Negative side effects from Citrulline + Malate anyone?

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thinking about trying it. Very sensitive to stims.

I read what may happen-upset stomach. I can deal with that. Anything else someone experienced?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
One side effect is major pumps in the gym

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
increased blood flow resulting in better pumps. Also adds a sour flavor to everything, no other downsides that i've experienced

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thinking about trying it. Very sensitive to stims.

I read what may happen-upset stomach. I can deal with that. Anything else someone experienced?
Causes 0 stimulation, shouldn't be an issue.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Never had any issues. Increase in blood flow down south too!

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Citrulline malate is nt a stimulant, so you have nothin to worry about in terms of stim-sensitivity.

It is useful for increasing nitric oxide production and endurance. Expect to have more pronounced vascularity, bigger pumps, and better stamina.

Aim to ingest 6-8g pre workout and you should be good to go.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks everyone. Appreciate all around.

I was reorderng creatine from the usual source and thought to fill out the order and made a laundry list of items of interest- tyrosine, taurine, citrulline-malate. Paired it down to just the CM for now. Training outside for two days per week it it is already mid-80s with intense humidity.

This will sound crazy but taking a little bit of Horny Goat Weed prior to a workout also gives me a touch more endurance. Probably placebo effect.

BTW, last took CM with Beta Alanine and had an adverse reaction hence my placing CM in the stim category. So it was just undo sensitivity to BA not CM that give me way too many jitters.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks everyone. Appreciate all around.

I was reorderng creatine from the usual source and thought to fill out the order and made a laundry list of items of interest- tyrosine, taurine, citrulline-malate. Paired it down to just the CM for now. Training outside for two days per week it it is already mid-80s with intense humidity.

This will sound crazy but taking a little bit of Horny Goat Weed prior to a workout also gives me a touch more endurance. Probably placebo effect.

BTW, last took CM with Beta Alanine and had an adverse reaction hence my placing CM in the stim category. So it was just undo sensitivity to BA not CM that give me way too many jitters.
Not entirely placebo since horny goat weed contains Icariin :)

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
as a consumer I almost always look to SNS for buying single ingredients like CM!!!
thebigt..always speaks the truth and is a straight shooter! Thanks for the support brother!

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Serious Nutrition Solutions Citrulline Malate. Very cost effective and contains silicon dioxide to have less clumping, as is usual for powders.

Nutraplanet has it in stock and has the best price!

https://nutraplanet.com/products/sns-citrulline-malate-powder-3-gr/
RIGHT HERE ^^^^

SNS Cit Mal is a solid choice. Never had any issues other than a solid pump. No stimulation etc. It can relax blood vessels and potentially reduce BP if you are hypertensive or borderline hypertensive.

btw, since you have not had it before, it is important to note that Cit Malate is TANGY. Not bad tasting, just sour like how a lemon is. I personally love it mixed with any number of pre-workout supps etc.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Causes 0 stimulation, shouldn't be an issue.
Yep this.

Understandable the concern. I use 6g pre workout and no issues at all.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Never heard of any issues or sides

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I tried the C-M the last few workouts. Not the recommended 2gram serving but just a literal pinch here and there. It does appear to give me a bit more umph on the very taxing exterior workouts. It is summer heat hot here already in Miami.

Can imagine what a full 2 gram scoop would do to me.

Low dose of Beta-Alanine produced extensive jitters in me so I am leery of using the suggested serving size with powders.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I tried the C-M the last few workouts. Not the recommended 2gram serving but just a literal pinch here and there. It does appear to give me a bit more umph on the very taxing exterior workouts. It is summer heat hot here already in Miami.

Can imagine what a full 2 gram scoop would do to me.

Low dose of Beta-Alanine produced extensive jitters in me so I am leery of using the suggested serving size with powders.
The beta alanine should likely have just been the "tingles" that yield sort of a pins and needles feeling. For me, it was there at first but after continued use it disappears. Some like it, some don't. You can also split doses of it throughout the day to help avoid that, too.

As for citrulline malate, as someone already stated, that 6-8g should give great results so don't have any fear with 2g or going more than that. Feel free to step it up gradually to keep yourself comfortable, but no real "feel" from cit mal except for the pumps that come from it. Awesome ingredient (I love how it helps flavor things, too).