topical yohimbine with carbs

dr gisante

Awards
Can I eat carbs after taking topical yohimbine ?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yea I think you're fine. Usually yohimbine is in a fat burner or pwo and I usually take both of those on an empty stomach but I think you're fine taking it with carbs.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You should be fine., especially with using a topical. The absorption is different.

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
sorry for using your thread op haha but as a yohimbine related question, how long does y-hcl take to have an effect on fat loss? Not for a stimulant effect but to notice fatloss, is this something I can use sporadically during a cut or does it need to build up in the system?

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
sorry for using your thread op haha but as a yohimbine related question, how long does y-hcl take to have an effect on fat loss? Not for a stimulant effect but to notice fatloss, is this something I can use sporadically during a cut or does it need to build up in the system?
yohimbine, and rauwscoline pretty much have an acute effect for lipolysis, and as such you shouldn't eat carbs / spike insulin as it will negate it.
All the α2-antagonists enhanced the lipolytic potencies of epinephrine with an order of potency: yohimbine > idazoxan > SK & F-86,466; the same order was also found in 3H-yohimbine competition studies on human fat cell membranes. The most potent agent, yohimbine, was administered orally in humans to define the conditions of appearance and the time-course of a putative lipid-mobilizing action. Oral yohimbine administration (0·2 mg kg-1) elevated plasma glycerol and non-esterified fatty acids in fasting healthy subjects without significant action on heart rate or blood pressure during the time-course of the experiment. The lipid-mobilizing action of yohimbine was reinforced during physical exercise, completely suppressed after a meal and partially blocked by administration of propranolol (0·5 mg kg-1; 60 min before yohimbine).
[]2-Antagonist compounds and lipid mobilization: evidence for a lipid mobilizing effect of oral yohimbine in healthy male volunteers - GALITZKY - 2008 - European Journal of Clinical Investigation - Wiley Online Library

This is why most people recommend to do fasted cardio in the AM post dosage. Also why it works well with IF.

Yohimbine is amazing for fatloss and is included in many products, also as a standalone. If you want a straight rauwscoline product check out TA-2 from performax labs, or bulk y-Hcl from SNS / Primaforce is a good option

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
yohimbine, and rauwscoline pretty much have an acute effect for lipolysis, and as such you shouldn't eat carbs / spike insulin as it will negate it.

[]2-Antagonist compounds and lipid mobilization: evidence for a lipid mobilizing effect of oral yohimbine in healthy male volunteers - GALITZKY - 2008 - European Journal of Clinical Investigation - Wiley Online Library

This is why most people recommend to do fasted cardio in the AM post dosage. Also why it works well with IF.

Yohimbine is amazing for fatloss and is included in many products, also as a standalone. If you want a straight rauwscoline product check out TA-2 from performax labs
I didn't really get what that study was getting at kinda skimmed it, is it saying basically they only make a small effect on overall fat loss?

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
I didn't really get what that study was getting at kinda skimmed it, is it saying basically they only make a small effect on overall fat loss?
at the end it just questions whether a2 antagonists in general would be useful for epinephrine/dopamine (and the like amines) refactory periods and helping reduce obesity. There are a ton of articles that show pre-exercise yohimbine increases fat loss though

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was always instructed not to..

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Same. I'm pretty sure it works the same way as oral.
Yup, that was my understanding. Carbs will still blunt topical yohimbines effects.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was always instructed not to..
This. Not sure why topical would be different than oral. Pretty sure it's still systemic.

Using it topically isn't gonna magically change the rules around taking yohimbine.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I apply Eviscerate pre-bed most of the time and that's usually a few hours after eating anything.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
yohimbe in general needs to be taken in a relative fasted state especially away from carbs...

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
And the half life of Yohimbine is only a couple hours as well. So if Topical is no different than oral, I'm glad I go the wake up>shower>apply topical>wait 30-45>do fasted cardio - route.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
And the half life of Yohimbine is only a couple hours as well. So if Topical is no different than oral, I'm glad I go the wake up>shower>apply topical>wait 30-45>do fasted cardio - route.
Yup as long as glucose intake does happen 2 hours before or after

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I apply Eviscerate pre-bed most of the time and that's usually a few hours after eating anything.
Yup, thats how I do it in contest prep. Eviscerate before bed, wake, take my thermoxyn, wait 30 minutes, fasted cardio, then go about my day.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This. Not sure why topical would be different than oral. Pretty sure it's still systemic.

