Best Pre-workout energy supp?

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Just wanted everyones opinions on your favorite. Wasn't there one called like drivetrain or something like that that everyone liked?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Body Octane and Neurostim, or No-Xpode (3scoops will light you up!).

Loki

Supplement Jester
Awards
  • Established
Illegal (but if you can get it) -- M5AA or intranasal 5AA/3alpha

Legal (if you can get it) -- Ergopharm's AMP.

Semi-Legal - Adderall XR

Outside of those I'd rather just formulate something myself with whatever miscellaneous things I have at my disposal.

Qwerty

Board Supporter
Awards
I'm definitely looking forward to trying AMP...

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I tried some amp. I took two caps when I woke up and one about 15 min prior to workout. I had a really good workout on this stuff. It was hard to tell though what it actually did for me. The feeling is hard to describe, you know its there but its not apparent. Maybe I should have taken four?.

6Plates

Awards
EC is better than AMP for pre-workout stimulation IMO. Granted, I only had two AMP samples to experiment with, but early results while positive, weren't as good as EC. Oh, and Loki's correct, Adderall is the **** for pre-workout, I like it better than M5AA (I've never tried the intranasal mentioned though).

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Illegal (but if you can get it) -- M5AA or intranasal 5AA/3alpha

Legal (if you can get it) -- Ergopharm's AMP.

Semi-Legal - Adderall XR

Outside of those I'd rather just formulate something myself with whatever miscellaneous things I have at my disposal.
did you guys who like M5 pre-workout find MDHT did the same thing or not?

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I second the M5. I used it while on a Trimax cycle with MDien and it really seemed to help.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
EC is better than AMP for pre-workout stimulation IMO. Granted, I only had two AMP samples to experiment with, but early results while positive, weren't as good as EC. Oh, and Loki's correct, Adderall is the **** for pre-workout, I like it better than M5AA (I've never tried the intranasal mentioned though).
EC? Ephedra/Caffeine I'm assuming? I don't really care to continue on caffeine, I drink quite a bit of it and already get caffeine headaches, etc. It loses its effectiveness too quickly.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
I think you're gonna have a really hard time finding any kind of premade pre-workout supp w/out caffeine in it. Personally I like ECY the best. Also alcar and caffeine seem to have a synergistic effect when taken pre-workout.

I'm gonna give AMP a try whenever stryder gets it in stock, but again it's got caffeine in it.

Newb017

Banned
Awards
neurostim is a great amino blend for preworkout, I take a serving about an hour before hand, as well as a serving during, i use Neurostim+C (+caffeine) but they make one without caffeine as well

otherwise, when I was getting up at 530 to lift I used Redline and that got me goin pretty good

juggernaut333

Awards
  • Established
Perhaps not specifically a pre workout stim..but I have found camphibolic to juice up my whole day,including my workouts.
Other than that,not a stim,but I love taking 1-200mg of rala along with 1g of alc and 30g of protein about 20min before my workout.NOW THATS some kickass energy and recovery there!

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
NO-XPLODE, I cannot wait to get to gym after a few scoops of this, very focused, good mind muscle feel

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
Anyone tried custom's Power Jolt? Just ordered a bottle from that sweet deal stryders got goin on (bottle of power jolt and free 50g of piracetam) since I wanted to try some piracetam as well.

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
My vote goes for amp or no-xplode, but they feel very different to me. No-xplode is better for intensity, the caff-tyro-vinpo in it really gets me ready to lift. Amp is actually better for the 'long haul'. It's not a quick, hard rush, but it feels nice, not overwhelming, and you can just keep banging out set after set, and still not feel drained after your workout - even if you only got 3 hours of sleep. I'm also liking sulbutiamine, it seems to preserve your cns the way amp does.

warriorway

warriorway

Awards
  • Established
How about redbull, I've got that glucoronolactone powder that's in redbull. I put that in my powerade while I workout.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Caffiene and ephedrine. the old standby... Caffiene has even been shown to make you get stronger faster and improve skill acquisition long term if you take it while working out consistently.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
How about redbull, I've got that glucoronolactone powder that's in redbull. I put that in my powerade while I workout.
glucoronolactone

Thats whats in red bull? Where did you find that at?

SeaHawk22

Awards
I love NO-XPLODE ,the cost is a little high, but I think its a great supp.

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
AMP kicks major ass. it's alot like adderall to me. the focus isn't quite as intense, but it gives you a nice smooth rush

meathead1987

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
My pre workout stack:

3g citrulline
2.5g CEE
0.7g histidine
1.8g beta alanine
1.5g ALCAR
2g Tyrosine
2g choline
300mg DMAE
1 HGV(huperzine vinpocetine gingko)
3g betaine HCL
37.5mg Ephedrine
250mg caffeine

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
How about EAA's? Has anyone here used EAA's (either Vendetta or in bulk) and would recommened them for workout energy? I know EAA's are useful for other purposes but how much do they really effect your workouts?

