iforce Intimidate SRT and Fluoxetine?

Tom94

Awards
Hey guys, long time viewer, new member.

Does anyone know if it's safe to take intimidate SRT while on SSRIs such as Fluoxetine? My doc was clueless and the bottle has a warning to consult your physician before using with SSRIs (obviously not a direct quote).

I also take L-Dopa and occasionally Ashwagandha.

Thanks in advance.

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
Those are pretty general disclaimers because they want to limit liability as much as possible. I don't see anything serotonagenic in there, so you should be gtg! I would like to disclaim that my opinions are not medical advice and should not be construed as such.

As always, if you go forward with anything, pay attention to your body. Read up on serotonin syndrome so you know and can recognize the symptoms of the condition in the very unlikely even something would go awry.

Tom94

Awards
Excellent advice and I'm aware that the disclaimer is likely just for legal purposes. You think there'd be any issue with adding L-Dopa aswell? Thanks

Anybody else wanna chime in?

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Does anyone know if it's safe to take intimidate SRT while on SSRIs such as Fluoxetine? My doc was clueless and the bottle has a warning to consult your physician before using with SSRIs (obviously not a direct quote).

Thanks in advance.
Id personally not supplement with nmda ever.

Tom94

Awards
Id personally not supplement with nmda ever.
Yeah, nmda is questionable. The SRT was given to me and I developed a slight case of gyno after using finasteride awhile ago so I figure the AI properties can't hurt. Would be nice to see more results in the gym too.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, nmda is questionable. The SRT was given to me and I developed a slight case of gyno after using finasteride awhile ago so I figure the AI properties can't hurt. Would be nice to see more results in the gym too.
You won't get more results in the gym from that product.

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
You think there'd be any issue with adding L-Dopa aswell?
I wouldn't see an issue. Your L-DOPA is a dopaminergic drug and fluoxetine only works on serotonin receptors. You WILL want to stay away from 5-HTP if it ever comes up (common if looking into ashwag and L-dopa. That directly influences serotonin levels and is contraindicated with SSRIs.

Oh, and ashwagandha all the time. I recommend 500mg a day. It's a great adaptogen and part of my stack for minimizing anxiety med needs.

You won't get more results in the gym from that product.
This is also true. I was simply speaking from a brain-health standpoint. That's actually my forte as I've studied brain chemistry much longer than bodybuilding. What does adding the methyl group purported to do to regular d-aspartic-acid anyway? I can find no literature.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
My doc ok'd my use of 5-htp with ssri...I personally haven't had any issues..

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
cobri66

cobri66

Awards
I take the smallest dosed pill and a half a one at that

Tom94

Awards
I wouldn't see an issue. Your L-DOPA is a dopaminergic drug and fluoxetine only works on serotonin receptors. You WILL want to stay away from 5-HTP if it ever comes up (common if looking into ashwag and L-dopa. That directly influences serotonin levels and is contraindicated with SSRIs.

Oh, and ashwagandha all the time. I recommend 500mg a day. It's a great adaptogen and part of my stack for minimizing anxiety med needs.
Again, thanks for the advice. I'm aware of the dangers with using 5HTP and SSRIs. Everything you've stated is exactly what I've assumed, I just wanted to make sure as I'm no doctor.

Ashwagandha is probably my favourite supp so far. Glad to see you endorse it.

furion

furion

Awards
  • Established

Thanks in advance.
There is literally no reliable safety data on supplemental NMDA.
Hence this advice/information of any potential interaction with fluoxetine is purely theoretical.

On a macro level- under 'neurotrophic theory of depression'- a pharmacodynamic theoretical interaction may exist between NMDA and fluoxetine. If the (untested) kinetics of oral NMDA do increase hippocampal concentrations and permit augmented signaling- then there may be scope for reduced expression of neurotrophic factors and nerve cell production- hypothetically worsening the condition you are taking the fluoxetine for.

There is however, much more reliable evidence that indicates fluoxetine may be able to moderate, or even inhibit, excessive afferent NMDA signaling- which may in effect be blocking the (??desired??) action of the supplement.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
I shouldn't have posted my results with 5-htp and sertraline..I'm kind of an odd case with how small of a dose I need..SS is nothing to mess with

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
I shouldn't have posted my results with 5-htp and sertraline..I'm kind of an odd case with how small of a dose I need..SS is nothing to mess with
No big, bro. Folks need to be able to see that there is always the exception to the rule. That's why I countered with a healthy balance signifying that this is not reality for many. SS is nothing to play with, definitely, but doctors who only know what the drug companies tell them, and don't research health supplements or anything of the like are also a big danger in this kind of situation, which is why I stated that I wouldn't on the advice of OP's doctor when SS is such a serious matter.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
No big, bro. Folks need to be able to see that there is always the exception to the rule. That's why I countered with a healthy balance signifying that this is not reality for many. SS is nothing to play with, definitely, but doctors who only know what the drug companies tell them, and don't research health supplements or anything of the like are also a big danger in this kind of situation, which is why I stated that I wouldn't on the advice of OP's doctor when SS is such a serious matter.
Well said

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
OP, you like being a prozac? That is a rather difficult SSRI to manage with its multitude of drug interactions compared to others like Zoloft, Luvox, and Lexapro.

