves to get the best possible products. A lot of people say support innovators, but those are the same people I see in other threads talking about a product that is a 100% copy. It sounds nice I guess, but most don't follow it. And honestly I don't even think they need to.

Just my .02

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've always found the who did what first debates a little weird and I work for a company which is constantly ripped off by others. We don't skip eating at Burger King because McDonalds was earlier or something. We don't avoid Playstation 4 because Nintendo did it first.

It makes business sense for companies to attempt to improve upon successful products. EVERY business does this in every industry. As consumers we owe it to ourselves to get the best possible products. A lot of people say support innovators, but those are the same people I see in other threads talking about a product that is a 100% copy. It sounds nice I guess, but most don't follow it. And honestly I don't even think they need to.

Just my .02
Good post.

But really, if Ergonine offered an orange flavor I'd still be with it! Good job OL for catering to the 2 out of 100000 people that love orange flavoring!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Speak for yourself!!!! SNES/N64 > PS4. Plus Gameboy Color went too hard.
This.

Any old Nintendo > any Playstation

sorry guys

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Speak for yourself!!!! SNES/N64 > PS4. Plus Gameboy Color went too hard.
N64 is probably my favorite of all time.

But SNES is a rip off. They took the NES and just added Super to it. Support innovation ;)

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Just my .02
I agree 100%. Evomuse innovated a brown fat formula which contains an ingredient that one of these companies is using in one if thier new products... I found that to be interesting.... Things that make you say hmmmm....

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
You are entitled to your opinion on which you prefer. However, OL had VITAL1TY "Vital Anabolic Ammnunition" and then came out with CONQU3R Gen 2 (DGE) which taken together were the first ergogenic supplement blend designed to be taken daily.

The idea was to take the long term acting ingredients out from CONQU3R Gen 1 and create a separate supplement focusing on that and then we made CONQU3R DemiGod (Gen 2) an acute acting pre-workout supplement.
TBH I never really considered vitality because it is just 3 ingredients, two of which had been in my rotation long before it's release and are cheap to purchase.

The DGE pre workout redefined the category IMO, but I see it purely as a pre-workout as opposed to what Tr1umph and Ergonine are trying to achieve. They are similar in concept but quite different in terms of overall profile. I still opt for Ergonine personally because I only need one daily supplement

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I dont think triumph and e9 are really comparable. Triump looks solid as a pre. E9 is great because its good for pre post and intra and its light. I think they are both great. Ive been loving e9 in my post shake for the past week or so and prefer it like that. The flavorless version.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
N64 is probably my favorite of all time.

But SNES is a rip off. They took the NES and just added Super to it. Support innovation ;)
No need to be snarky because you share a difference of opinion. There are just some things that I like to support the companies that introduce game changers. Allgravy if you don't care though, eh?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
But Super Nintendo brought Super Mario Kart!

That was my pre-teen years, and 64 towards the end

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No need to be snarky because you share a difference of opinion. There are just some things that I like to support the companies that introduce game changers. Allgravy if you don't care though, eh?
Wasn't aiming that at you my man, making a joke about the SNES ripping off the NES.

And trust me I get and understand the support innovation mentality. All things being equal I will always try to support products that come out first if possible. Still it only makes sense to go with products that have what we view as better profiles or same profiles but not as much money. Just look at your sig!

And all of us in the supplement game are probably ripping off someone else's earlier idea. That's how we progress.

Wasn't trying to be snarky at all though!

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
But Super Nintendo brought Super Mario Kart!

That was my pre-teen years, and 64 towards the end
Mario Kart 64 almost cost me a college degree. My roommates and I gambled off it and played drinking games from it. Good times.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Mario Kart 64 almost cost me a college degree. My roommates and I gambled off it and played drinking games from it. Good times.
That was almost Super Smash for me

If anyone has a Wii U I still play the latest

kdubson14

Awards
  • Established
Ergonine hands down. Nothing in the OL product I'm interested in that's not in E9 and soy lecithin granules are far more cost effective and blend into my shakes perfectly.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Wasn't aiming that at you my man, making a joke about the SNES ripping off the NES.

And trust me I get and understand the support innovation mentality. All things being equal I will always try to support products that come out first if possible. Still it only makes sense to go with products that have what we view as better profiles or same profiles but not as much money. Just look at your sig!

And all of us in the supplement game are probably ripping off someone else's earlier idea. That's how we progress.

Wasn't trying to be snarky at all though!
I think I must be having a bad day, and it's only 8am :(

I will be honest, I read OLs profile under the guise that it was VERY similar to PES's. It isn't, aside from a couple of overlapping ingredients. GNO's post made it clear it was more like a merger which makes complete sense. I like it when there is challenge in a supplement category, for obvious reasons. But I honestly read Tr1umph as only being ONE ingredient change different, it isn't so I take it all back, lol.

I should also clarify that in no way do I think OL is a copycat business, in fact their profiles are among the BEST in the industry currently. Just in terms of a daily supp, my loyalty lies with PES :D

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good post.

But really, if Ergonine offered an orange flavor I'd still be with it! Good job OL for catering to the 2 out of 100000 people that love orange flavoring!
CreMax XT is Orange cream flavored. It's really good, refreshing. I know quads posted label on page one. It's great formula as well.

For E9 I like TT and Iced Tea