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
My pre workout stack:

3g citrulline
2.5g CEE
0.7g histidine
1.8g beta alanine
1.5g ALCAR
2g Tyrosine
2g choline
300mg DMAE
3g betaine HCL
37.5mg Ephedrine
250mg caffeine
as awesome as that prolly is i dont believe i have that kind of money :).

how do you like the mallate though? does it really help? I was thinking of doing
Alcar
cit mallate
glucoronolactone
caffeine (on some days)

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
Just wanted everyones opinions on your favorite. Wasn't there one called like drivetrain or something like that that everyone liked?
I think the supplement you are thinking of is Powertrain by Legal Gear. I havent really heard any reviews on it, but I have been interested in trying it for quite some time. Just basically an ATP supp that has NAD and possibly ATP in it to keep your energy stores up.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I think the supplement you are thinking of is Powertrain by Legal Gear. I havent really heard any reviews on it, but I have been interested in trying it for quite some time. Just basically an ATP supp that has NAD and possibly ATP in it to keep your energy stores up.
Yeah thats it. I remember they had a lot of people who beta tested it and liked it but I never really heard anything about it after that. What exactly is NAd anyways?

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
NAD is nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide. In the body it is found as NAD+(positive charge). When it accepts two electrons it becomes NADH which is used in glycolysis to form ATP. NADH helps to keep fueling glycolysis so you can continually produce more ATP for more energy, thats about the jist of it. Here are the ingredients:

Propriety Blend (948mg): (white willow bark extract, gaurana seed extract, ginger root)
NADH 21mg

So I guess it contains NADH which is already in the converted state of NAD+ to keep fueling glycolysis for more energy. I may give it a shot sometime, not too expensive.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Anything you eat is going to have a generous supply of NAD+ bro. It's quite common in all living things.

Bigfishy

Awards
I actually got a bottle of powertrain back in the day. As for a pre-workout it would be very very mild if not useless. What it was good for was performing with little sleep. You could sleep two hours take around 8 to 10 powertrain though-out the day and feel practically normal. Unfortunatly If I took them when I already felt normal (not sellf-deprived)... well I just felt normal... nothing. Great for exam week not for workouts.

meathead1987

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
as awesome as that prolly is i dont believe i have that kind of money :).

how do you like the mallate though? does it really help? I was thinking of doing
Alcar
cit mallate
glucoronolactone
caffeine (on some days)
If price is an issue I would skip the Citrulline malate as there are most cost effective options. Something like:

3g CEE ($35 a kilo)
1.5G ALCAR ($45 a kilo)
3g Choline ($35 a kilo)
2g Tyrosine ($40 a kilo)
2g Betaine (cheap)
5g Taurine ($25 a kilo)

actually works out pretty damn cheap. Probably cheaper than what you mentioned above.

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
anyway you can pre-mix those meat? Or is the consistency too different (ie fluffy l-tyro and grainy betaine etc) I do the same **** but it gets tiring opening 6 different powders and measuring them out. So i usually try to limit the number I use.

meathead1987

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I premix everything I use. As long as you shake the hell out of them every couple of days you should get a good balance. Just work out how much u'd need for say 50 doses of each and chuck it in a tub, shake like hell, and voila..

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I premix everything I use. As long as you shake the hell out of them every couple of days you should get a good balance. Just work out how much u'd need for say 50 doses of each and chuck it in a tub, shake like hell, and voila..
pestel and mortar work well too.

meathead1987

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Not when ur trying to mix 1kg of formula :)

And sorry about the above post.

EDIT: Not a problem ;)

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Not when ur trying to mix 1kg of formula :)

And sorry about the above post.

EDIT: Not a problem ;)
If you do it in little increments.

Say 250 grams at a time. Wouldn't take more than 10 mins. Yes, a bit more work but very doable and you definitely ensure a more even, blended mix.

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
def. doing that from now on......any powders to avoid?

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
don't pre-mix the super-nasty stuff with what you want to make a good pre-workout drink or whatever. JMO, but I'm not gonna be happy sipping anything with green tea powder or sulbutiamine mixed all in it. I have a good mix of mild and tasteless goodies, but I ingest the nasties separately.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
bang out 2pac and loud as possible. just coffee for me
Sage

meathead1987

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Taurine is very fluffy and sticks to the top of your mouth so I take it seperately to avoid having the other shitty tastes lingering.

zoomz

Awards
That's a great stack and i had something similar with the first 5 items only; I's love to add my Ephedrine but was told not to use with CM as they were opposites.

My pre workout stack:

3g citrulline
2.5g CEE
0.7g histidine
1.8g beta alanine
1.5g ALCAR
2g Tyrosine
2g choline
300mg DMAE
3g betaine HCL
37.5mg Ephedrine
250mg caffeine

stratvox

stratvox

Awards
I have been using Redline by VPX and it just kicks me right into gear. Start with a half a can man this stuff is potent

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am going to have to vote for camphibolic, but it's not really pre-workout.
By taking it daily you are amped when you need to be (for me that means at the gym, playing sports, etc.)
it definitely has given me more energy throughout the whole day.

Sixpack

Awards
Some of my favorites San's Tight, Lipo 6, EC stack with 3 grams of CM