Considering Mucuna...What's the Skinny?

J

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
On a whim I purchased Mucuna from Himalaya off the shelf at Whole Foods. It's ingredients are below:

hh6100.jpg

How do you guys dose and is this too low a dose? I'm not wanting to go crazy, just a little something to add to my stack. I'm already taking 1 cap of LJ100 (100:1) and L-tryosine 500mg 3-4 times a week (3 weeks on/1 off) and 5-htp in the evenings I take the l-tyrosine.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's kind of a low dose. To give you some content, AlphaMax XT has 150mg of 98% L-DOPA per serving, or 300mg per day (it also has 150mg of tongkat ali per serving as well).

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Haven't heard of this product but like said above the ingredients are in alphamax xt which is a well known product with a lot of positive reviews.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For some more reference, doses as low as 100mg L-DOPA have been shown to have some sexual/arousal benefits, while doses as high as 800mg have been shown to have erectile benefits. I'd personally want at least 100mg, but the 150mg 2x daily found in AlphaMax XT is a good dose for me.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also on the sexual health side, I can attest to lower refractory period while on Alphamax, stemming from the hefty L-Dopa dose. Which is great for someone my age.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also on the sexual health side, I can attest to lower refractory period while on Alphamax. Which is great for someone my age.
That could be the tongkat as well. Good stuff, even for younger guys like myself.