Using it topically isn't gonna magically change the rules around taking yohimbine.
Not true.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you, or the others, have any references about this?
All of Evomuse's topicals have a localized effect. Most others do as well. I'll see if I can find some more info.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pretty sure there is a differentiation between topical and transdermal, and Matt explains this difference and why his stuff is localized and not systemic. It's all in the carrier design.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pretty sure there is a differentiation between topical and transdermal, and Matt explains this difference and why his stuff is localized and not systemic. It's all in the carrier design.
Correct

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Correct.. there is a difference but even with the local effect, I could have sworn someone said carbs could stop yohimbine from doing its magic.

macwad

Awards
  • Established
Correct.. there is a difference but even with the local effect, I could have sworn someone said carbs could stop yohimbine from doing its magic.
So... some say yes, others say no... we need a reference.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in the camp that remembers reading that carbs even stop topical yohimbine as well.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I would think that if Insulin stops Alpha2 Antagonism at the cellular level with oral Yohimbine, it would do the same with Transdermal. The molecule is just taking a different route into the fat cell???? Once Insulin (a storage hormone) hits that cell, game over, no matter how it got there??? JMO.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would think that if Insulin stops Alpha2 Antagonism at the cellular level with oral Yohimbine, it would do the same with Transdermal. The molecule is just taking a different route into the fat cell???? Once Insulin (a storage hormone) hits that cell, game over, no matter how it got there??? JMO.
Yup, that's what was implied through the info I got way back then. Yohimbine's MOA is useless in the presence of insulin.

furion

furion

Awards
  • Established
I would say this is correct, at least from theoretical perspective- as the only research for transdermal yohimbine didn't test any kinetic parameters.

Irrespective, endogenous insulin (in non diabetics) has a very large and rapid volume of distribution.
Yohimbine chemical properties (molecular weight < 400g/mol, relatively high partition coefficient: LogP-2.73) should lend to favorable transdermal application (rapid- high % bioavailability) so I would say, with relatively high confidence, that a measurable increase in serum insulin (from consumption of an insulinogenic meal) will certainly have effect on the target cells of the transdermal yohimbine.

dr gisante

Awards
i have seen that in eviscerate bff is forskolin and berberine . I thought that you shouldn't combine these two.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
i have seen that in eviscerate bff is forskolin and berberine . I thought that you shouldn't combine these two.
You shouldn't, Berberine attenuates or abolishes the increase in cAMP orally. Taking Furion's info frome above, I would expect the same transdermally?

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
Can you dose berberine away from forskolin and be "fine"?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Can you dose berberine away from forskolin and be "fine"?
I would think you would have to find out how long Coleus raises cAMP, and then wait til after that - I would assume.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
the interaction shouldn't be big enough to not take it though, you still get benefits of both. Optimally it'd be best to space them apart but taking berb and f95 together just diminishes the effects a bit

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
I see, im going to use a gda and anabeta so ill spread them as much

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
I see, im going to use a gda and anabeta so ill spread them as much
yeah spacing them out 3-4hours is most optimal. We recommend the same thing if people want to stack SlinMax (GDA that contains berberine) alongside our AlphaMax Xt(which contains F95). However, if your schedule doesn't allow it then it won't create that big of an issue

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't know the specifics, but I know Matt thinks everything through multiple times before bringing it to release, so I'd wager it's not problematic. I know he's booked up with shipping a ton of orders out today, but I'll tag him so he can join this thread sometime here: dsade

And also, the EvoMuse line (Eviscerates and Abliderates) are specifically topicals, not transdermals.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There is no berberine in Eviscerate. There is, however, Bergenin which amplifies adrenergic induced lipolysis.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What about topical Y and carbs?
You should technically be cutting and not taking in simple carbs anyway, but incidental carbs I haven't noticed any detrimental effects.