Tom94

Awards
OP, you like being a prozac? That is a rather difficult SSRI to manage with its multitude of drug interactions compared to others like Zoloft, Luvox, and Lexapro.
I've been on Prozac for about 8 weeks and so far I haven't noticed any difference. Does it really have a "multitude" of drug interactions compared to other SSRIs? I was under the impression that SSRIs had more or less the same interactions between them.

It seems that SSRIs no longer have an effect on me. I was on Paxil in high school and I remember it being too effective. I've always been an introverted person and it turn me into a loudmouth who was hitting on all the girls lol. I tried Paxil agian awhile ago and didn't see a difference. I'll probably drop Prozac soon or later. My depression is more related to life circumstances anyway.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been on Prozac for about 8 weeks and so far I haven't noticed any difference. Does it really have a "multitude" of drug interactions compared to other SSRIs? I was under the impression that SSRIs had more or less the same interactions between them.

It seems that SSRIs no longer have an effect on me. I was on Paxil in high school and I remember it being too effective. I've always been an introverted person and it turn me into a loudmouth who was hitting on all the girls lol. I tried Paxil agian awhile ago and didn't see a difference. I'll probably drop Prozac soon or later. My depression is more related to life circumstances anyway.
Prozac is the one of the SSRIs with more drug interactions as oppose to others but is also a stimulating SSRI so most people don't get tired on it. Paxil for instance tends to be sedative for most. Celexa tends to produce the greatest risk of prolonging the qtc interval placing you at risk for serious heart rhythm issues. Lexapro & Zoloft, especially Zoloft tend to be the most user friendly in terms of side effects and drug interactions.

You need to allow all SSRIs 3 full months to work though, don't expect anything just yet. There are also other medications aside from SSRIs to treat depression as well.

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
My doctor has tries to put me on both celexa and lexapro. I think that most SSRI side effect profiles and unpredictability are troubling. I recommend trying MANY other options first. I also wish that the US wasn't so run by dollars from big pharma. Much more promising medications go unnoticed over here, one such example being the SSREs which are more popular in Russia.

Last edited:

Tom94

Awards
My doctor has tries to put me on both celexa and lexapro. I think that most SSRI side effect profiles and unpredictability are troubling. I recommend trying MANY other options first. I also with that the US wasn't so rum by dollars from big pharma. Much more promising medications go unnoticed over here, one such example being the SSREs which are more popular in Russia.
Why is the your doctor trying to put you on ADs? Are you depressed? As far as side effect, I haven't experienced any from SSRIs (other than initial headaches) but, I agree. Russia seems to treat these things much more effectively. They even prescribe Phenibut which, has genuinely been a god send for me, only matched by Diazepam.

I would try other options if I was able but my doctor isn't the brightest nor is she willing to try other alternatives. She literally said "Prozac is the only thing I give young patients with depression and anxiety". She's like 70 and takes it herself.

I agree with you on big pharma but, I don't even wanna get started on that. ��

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My doctor has tries to put me on both celexa and lexapro. I think that most SSRI side effect profiles and unpredictability are troubling. I recommend trying MANY other options first. I also with that the US wasn't so rum by dollars from big pharma. Much more promising medications go unnoticed over here, one such example being the SSREs which are more popular in Russia.
Never heard of an SSRE.. googling it now is interesting. They are popular in Austria I see.

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
This is a cumulative reply without quoting everyone. I've heavily researched the SSREs, considered putting myself on them. I do get depressive episodes but mostly from excessive anxiety. I have a natural protocol which controls it mostly with the help of some found low dose benzos or etizolam.

I have a diagnosis for Generalized Anxiety and my doctor postulated atypical depression or something like that but it was never tested because I left that doctor as well. I have a record so nobody prescribes me anything but SSRIs and buspirone.

And of course the doc takes it (big pharma brainwash) and of course it's a seventy year old woman. do you really think she knows anything on the cutting edge of medical science? She's almost retired. This is why she can't advise you even a little on supplements. Vitamin C supplements are probably exotic to her.

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
BTW, if we have a place for it, I would love to participate in an SSRE thread.

Tom94

Awards
This is a cumulative reply without quoting everyone. I've heavily researched the SSREs, considered putting myself on them. I do get depressive episodes but mostly from excessive anxiety. I have a natural protocol which controls it mostly with the help of some found low dose benzos or etizolam.

I have a diagnosis for Generalized Anxiety and my doctor postulated atypical depression or something like that but it was never tested because I left that doctor as well. I have a record so nobody prescribes me anything but SSRIs and buspirone.

