NAC question

Dmcooper

Awards
I've read that bioavailability of NAC is only 10%, can it be taken with certain foods to increase it's bioavailability or should I just take high doses? Or is NAC not even worth it to take for cycle support? I know TUDCA is good for the liver, but are there any other precursors for glutathione besides NAC?

NewAgeMayan

Awards
As fas as I understand, the bioavailability of NAC itself is largely irrelevant to its purposes here ie as a precursor to endogenous cysteine.

Dmcooper

Awards
What do you mean? Is cysteine not a precursor to glutathione? or are you saying that it's not worth it to use NAC for cycle support?

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
I've read that bioavailability of NAC is only 10%, can it be taken with certain foods to increase it's bioavailability or should I just take high doses? Or is NAC not even worth it to take for cycle support? I know TUDCA is good for the liver, but are there any other precursors for glutathione besides NAC?
NAC is worth it on cycle. I'd snag bulk NAC from Jarrows or CEL Cycle Assist.

I'm on mobile but there's a couple studies out there showing NAC to be helpful, but yes the bioavailability is about 9.7% iirc from the study.

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
What do you mean? Is cysteine not a precursor to glutathione? or are you saying that it's not worth it to use NAC for cycle support?
I've read that Bioperine or 6,7Hydroxybergamottin helps with absorption, and also eating it with a high fat content meal will help. I too use NAC daily everyday of my life for the glutathione production

Dmcooper

Awards
I've read that Bioperine or 6,7Hydroxybergamottin helps with absorption, and also eating it with a high fat content meal will help. I too use NAC daily everyday of my life for the glutathione production
I've never thought about using it everyday, what dose do you take daily?

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
there's nothing it can negatively impact unless you mega dose.. It's a precursor to the best antioxidant in the body and gives lung and liver support why not run it for health aswell if you can afford it is my mentality. i do 1.2g a day 600 mg am 600mg around 6pm

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
Also you can just take Acetylated Glutathione it's expensive as F-uck but it has 35% absorption i believe i read. I think it's 60 for a month run but remember it's the strongest antioxidant in the body so if you're looking for that kind've thing it may be worth it for you I just ordered some gonna compare it to how i feel on NAC

Dmcooper

Awards
there's nothing it can negatively impact unless you mega dose.. It's a precursor to the best antioxidant in the body and gives lung and liver support why not run it for health aswell if you can afford it is my mentality. i do 1.2g a day 600 mg am 600mg around 6pm
Oh wow I'm considering taking it everyday now, thanks! So far, Fish oil is the only thing I've been strictly taking every day. I have been wondering what the best supps to take everyday for overall health that are not a waste of money.

Dmcooper

Awards
Also you can just take Acetylated Glutathione it's expensive as F-uck but it has 35% absorption i believe i read. I think it's 60 for a month run but remember it's the strongest antioxidant in the body so if you're looking for that kind've thing it may be worth it for you I just ordered some gonna compare it to how i feel on NAC
I've actually never heard of acetylated glutathione, I'll definitely look into it. What dose do you take?
Let me know, If you decide to use it instead of NAC!

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
I've actually never heard of acetylated glutathione, I'll definitely look into it. What dose do you take?
Let me know, If you decide to use it instead of NAC!
Haven't got it yet gonna start experimenting with dose when I get it