Preventing Hunger

balsqf2eg2

Awards
Any products out there to prevent hunger? Stims are out of the question... I'm a recovering addict so they kind of trigger me.

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
Any products out there to prevent hunger? Stims are out of the question... I'm a recovering addict so they kind of trigger me.
Drinking tons of water can help, also i find that trying a keto diet definitely helps appetite as you're getting tons of filling protein

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Keto helps a lot of people. Personally, it makes me feel deprived and then I have crazy cravings.

Leptin and grehlin can be manipulated a bunch of different ways.

What's your bf level? Set point? Have you been dieting? How long?

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
Epitome is AMAZING for leptin my friend and it's stim free, also Props to you for recovering and trying to stay away it takes a lot man, good for you bettering your life!

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
+1 for epitome.

I've had mixed reaction at low bf. Kills hunger sometimes. Makes me hungry others. Want to stack with Brite, but need it to get restocked.

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
+1 for epitome.

I've had mixed reaction at low bf. Kills hunger sometimes. Makes me hungry others. Want to stack with Brite, but need it to get restocked.
Brite is a god send but it sells out in seconds.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Apparently I need to try Epitome

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Wanna sell me one? Ill pay more than retail!
Ha! Let the bidding begin!

Very tempting. Love to help you out, but with the way this stuff sells out, who knows when I'll be able to pick up more!

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I go the "actually consume something" route for unscheduled hunger - 1 litre of Wal-Mart 'Clear' Soda (0 anything) and a few big forkfuls of Saurkraut (5 kcals per few big fork-fulls). The SK is also great for digestion/gut/micro-biome stuff, being fermented.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Non supplement I'd say drinking infused water helps me. I find if I do water with lemon and cucumber, I drink a lot more than I would just plain water.

Supplement wise.. Epitome really works well at helping control my appetite.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Non supplement I'd say drinking infused water helps me. I find if I do water with lemon and cucumber, I drink a lot more than I would just plain water.

Supplement wise.. OxyMax XT and Epitome stack has worked really well. The stim and mood enhancement of OxyMax mixed with the leptin altering of Epitome is a one two punch on hunger.
He said no stims...

Pes shift has worked the best of any fat burner type supp for app suppression for me. Other than that just picking foods for volume. I eat very high protein and low carb and fat. Lots of veggies and lean meat.

For a different type of supp but not something to take daily kratom destroys my appetite. Almost to the point of being sick. It is however an opiate like powder so this may not be the best idea for you. I use it on my off day as it relaxes me and also allows me to eat far less.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
He said no stims...

Pes shift has worked the best of any fat burner type supp for app suppression for me. Other than that just picking foods for volume. I eat very high protein and low carb and fat. Lots of veggies and lean meat.

For a different type of supp but not something to take daily kratom destroys my appetite. Almost to the point of being sick. It is however an opiate like powder so this may not be the best idea for you. I use it on my off day as it relaxes me and also allows me to eat far less.
That's what I get for reading while half asleep. My bad

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I go the "actually consume something" route for unscheduled hunger - 1 litre of Wal-Mart 'Clear' Soda (0 anything) and a few big forkfuls of Saurkraut (5 kcals per few big fork-fulls). The SK is also great for digestion/gut/micro-biome stuff, being fermented.
Agreed. Sugar-free gum and a 5-10g serving of glutamine seems to help me as well. Sometimes you just have to eat something lol. Pysllium husk or potato starch with a glass or two of water has also given me a decent amount of satiation in the past.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
I like 500mg of berberine a day. Cheap, effective, health-promoting but extends clearance of other drugs so caffeine and ephedrine last way longer.

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
Being an ex-addict, if you are the addicted-to-highs type instead of addicted to a certain class of drugs, stay far away from kratom. It took me a long time and a lot of willpower to use it responsibly once I quit abusing things. I had little choice because the doctors will no longer prescribe me anything even though I have a well-documented condition. I use it for pain from a car accident, not appetite, but the trigger would be all the same. It affects a blend of opi receptors, a la morphine.