And of course the doc takes it (big pharma brainwash) and of course it's a seventy year old woman. do you really think she knows anything on the cutting edge of medical science? She's almost retired. This is why she can't advise you even a little on supplements. Vitamin C supplements are probably exotic to her.
What's your "natural protocol"?

Don't feel bad, I've never been arrested in my life and can't get a script for anything other than SSRIs. I'm not a pill head or anything but, something that actually worked would be nice.

Yeah, like I said she isn't the brightest. Vitamin C supplements Lol.

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
5-HTP, GABA, L-dopa, Ashwagandha, taurine, fish oil, b-complex and a multivitamin. It attacks everything directly and then some side angles which help to mitigate things which can trigger anxiety. Much of it for me tends to come from my thoughts becoming jumbled and unable to know where to start. Taurine, fish oils and the b's help keep my brain running tip-top so that I don't stress myself out and/or make a bad situation worse.

Tom94

Awards
5-HTP, GABA, L-dopa, Ashwagandha, taurine, fish oil, b-complex and a multivitamin. It attacks everything directly and then some side angles which help to mitigate things which can trigger anxiety. Much of it for me tends to come from my thoughts becoming jumbled and unable to know where to start. Taurine, fish oils and the b's help keep my brain running tip-top so that I don't stress myself out and/or make a bad situation worse.
Cool. What Withanolid % is your Ashwagandha and how many mg you take? Mines only 2.5% so I take 900 - 1350mgs.

GABA, what kind? Does it build tolerance like Phenibut and is it as effective?

BTW, don't take B6 with L-Dopa.

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
I've been taking all kinds of B with L-dopa. I haven't heard of any issues. What have you heard?

My ashwag is the KSM-66 standardized. I can't remember the percentage concentration, but I take 250mg twice a day.

Unaltered GABA doesn't build tolerance in my experience, but you will only get that benzo fuzziness the first time or two that you take it. After that, you just realize you're more levelheaded and having less panic attacks. I've never found it to be, nor have I seen any evidence that it is addictive. I dose 750mg in the AM and then another later on only if I need it.

Tom94

Awards
More research should have been made before I made that statement but, here's something "Vitamin B6 reduces the effectiveness of levodopa. Your doctor may be able to determine a dose of B6 that can help reduce side effects of levodopa without interfering with the drug's action. Taking vitamin B6 along with levodopa should be done only under the strict guidance of a physician".

Nothing serious as far as I can tell. I just heard not to awhile ago so I assumed it was a big deal.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Why are you going to that doctor for.. get a new one bro.

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
Why are you going to that doctor for.. get a new one bro.
Last paragraph refers to OP's doc. I've been to a couple at each separate medical conglomerate in my city, all give me the same answers.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Last paragraph refers to OP's doc. I've been to a couple at each separate medical conglomerate in my city, all give me the same answers.
That sucks, my docs are awesome with any sort of meds.

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
That sucks, my docs are awesome with any sort of meds.
This is a conservative farming area that accidentally grew into a small city. People here are decades behind the rest of the world. Literally. I can't even get the owners of decent-size business to talk cloud computing solutions or managed services. That's, like, the norm in larger areas. I can't speak for OP.

Tom94

Awards
This is a conservative farming area that accidentally grew into a small city. People here are decades behind the rest of the world. Literally. I can't even get the owners of decent-size business to talk cloud computing solutions or managed services. That's, like, the norm in larger areas. I can't speak for OP.
Where do you live? I'm in Salyersville, KY and it sucks big time. We have stores and gas stations but, no malls, theaters, Walmarts, ext. I spend most days searching for something to do and come up empty handed every time.

I tried getting a different doctor but, the other place I went to just took my info and said they had to do a "ghost" report and that they'll call back as soon as they were able to see me. That was about a month ago and still no call.

I've given up on trying to treat depression anyway. I'm obviously depressed because of my boredom and situation. I'd rather work on making a better future instead. Just not sure 100% sure how.

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
I've decided lately that it can't be all about your future. If you don't live somewhat for the moment, you will not enjoy your future. Find something that gives you that intensity you are missing. I bought a bike, like a motorcycle. I already have a Diamondback haha. Point is it was (relatively) cheap and effective. Gives me something to focus on that is about the here and now, and something that you can't possibly be unhappy when you do it (unless you get your ass pulled over). Not only am I happier, I've cut down my benzos even more because it relieves so much stress.

You have to find your bike, brother, literally or figuratively.

I'd also suggest heading to a larger city to try to find a primary care doctor there. I just replaced a bunch of **** on my car and will be trying this option once my work gets some insurance stuff worked out.

Tom94

Awards
That's really good advice man. When I say "searching for something to do" I'm actually trying to find my bike, so to speak. Unfortunately, I don't have any hobbies and biking is just not my thing. In my teen years weed + gaming was my "bike" but, I've mostly givin up both. It's difficult for me to find something that I genuinely enjoy, especially when I lack the motivation. Plus, there's not much to do here. I guess I'm bound to find my bike eventually. Peace bro