I second PES shift, but that has bitter orange extract, which is synephrine, which is a mild stim. I notice the focus and clarity from it plain as day, so be careful with that. It might be a good way to ease yourself into responsible stim use when you're ready, but speaking from one ex-user to another, you may want to think hard about it.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
I like 500mg of berberine a day. Cheap, effective, health-promoting but extends clearance of other drugs so caffeine and ephedrine last way longer.
I'm a big berberine fan too..blood sugar regulator

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
I'm a big berberine fan too..blood sugar regulator
Berberine is great. It's a component of SlinMax, which is a fantastic GDA. The complex, however, makes me more hungry due to the super-effective nutrient partitioning. For your purposes, I'd recommend the plain berberine.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Berberine is great. It's a component of SlinMax, which is a fantastic GDA. The complex, however, makes me more hungry due to the super-effective nutrient partitioning. For your purposes, I'd recommend the plain berberine.
Same thing happens to me...any time I use a quality GDA I get ridiculously hungry

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Being an ex-addict, if you are the addicted-to-highs type instead of addicted to a certain class of drugs, stay far away from kratom. It took me a long time and a lot of willpower to use it responsibly once I quit abusing things. I had little choice because the doctors will no longer prescribe me anything even though I have a well-documented condition. I use it for pain from a car accident, not appetite, but the trigger would be all the same. It affects a blend of opi receptors, a la morphine.

I second PES shift, but that has bitter orange extract, which is synephrine, which is a mild stim. I notice the focus and clarity from it plain as day, so be careful with that. It might be a good way to ease yourself into responsible stim use when you're ready, but speaking from one ex-user to another, you may want to think hard about it.
great post and dead on as far as my thoughts on the kratom... could be dangerous for an addictive personality, but could also be a good go-between if still truly struggling. thanks for your experienced input there.

on the synephrine front - my gf who had a mild stroke years ago and is insanely stim sensitive and intolerant (and its also a danger if she gets overstimmed) has taken it without any issue. just some objective food for thought.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Synephrine acts peripherally so it shouldn't be an issue. Stimulation would only be an issue if combined with something like caffeine. Shift helps me avoid hunger for several hours (I take it right when I wake up and usually don't eat until lunch time or later).

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Non stim products to prevent hunger? Check out the SNS line. We have multiple non stim options that will prevent hunger:

-garcinia Cambogia
-green tea caps
-raspberry ketones - RK-125 or RK-500
-Thyrocaps
-SYN-30 (synephrine)

The great thing is that they can all be stacked together!

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
Synephrine acts peripherally so it shouldn't be an issue. Stimulation would only be an issue if combined with something like caffeine. Shift helps me avoid hunger for several hours (I take it right when I wake up and usually don't eat until lunch time or later).
This is why I had said, in so many words, that it depends how your triggers work. Sometimes all you're addicted to is the peripheral feelings. Other times, it is the actual stimulation, sometimes it is anything which affects your body chemistry a certain way. It's better to at least think first than be sorry with addiction. I just wanted to be sure OP had thorough information to make this decision him/herself.

Non stim products to prevent hunger? Check out the SNS line. We have multiple non stim options that will prevent hunger:

-garcinia Cambogia
-green tea caps
-raspberry ketones - RK-125 or RK-500
-Thyrocaps
-SYN-30 (synephrine)

The great thing is that they can all be stacked together!
If you do go the synephrine route, I got a great price on syn30 at nutraplanet. I use it just as a small kick in the ass for work when not dieting.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is why I had said, in so many words, that it depends how your triggers work. Sometimes all you're addicted to is the peripheral feelings. Other times, it is the actual stimulation, sometimes it is anything which affects your body chemistry a certain way. It's better to at least think first than be sorry with addiction. I just wanted to be sure OP had thorough information to make this decision him/herself.
I wasn't disagreeing with what you said.